onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

centre of excellence (how important ?)

ladies and gentlemen your attention please .

with regards to any football league club especially lower league clubs i personally would suggest that any youth development / centre of excellence involved in nurturing young fresh talent is and should be regarded as an integral part of the business . unfortunately our set up seems to be treated as something which is seen as just a hindrance and is treated woefully in funding terms.

it is my understanding that the funding for our c of e comes from handouts via various outside revenue streams , from the pockets of the hard pressed parents of children at the c of e and through fund raising organised by the parents and children themselves. now as far as i am aware (stand to be corrected) not one penny actually comes from the club itself and even the kit itself has to be purchased by the parents . surely this cannot be right :unsure:

this year the c of e needs to find another £70k to continue operating , a task yet again left to the parents to organise . now i know people might say well tough luck if you don't like it don't send your kids there , however we ( port vale fc ) are supposed to be a football lge club for gods sake , surely we should be able to incorporate this into the budget ? if not why not ? how much talent falls through vale's grasp because it is seemingly funded only by charity ? surely the board should be doing their utmost to find the next hidden gem? or is it just yet another example of the boards many failings?

Advert

Good points Pete

"We are where we are"

Are the parents worried that if they raise funds this may be used else where ?

Ant, please don't take this the wrong way, but if your referring to certain recent purchases, can this be proved??. All we seem to get is little winks here and there, if something wrong has happened it's needs to be outed, because if I was a parent and had contributed and then found out that money had been re-directed I'd want blood!!!

why ant , what do you mean ? surely any money raised goes to the c of e ?

what incentive would there be for the parents and kids to raise any money, if it didn't go the the c of e ?

LEADING question..........:shifty:

Ant, please don't take this the wrong way, but if your referring to certain recent purchases, can this be proved??. All we seem to get is little winks here and there, if something wrong has happened it's needs to be outed, because if I was a parent and had contributed and then found out that money had been re-directed I'd want blood!!!

My reference was that the parents work very hard to raise money, if I was one of the parents I would want a full break down of how the money is spent.

I am not accusing any one, just making a point that an open and transparent board should be able to give information and assurances [ they may well have done ]

ant , i see what you mean now.

so basically any money raised by the parents does go directly to the c of e and is therefore fully traceable .

how important do people think the c of e is ? i think it should be regarded as an integral part of the business and in no way should it be jeopardised .

My understanding is its a separate business account, however this can have monies transferred by club staff to cover any youth team costs.

My question is, how is this accounted for and do the parents get a full break down of costs and when bank balances.

ant , i see what you mean now.

so basically any money raised by the parents does go directly to the c of e and is therefore fully traceable .

how important do people think the c of e is ? i think it should be regarded as an integral part of the business and in no way should it be jeopardised .

It should be, but we dont run a business. I feel sorry for all involved in the C of E. Only one solution. Somebody who can. Alan Sugar would have a field day with this lot, I dont watch but see some clips, for those who think I am sad.

is there anyone on here who has any breakdown on how the money is used ?

what does the age range for children start at , re joining , as my nephew is interested. however i would want to know how the money is used if i am making donations, towards this funding ? surely there must be some sort of funding matrix available to look at ?

Archived