onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans in the Hamil

butt lane vale fan

Do you want the Hamil for Vale fans only?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Hamil for Vale fans only?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I very much suspect there are two reasons why people go in the Paddock: firstly, because they want to sit on the side, and secondly because they want to be at the end next to the away fans so thay can shout at them. If we swapped ends, the second lot would stay in the Paddock and move down to the other end!

Last Saturday's game at Barnsley was a prime example of how putting the two sets of fans as far apart as possible kills any atmosphere.

I know many will disagree, but the chanting between the two sets (within reason) can be the catalyst for good noisy occasions.

If that part of football goes, there's really very little left.

Advert

I don't like the inferences on here that the Lorne Street is "devoid of atmosphere"!

When we get going we make quite a noise. Seems to me the majority of noise is generated in that small corner of the Railway Paddock and everywhere else is about equal in decibels of noise generated!

Well I can tell you that from the Railway Paddock we barely hear a peep from the Lorne St or the Bycars for that matter.

Barnsley were poor on Saturday, considering there were 8k (allegedly) there....although I don't suppose 7 defeats and an FA Cup exit helped!

Well I can tell you that from the Railway Paddock we barely hear a peep from the Lorne St or the Bycars for that matter.

Barnsley were poor on Saturday, considering there were 8k (allegedly) there....although I don't suppose 7 defeats and an FA Cup exit helped!

I'll try harder in future to make Lorne Street heard by you all!;)

The facilities in there reflect that, and your view on what you come to expect from your experience at Vale Park, reaffirms my view that people from Stoke on Trent are happy to accept sub standard.

What is clear from the vote on this thread is that a vast majority of fans (not ALL fans, but those that have voted) want the Hamil to become a home end. Your response to point 1 shows you've misunderstood slightly. I'm not seeking an improvement to the current set up, what I said is that moving away fans to the paddock provides us with the least impact on the current set up. It's pretty much identical, so wouldn't really affect home fans movements.

I honestly think you are crazy :laugh:

How can you generalize that people from stoke accept sub standard? I can't even comprehend how you reach that conclusion.

I've been to numerous grounds that are far worse than the paddock, and I do not go to games because I want a pie with a roof over my head and sky sports news at half time. I go to watch a game of football.

Secondly, I've spelled it out already, but moving home fans out of the paddock is THE BIGGEST IMPACT. IT IS THE MOST POPULAR STAND. THE BIGGEST IMPACT, INCASE YOU MISSED IT AGAIN.

You've really missed the point of the vote, people are voting on bycars/hamil. They are not voting to move into the hamil at any cost.

I honestly think you are crazy :laugh:

How can you generalize that people from stoke accept sub standard? I can't even comprehend how you reach that conclusion.

I've been to numerous grounds that are far worse than the paddock, and I do not go to games because I want a pie with a roof over my head and sky sports news at half time. I go to watch a game of football.

Secondly, I've spelled it out already, but moving home fans out of the paddock is THE BIGGEST IMPACT. IT IS THE MOST POPULAR STAND. THE BIGGEST IMPACT, INCASE YOU MISSED IT AGAIN.

You've really missed the point of the vote, people are voting on bycars/hamil. They are not voting to move into the hamil at any cost.

Only just seen this reply. I think you've completely misunderstood the point about impact. I meant impact in terms of policing and security. Moving away fans to the paddock, would provide POLICE, with the least amount of impact when it comes to controlling away fans movements into and out of Vale Park from Hamil Road.

I really don't think I could have made that point any clearer, the fact that you missed it, speaks volumes.

It is a widely held view amongst many that people from Stoke on Trent accept poor standards. The fact that you're happy with the facilities in the paddock, and the reasons you've listed, kind of prove that point. You then mentioned that you've been to worse stadiums than the paddock. Yet again, you're missing the point. How many of those stadiums that you've been to (as an away fan!!) have seen you in better facilities than home fans???? I am fully aware that there are poorer stadiums in the country, but I honestly couldn't care less about them. I'm talking about Vale Park.

To then suggest that I've missed the point of the vote is hilarious, go back to one of my earlier posts, I clearly stated that I don't want my suggestion to deflect from the point of the thread, which is to gauge whether home fans want us to move into the hamil end. I then stated that the point of my post was simply to provide an another option to make that a possibility.

Sometimes people simply can't accept that alternative opinions than their own exist. You're not the only person in the world RB. Open your mind.

There are significant security and policing issues with this that I expect to prevent it happening. It would mean away fans cannot be isolated immediately outside the ground and the access to Bycars is via narrow passageways where fans must mingle and cross. In the event of public disorder there may be more risk to innocent fans including infirm and elderly and also risk to valuable property in the car park.

But I voted for it. In my opinion only fans currently in the Bycars or fans who would change to this stand if the transfer occurred should vote. Railway Paddock and Lorne Streeters not relevant if not using or potentially using / suffering the facilities.

Archived