onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday prices

Jacko51

We,re gonna be the best supported away team by a mile next season of all the ones I went to last year they were great days out....yes thats the plan I think most away games work permitting with the family, lunch and a few beers bit of banter in the away end and meet some home fans....and then back to VP after or during the home game for a bit of protesting......if carlsberg did football supporting!!!

Bring it on cant wait!!!

STARVE EM OUT!!!

Advert

A very good post, although the non-Vale fans you speak too don't appriciate just how exspensive supporting a footy club is! £16 walk up price would be good, £18 reasonable, anything above too exspensive for this level. Having said that you could watch the Vale for £10.35/game with a ST. ;)

I get what you are saying about having a ST, yes it does figure out cheaper. But many fans, myself included, can not commit to going every week. Casual fans who might go a few games with their mates before a night out will see £20.50 as money that could be spent in the pub instead. Like I said, not getting change from a 20 quid note will put more people off then £19.50 would, it's just a psychology thing. For me it is a bad move by the board. Price increases will not help increase our fan base, which is what we need to do to bring in more money to help fund a better team. I admit getting results will bring more people through the door, but a cash boost from more fans (more ticket sales, more shirt sales, more pie sales, more money in general) would be a great way to kick start the perpetual wheel that is 'more money=better players=better results=more fans=more money' and so on.

We seriously need a campaign to get more people through the gates (we have for a long time), instead we get price increases, unannounced price increases at that. Even the most pro-board person has to question the reasons behind this decision and how it can be justified if we are to believe that the club is ok financially.

Many people are feeling the financial pinch of the governments cut backs and the increase in food etc.

Petrol prices have soared and now the financial wizards on the Vale's board increase again the admission prices.

Many people can not afford the cost all in one go of a season ticket and other folks can not attend every home match due to employment and various other restrictions.

Pensioners will be counting the cost of watching the Vale play and will cut back on the number of times that they go to Vale park.

The board are doing a great job of assisting the S.E.O. campaign by increasing the attendance prices.

wether you are pro or anti etc, this is a ludicrous decision.

There are many "floating" supporters who dont get involved in club politics and just want to see a game of football every now and then, who will look at the price and wont bother.Breaking the £20 barrier is a psychological line and it wont tempt many floating supporters regardless of how well the team are doing.

Guest The Left Peg

You lot really are bitter aren't you? 4th division gash? It's my 4th division gash thank you.

6658 comments about lower league gash. Time for a new hobby?

Let's see how many of you actually go away matches because at this rate they are going to be all ticket affairs.

Season Ticket holders have priority so you can all kiss Burton goodbye for a start.

You lot really are bitter aren't you? 4th division gash? It's my 4th division gash thank you.

6658 comments about lower league gash. Time for a new hobby?

Let's see how many of you actually go away matches because at this rate they are going to be all ticket affairs.

Season Ticket holders have priority so you can all kiss Burton goodbye for a start.

It sounds like you're bitter from that post. As for Burton, I doubt we'll sell out before they go on general sale.

Guest Tony Dyche

£20.50!

I remember when the price went over the £10 Mark years back, it stopped my missus going. It was a threshold thing, suddenly having to break another note above a £20 for us both to get in. This will have the same effect.

Our local boozer felt it when the cider, guniess and stella all Rose above £3. Its not a money thing, it's a psychological barrier which makes you think twice and assess the value!

Big Mistake, because most people will deduce that the price is simply not worth the football on display. Looks very much like the gates will pretty much be ST sales and that's it!

But if most of the fans who used to go to away games havent bought a season ticket ..................

Archived