onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Roy Sproson's statue progress

old sage

I have no idea what BB thinks as I have not spoken to him since last August when he took a unilateral decision that thwarted us starting work l;ast close season.

All negotaitions with the club since that date have been undertaken by Pete Williams who is our Treasurer and a great guy.

I couldn't see the point in allowing potential friction between me and BB coming in the way of the project.

However, I am still Chairman of the project and as keen as ever to see it through.

With regards to have any Directors contributed to the project. Don't want to publicly identify anyone but lets just say that in my time as Chairman of the project (we inherited it when it had raised £20,000 and that has since risen to in excaess of £70,000) Black & Gold contributed £1,000 to the fund which is £900 more than the Board of Directors in situ immediately pre-egm have done.

Advert

I can confirm that thanks to Bede the Sproson statue will definitely be at the Open Day and the 'plant' for the work is now on-site and some preliminary work undertaken.

Full commencement starts on Monday.

As part of this first phase the groundwork will be cleared to create the alcove and the statue will be erected, minus its plinth, and kept underwraps.

To complete the work we need to raise the cash for the granite plinth, the cost of the sponsors names going on the associated plaque.

Please give freely tomorrow please - nearly there.

The statue is truly magnificent.

Regards,

Dave F

Dave, not meaning to be funny or clever but, doesnt the plinth need to go down first if the statue is meant to be on it?

Dave, not meaning to be funny or clever but, doesnt the plinth need to go down first if the statue is meant to be on it?

It might be the statue is on some sort of frame/pole.This is put in position and the plinth built around the frame/pole.

I have no idea what BB thinks as I have not spoken to him since last August when he took a unilateral decision that thwarted us starting work l;ast close season.

All negotaitions with the club since that date have been undertaken by Pete Williams who is our Treasurer and a great guy.

I couldn't see the point in allowing potential friction between me and BB coming in the way of the project.

However, I am still Chairman of the project and as keen as ever to see it through.

With regards to have any Directors contributed to the project. Don't want to publicly identify anyone but lets just say that in my time as Chairman of the project (we inherited it when it had raised £20,000 and that has since risen to in excaess of £70,000) Black & Gold contributed £1,000 to the fund which is £900 more than the Board of Directors in situ immediately pre-egm have done.

Im glad your keeping it a secret Dave.... :rollonthefloor: :rollonthefloor: :rollonthefloor:

Nice to meet Jimmy and many others today.

It was great to finally have Sproey on show and its interesting to see quite a lot of people take away the 'names' forms - perhaps now they can see the statue and the work that's been started on creating the whole area people will want to get their names down.

Our Tombola went really well and as usual the buckets were good for us.

Don't know how much we raised but must have been a few hundred quid and those names if returned might just make a huge difference.

Seeing the size of 'plant' we have to hire in makes it easy to see where the money goes.

All the steps and the car parking either side of them have been broken up ready for removal and the 'new' wall that was the bone of so much contention and anger when erected last summer has been broken through and Bill there wasn't a weak point built into it like you said - another lie for the list.

Thanks to Pete & Liz Williams, Geoff & Sheila Howell, Dave Ryder, and above all to Steve Lockett (Bede) for spending yesterday afternoon loading Sir Roy onto his trailer and getting him down to the Vale - it made all the difference having him there Steve, many thanks.

Archived