onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

centre of excellence (how important ?)

So the two teams above have beaten Man City under 15's last season? The quality of player and coaching is there, hence the likes of Everton and City looking at our boys from the age of 11 - trust me i know ;)

Only downside to C of E is the shocking all weather surface at Dimensions. Council were due to replace this with 3 G this summer but pulled the funding. We have a number of outstanding prospects on our books

I have been waiting for you to post!!:razz:

I agree, the standard at all ages in the C of E is far superior to those teams.

Advert

So the two teams above have beaten Man City under 15's last season? The quality of player and coaching is there, hence the likes of Everton and City looking at our boys from the age of 11 - trust me i know ;)

Only downside to C of E is the shocking all weather surface at Dimensions. Council were due to replace this with 3 G this summer but pulled the funding. We have a number of outstanding prospects on our books

I agree that the coaching is better and the ability of the kids is probably a little better obviously aswell, but I know that there is a lot of young talent at local non-league clubs aswell. This has been proven when I have seen young lads from Vale against non-league clubs in pre-season friendlies and the difference isnt much. However, I do realise their is some very good prospects at Vale and arent nocking the standard one bit. Also, dont Nantwich have their own training facilities? It is a must for Vale to have a training ground better than Dimensions

I agree that the coaching is better and the ability of the kids is probably a little better obviously aswell, but I know that there is a lot of young talent at local non-league clubs aswell. This has been proven when I have seen young lads from Vale against non-league clubs in pre-season friendlies and the difference isnt much. However, I do realise their is some very good prospects at Vale and arent nocking the standard one bit. Also, dont Nantwich have their own training facilities? It is a must for Vale to have a training ground better than Dimensions

Can't argue on the facilities mate. Though the Newcastle College facility which is used at the weekend is excellent. The kids ability is superior whereby friendlies will often be arranged with clubs like Nantwich when say their under 12 team will play PVFC under 11 to even things out etc.

kv, thats good to hear (re prospects ! ) . bearing in mind that the setup is underfunded by the club c of e is obviously still producing some quality ! i wonder if asked whether the staff at the c of e would give honest answers on how they think things own funds , surely this isnt right ?

why are the club allowing kids who are obviously talented to leave for what is in effect a pittance ? would this happen at crewe ? why run a c of e if you are not giving yourself the opportunity to benefit from it ?

the fact is..the 14year old vale lad who went to everton

was 'given a fantastic deal to sign for everton

..and vale got the maximum allowed (by trevor brooking)

vale had no option to let him go

Can't argue on the facilities mate. Though the Newcastle College facility which is used at the weekend is excellent. The kids ability is superior whereby friendlies will often be arranged with clubs like Nantwich when say their under 12 team will play PVFC under 11 to even things out etc.

Yes, but we want our own facilities not using someone elses. Yes, overall the talent at Vale will be far superior, but ive seen very talented players who arent at clubs. What im trying to get at is Vale scouts should be searching the area to find talented lads because I can guarantee there is many out there. Also, how many in the C of E will get in the first team?

If you are going to run a C of E you do it professionally and with 100% backing, if you don't its not worth bothering.

If my son takes an interest I will take him to the club offering the best coaching be Stoke, Crewe, Vale or anyone else

Stoke's setup is very good but they get through so many kids it's ridiculous. I know far too many who have been picked up and spat out from a young age. Respect to one lad I know who turned them down (and he was only 9!).

Crewe is excellent at academy standard, however they seem to get a lot of their dirty work done for them by other local sides through what is their supposed 'development systems'.

What Vale needs to do is provide quality coaching on a decent scale and to do this it simply needs the coaches and that's where the money goes. For all the age groups it takes a lot of admin, planning time and coaching time. Other costs I would imagine are minimal.

What im trying to get at is Vale scouts should be searching the area to find talented lads because I can guarantee there is many out there.

We don't have them or they are looking in the wrong places. I've coached in the local area (at a decent standard) for 6 years now and have NEVER come across a Vale scout at our games. One of our lads is now on trial with Stoke, one recently went into Crewe's development system and I genuinely believe we've had others (and possibly still have) that deserve a chance.

Some cracking points BHW

Also, if the C of E requires new strips etc does the kit need to be Vandenel or can use a different make?

If someone was to help in getting a sponsor for the C of E kits, can the kits be brought from somewhere other than the Port Vale club shop?

no..BCG sponsored the centre for 2 years

different shirt sponsors..anyone can be involved as far as i know

the lads need shirts,shorts.socks

where else is this happening??

Stoke's setup is very good but they get through so many kids it's ridiculous. I know far too many who have been picked up and spat out from a young age. Respect to one lad I know who turned them down (and he was only 9!).

Crewe is excellent at academy standard, however they seem to get a lot of their dirty work done for them by other local sides through what is their supposed 'development systems'.

What Vale needs to do is provide quality coaching on a decent scale and to do this it simply needs the coaches and that's where the money goes. For all the age groups it takes a lot of admin, planning time and coaching time. Other costs I would imagine are minimal.

Stoke have signed a lot of young kids from abroad recently, but the quality and facilities are very good there as are Crewe's. But we cant be competing with the level of talent they produce as i would guess they get a lot more funding. Also, I know Crewe send a lot of theier youngsters on load to sides such as Nantwich and also grab alot of talent from local clubs. Could this be a good idea for the Vale to do?

why are the club allowing kids who are obviously talented to leave for what is in effect a pittance ? would this happen at crewe ? why run a c of e if you are not giving yourself the opportunity to benefit from it ?

I don't think they have a lot of choice in the matter. It's hard to say why the first team isn't massively benefiting.

One argument could be that Crewe and Stoke are MUCH more ruthless in bringing in lots of lads and different ages and cutting them if they don't meet up. What Crewe do well is create sides in local junior leagues to take their off casts to keep tabs on them, whilst also giving potential signings a chance without taking them on full time. It doesn't fit well with other local sides, but it works.

We don't have them or they are looking in the wrong places. I've coached in the local area (at a decent standard) for 6 years now and have NEVER come across a Vale scout at our games. One of our lads is now on trial with Stoke, one recently went into Crewe's development system and I genuinely believe we've had others (and possibly still have) that deserve a chance.

This is what I mean, I know many lads that play at proffessional clubs and also know many lads who aren't at a proffessional club and are just as good as the ones who are at clubs. Surely Vale scouts should be watching a lot of local games on the weekends?

Stoke have signed a lot of young kids from abroad recently, but the quality and facilities are very good there as are Crewe's. But we cant be competing with the level of talent they produce as i would guess they get a lot more funding. Also, I know Crewe send a lot of theier youngsters on load to sides such as Nantwich and also grab alot of talent from local clubs. Could this be a good idea for the Vale to do?

As I have sort of posted elsewhere Crewe have A LOT of links with junior and senior clubs all around. It makes a big difference to the talent pool they can access.

This is what I mean, I know many lads that play at proffessional clubs and also know many lads who aren't at a proffessional club and are just as good as the ones who are at clubs. Surely Vale scouts should be watching a lot of local games on the weekends?

I don't think the scouts exist. Truly don't. With all due respect they need to start getting on board with people who know the local leagues.

Archived