onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reserves Potteries Derby.. Wed Oct 7th 7pm Kick Off.

ollyandpatch

Advert

Molina the lad from Real Madrid looked a classy player, and Verlinden was a real threat all night. Of all the other real hopefuls Moha and Shenton we're pretty disappointing, the lad Telford from Blackpool looks a real prospect but was surprisingly on the bench along with Mossley who played over in the Far East in pre season.

Young Watkins-Clark had a great 2nd half at the back and made Vale's two forwards look really poor, and young Shawcross looks like he's got a future in the game as well.....

Has the Boothen End got a song for Watkins- Clark yet TP?:rolleyes:Which game has young Shawcross got a future in?;)

Molina the lad from Real Madrid looked a classy player, and Verlinden was a real threat all night. Of all the other real hopefuls Moha and Shenton we're pretty disappointing, the lad Telford from Blackpool looks a real prospect but was surprisingly on the bench along with Mossley who played over in the Far East in pre season.

Young Watkins-Clark had a great 2nd half at the back and made Vale's two forwards look really poor, and young Shawcross looks like he's got a future in the game as well.....

Yeah I'd agree with that although I've seen campion a few times and I wasn't expecting him to have a good game as such as he's not really good at all. I thought hooper was slightly better but needs games and on that showing is a long way off a starting role which just shows how short vale are up front and why it will bite us on the bum sooner rather than later.

I liked the full back for stoke, joinville renne pringle. He looked a threat going forward and plenty of pace.

The winger looked very good and wouldn't mind him on loan for a few months. Also the big tall lad was that waddington? He looked decent as well.

Stoke had more quality which you'd expect and the subs looked very lively, but I enjoyed the game and we didn't lose :)

Played well I thought, arguably Vale's best player

You reckon?

He got forward well but he couldn't defend for love nor money imo.

Verlinden went past him on far too many occasions but luckily for the left back his crossing and shooting was poor. I thought he looked **** scared of him tbh when he was running at him and kept showing him inside despite that being Verlinden wanted to do (he should have done better with his shooting).

Offensively he was excellent though.

The right back impressed me more, Moha barely got a kick and was rightly subbed.

Of the starting 11:

I thought Booty didn't have much to do, he pulled off a good save second half and was actually close to saving the goal.

Right back was good defensively and kept that Moha quiet, which is his main job after all. Great tackle virtually on the half way line late on too that nearly resulted in a freak goal. Linked up well with Birchall in the first half and Birchall was also providing some good doubling up on the left winger too.

Centre halves looked solid until the changes late on and were playing it around the back well, I think Stoke only playing 1 up front for most of the game allowed all the defenders to ping the ball around easily (in particular in the first half). Billy Reeves looked very comfortable on the ball, but considering he's actually a midfielder is not surprise.

Left back Conteh was rapid going forward and created a lot of problems first half for Stoke. But defensively he was allowing the Stoke winger too much freedom, there was one occasion where he stood off 6 yards and allowed him to turn and run at him without pressing him and forcing him back. Plus if the winger had a better shot or cross then we'd have been in trouble.

I think Kelly has great feet and was a handful, sometimes he seemed reluctant to track back though and he did fade as the game wore on. Oconnor and Lloydy were linking up well and both had played well when they were on together. It was a very good run and finish from Lloydy. I think in particular in the first half the midfield was dominating Stokes and looked more comfortable on the ball. But despite that possession there weren't many chances created (the same was probably true of both sides during the game as a whole).

People may disagree with me but up front I was impressed by JJs hold up and link up play, he's better at that than Campion, who IMO is wasting a place in the starting 11 he just doesn't seem to get any better. But second half they ended up being bullied by the Stoke centre halves.

You reckon?

He got forward well but he couldn't defend for love nor money imo.

Verlinden went past him on far too many occasions but luckily for the left back his crossing and shooting was poor. I thought he looked **** scared of him tbh when he was running at him and kept showing him inside despite that being Verlinden wanted to do (he should have done better with his shooting).

Offensively he was excellent though.

The right back impressed me more, Moha barely got a kick and was rightly subbed.

I thought that too, Ryan Lloyd was my man of the match, and not just because he scored. Looked like he wanted to play.

Archived