onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford City 1 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

3 points against Carlisle is now looking a must almost. There's no reason why we can't bounce back providing that Page and the rest of the team pick the players up, they'll no doubt be deflated after the last few days.

I'd settle for a win in the JPT myself Beechy.

Advert

Back from the game gutted as that's twice they've done us in the last minute. The team were a joy to behold in the first half. We were knackered in the second half. Uche especially lacked any energy in second half. Defensively sound until we switched off at the death. Grant a quality player. Foley had a good game as did Purkiss, Dicko and Inniss. Page made the error by bringing on Birchall and Kelly. The subs bench on the whole looks weak with the exception of Streete and AJ

What I can't understand is how Page can think that Kelly is ready for first division football and that Hooper is not. Surely Hooper has played against more physical players than Kelly ever has and would be a better bet to use as a sub and at least give us more strength to compete when you are under the cosh. On the other hand he has brought in McCourt who is a waste of a signing if you don't play him. Everyone has seen that Kelly is over awed and is not ready for first team football, and don't go on about the fact that his cross against Burnley led to the winning goal because apart from that he has been a passenger who just watched the game pass him by. In fact he stood and watched the play going on all around him so much he should pay like we have to to watch the game.

Also if you take off any forward threat off and basically hope for a point why not bring Streete on to help out the defence.

On the football itself I have been pleasantly surprised by how well we have passed the ball around and long may it continue but football is still a results business and we were close to relegation last season and so far we are one point less this season compared to last season from the corresponding fixtures.

Back from the game gutted as that's twice they've done us in the last minute. The team were a joy to behold in the first half. We were knackered in the second half. Uche especially lacked any energy in second half. Defensively sound until we switched off at the death. Grant a quality player. Foley had a good game as did Purkiss, Dicko and Inniss. Page made the error by bringing on Birchall and Kelly. The subs bench on the whole looks weak with the exception of Streete and AJ

When O'Connor and Neal is back in the side hopefully the likes of Kelly and Birchall won't be in the match day squad! The subs bench should look a little something like -

Alnwick

Streete/Innis

McGivern

Daniel/McCourt

Dodds/Moore

Leitch-Smith

JJ Hooper

We all know Birchall is a bit of a favourite of Page though.

I fell into the trap of calling for our 'saviour' Campion and he palpably wasn't. I think it was desperation on my part. Having learnt that lesson I worry we all hinge our hopes on Hooper. Yes I want to win every game but I want to enjoy what I am watching and I have to say I am. It is worth the entry money alone to see Grant perform in a Vale shirt. Not quite Ray Walker but only two steps below him which is the greatest compliment I can give him.

First of all, if the bloke who told me after the game he worked 8 hours on Monday, 8 hours on Tuesday, 8 hours on Wednesday, etc is reading this, I apolgise for my personal comment, it was uncalled for. I don't, however, apologise for saying you were talking ********. We dominated the first half of the game and those of us sitting at the away end saw very little of the action as it was all in the Bradford half. Indeed, we could have been ahead inside two minutes but for a great save by their keeper - the sort of save I don't remember Alnwick having to make all game. We ran out of steam in the second half - not surprising in view of Tuesday night's efforts but a draw would have been a far result in that game. I'm not surprised Uche was taken off because he was starting to run through treacle a bit. I did think Dodds might go as well because he was clearly struggling physically. The point of bringing on Birchall instead of the new lad totally escaped me, however.

Archived