onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

centre of excellence (how important ?)

I dont want to sound too negative but I would love to help but the funds being raised for the youth team can not be guaranteed going into that area of the club

You could be right!!

I think it should be in the open where the money for the youth team go's to?

maybe Mark Simms could throw some light on this?

Advert

is there anyone on here who has any breakdown on how the money is used ?. however donations, towards this funding ? surely there must be some sort of funding matrix available to look at ?

I texted my coaching friends at vale c of e last night,here is the reply:

last season was the first time we were made to contribute centre to keep the centre open as the board slashed funding

we set up a fund raising opperation with parents.

the accounts managed through a commitee,these funds are clear and transparent as to where the money has gone.

This season we are having to fund a big slice of costs through fund raising.

the club fund about 50% of the cost,with help from the FA/Premiership,lucky seven draws and other fund raising/sponsorship deals.

we have to be very careful of saying how it is but its good to let the fans know about whats going on.

A general feeling is the board look on the School of Ex. as an

added cost not an added value

timinho ,

it would be very interesting to know where the £30k went that was taken for the lad who signed for everton ? especially when you say you have a van on its last legs ?

it is good to hear that the accounts are clear and transparent ? and i assume then, that any PARENT with a child in the c of e ,would be able to see exactly how their fund raising money is spent and on what ?

i am pleased to hear that the club is contributing something . however i do feel that this area of the business should take greater priority . being looked at as a non essential part of the business is very very short sighted, not good business practice at all . we cannot sign players where we need to pay a fee , so surely nurturing young talent has to be the way forward?

I texted my coaching friends at vale c of e last night,here is the reply:

last season was the first time we were made to contribute centre to keep the centre open as the board slashed funding

we set up a fund raising opperation with parents.

the accounts managed through a commitee,these funds are clear and transparent as to where the money has gone.

This season we are having to fund a big slice of costs through fund raising.

the club fund about 50% of the cost,with help from the FA/Premiership,lucky seven draws and other fund raising/sponsorship deals.

we have to be very careful of saying how it is but its good to let the fans know about whats going on.

A general feeling is the board look on the School of Ex. as an

added cost not an added value

Timiniho,

Thank you for that. It makes an interesting read

good point lads,ill try to find out where the everton money went?

BHW is right to say its shortsighted when paynter and birchall money alone is proof of the pudding that c of e works!

...to think that 6 or 7 paynters are in the u15's

is cause for investment...and the team bus needs fixing lol

ladies and gentlemen your attention please .

with regards to any football league club especially lower league clubs i personally would suggest that any youth development / centre of excellence involved in nurturing young fresh talent is and should be regarded as an integral part of the business . unfortunately our set up seems to be treated as something which is seen as just a hindrance and is treated woefully in funding terms.

this year the c of e needs to find another £70k to continue operating , how much talent falls through vale's grasp because it is seemingly funded only by charity

I believe the money for the (stolen) everton lad,may have..may have!

..been used to fund the centre of excellence.

like you say..it costs £70k a year to run 8 teams,travel..boots etc

from the boards point of view,they may say we funded it!!! full stop!!

..no need to explain anything?

My thoughts were...maybe we could get sponsorship for the centre??

...maybe a donation for a new transit for the lads without approval from the board?

your thoughts??

timinho , how many kids are involved in the c of e as in how many parents are there involved ? is there an appointed leader of the parents to act as a representative with the board ? it would be interesting to hear what the parents think of having to raise funds for something which i believe should be fully funded ?

how do the parents rate the set up ? what are they short of kit wise ? accessories etc ? how do the kids rate it ? i'm sure everyone would like to know . do the parents think the money raised is being spent wisely ? do they have enough say in how the money (they) raise is spent etc etc .

timinho , how many kids are involved in the c of e as in how many parents are there involved ? is there an appointed leader of the parents to act as a representative with the board ? it would be interesting to hear what the parents think of having to raise funds for something which i believe should be fully funded ?

how do the parents rate the set up ? what are they short of kit wise ? accessories etc ? how do the kids rate it ? i'm sure everyone would like to know . do the parents think the money raised is being spent wisely ? do they have enough say in how the money (they) raise is spent etc etc .

Some cracking points BHW

Also, if the C of E requires new strips etc does the kit need to be Vandenel or can use a different make?

If someone was to help in getting a sponsor for the C of E kits, can the kits be brought from somewhere other than the Port Vale club shop?

Think the youth set-up needs improving a lot, even non-league teams like Nantwich and Newcastle Town have very good set-ups that probably arent too different to Vale's in terms of talent and facilities!

So the two teams above have beaten Man City under 15's last season? The quality of player and coaching is there, hence the likes of Everton and City looking at our boys from the age of 11 - trust me i know ;)

Only downside to C of E is the shocking all weather surface at Dimensions. Council were due to replace this with 3 G this summer but pulled the funding. We have a number of outstanding prospects on our books

very valid points there xv . it would be good if we could maybe get a parent or some parents on here to discuss these matters . also do the c of e actually have ANY direct sponsorship from business ? i know timinho has mentioned the minibus is very tired , what if the van was refurbed in exchange for having the sponsors name being splashed allover it ? or is all sponsorship governed by the board ?

kv, thats good to hear (re prospects ! ) . bearing in mind that the setup is underfunded by the club c of e is obviously still producing some quality ! i wonder if asked whether the staff at the c of e would give honest answers on how they think things are run ?

it seems like you have some knowledge kv , do you think the club are doing enough in support of the staff ?

also placing huge pressure on the parents and the kids themselves to raise their own funds , surely this isnt right ?

why are the club allowing kids who are obviously talented to leave for what is in effect a pittance ? would this happen at crewe ? why run a c of e if you are not giving yourself the opportunity to benefit from it ?

are parents happy in the way that THEIR FUNDRAISING is used ? do the parents get any say ? if not why not ?

Archived