onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Credit where it's due.(Smurf / Page)

melv

Advert

One great difference is that the players are clearly being encouraged to play football and several of them - Dodds and Duffy in particular - are being played in their proper positions regularly and have the backing of the management and coaching staff. We have moved along way from the old fashioned methods which thought that players could be bullied and cursed into playing better. You have no idea what an effect the comments that have appeared on this site today will have on the players and staff.

Next test for Page/Norm is to recognise value.

Andoh and Moore should IMHO be getting extensions in front of them ASAP.

Andoh is the only player I have witnessed in the last god knows how many years who will make millions for Vale in the near future. Enoch the pocket rocket.

No he won't! Once his contract is up, he will probably walk away and join which ever club offers him most!

Then let's give him a new contract?

Trouble is, terms will depend on where Vale finish this season. That means we won't tie him down (if we can) till late on, by which time his agent will be lining up deals from elsewhere.

But hey, let's just enjoy watching him now?

I could to some extent understand some fans being sceptical of Rob Page's appointment in that he was a rookie manager, the retained list raised some eyebrows and Vale went 10 or so games without a win at the back end of last season but in the end Vale stayed up after a calamitous start to the season which was why he had my support. I couldn't understand the criticism of Smurf at all but most of all I couldn't understand the vile and below the belt comments directed at both by a few on OVF. It's early days but both guys deserve praise and credit for plotting the course they have.

Well,after all the stick I took when I was asked, live on Radio Stoke ,by Lee Blakeman,should Page be given a contract?I replied "Give him a 12 month contract and let him bring his own coaching staff and players,judge him then!"Wow what a transformation the guy has done so far.Long may this positive style continue.:clap:

The five games of this season are the best football I've seen played by a Vale team for at least 12 years!! I think if we can maintain this form and avoid injuries we can finish top eight. Even 2-1 at Swindon I believed we were still playing well enough to get something. At the same point on the Swindon match thread there was people calling for RP to go - unbelievable!

He now needs fans to back him even when the inevitable defeats come and see how far we can go.

Credit where it's due & full credit to both Smurf and Rob page for what is happening at the club.

A massive,massive improvement on last season.Some great entertaining football on show.Todays performance will be a huge confidence boost for Tuesday and Page has a problem but a good problem on who to pick.

Yes I know full well it's early day's in the season.But the future is looking much brighter.

me and 2 mates put a tenner each on vale to finish in the top half ..... got odds of 4.1 last week , odds have dropped to 3.1 since yesterday ....... we must be doing something right then :D:D.....keep up the good work smurf and rob :clap:

I took this from Eddie's excellent match report on PVO. Food for thought on the recent improvement.

http://www.portvaleonline.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15725

Page finally seems to be winning over the doubters amongst the fans. There were several renderings of 'He's got no hair', to which he responded. Anyone who watches training can see the way Page operates. His staff are actually coaching, not merely supervising 11 v 11 matches in which some players might not even touch the ball. On Thursday Bodin was supervising a game in which plenty of players were involved. Fitness coach Harbin had O'Connor and Hooper elsewhere on the training ground. The goalkeeping coach was with the keepers. Page had a small group session where he was having a line of four big players attacking the ball from corners. I saw Vale trying to put this into operation in the game yesterday but this time there was a rudimentary form of defence trying to stop them. Afterwards, when some had gone, Page had a session in which Ikpeazu on his own was receiving crosses and heading and shooting these past the keeper. This certainly worked in the Doncaster game . The point is that Page is not just a man who motivates but a man who coaches and improves players, individually and collectively. Adams, very much a motivational manager, offered much less by way of coaching. He was the man to take us out of League Two but probably not to take us further up the ladder.

me and 2 mates put a tenner each on vale to finish in the top half ..... got odds of 4.1 last week , odds have dropped to 3.1 since yesterday ....... we must be doing something right then :D:D.....keep up the good work smurf and rob :clap:

i got 200 on it with betvictor 4/1 straight after the bolton friendly easy money pay for next years season ticket and my golf membership

Archived