onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe tickets.

Howjy04

I'm in a similar situation this season although partly due to work and a couple of holidays I will only be able to get to 12-15 home games(and before anyone says anything I'm getting one of those flexi 10 game tickets!!).

IMO it's a completely ridiculous opening day fixture knowing that the first game is historically better attended, whoever sanctioned it want's their back legs breaking!

Check your PMs, SV

Advert

any season ticket holder who isnt going to the crewe game , please text me. i am desperate to get two tickets and am willing to cash reward you for the favour. we are father and son very decent sensible fans so no worries, thank u.... mobile..07929216773

For me it makes an amazing opening day fixture. Im all for it and will be going VP tomorrow to get mine.

I see your point from the pure football point of view it appears an attractive game with all the sub plots of ex players etc but logistically and practically it's a complete nightmare.

Why? Because half the people who would like to go can't get tickets as a) Crewe's away allocation is totally inadequate for a side 15 miles away with Vale's fan base and b) because we live in such a 'civilized society' in 2015 there is no chance it will be increased. If your going to give Vale a game within 50 miles on the opening at least make it open with a decent away end. I'm really suprised the police have sanctioned the fixture it's a shocker!

I see your point from the pure football point of view it appears an attractive game with all the sub plots of ex players etc but logistically and practically it's a complete nightmare.

Why? Because half the people who would like to go can't get tickets as a) Crewe's away allocation is totally inadequate for a side 15 miles away with Vale's fan base and b) because we live in such a 'civilized society' in 2015 there is no chance it will be increased. If your going to give Vale a game within 50 miles on the opening at least make it open with a decent away end. I'm really suprised the police have sanctioned the fixture it's a shocker!

Lol why would the police sanction a fixture we will get circa 1500 tickets which is about what we would sell ....we have very loyal support but don't go and embarrass yourself and the rest of us realistic fans by indicating we have a big fan base.

We are Vale and proud of it...no need exaggerate anything beyond that !

The other option is why don't they just give us the Gresty Road end? That would take the allocation to around 4K(this must hold 1700-1800?) and tbf there could then be few complaints as not too many clubs in League One(ourselves, Coventry and Sheffield United aside) could give this kind of allocation to away fans. Normally there's only 200-300 adolescents in that stand anyway!!

Crewe could easily fit their own fans in the main stand(which holds 6K), you only have to look at the photo with the ticket article on the official site to see how many empty seats there are in there of a normal match day.

I've never understood Crewe's attitude on this they are missing out on what 20-30K in gate receipts(altho admittedly it would probably increase the police bill). But if a club of their size can afford to turn down money then all I can say is sod them!

This probably is the most ludicrous post I have ever seen on this forum, why would a home team give up their normal seating arrangements to accommodate away supporters.

Are you a real account, or just a spoof trying to be as ridiculous as possible, if you're the latter you've succeeded !

This probably is the most ludicrous post I have ever seen on this forum, why would a home team give up their normal seating arrangements to accommodate away supporters.

Are you a real account, or just a spoof trying to be as ridiculous as possible, if you're the latter you've succeeded !

Er because they might make more money!?:rolleyes:

I'll treat the rest of your post with the contempt it deserves!

Lol why would the police sanction a fixture we will get circa 1500 tickets which is about what we would sell ....we have very loyal support but don't go and embarrass yourself and the rest of us realistic fans by indicating we have a big fan base.

Woosh!

I never said we have a 'big fan base'. But we certainly have one big enough to sell more than 1500 at Crewe which is historically proven!

And as for embarassing yourself you've managed that in 2 posts pretty well!

Eh? You clearly are distant. We get 2200 and they sell out via ST holders alone. We would easily sell 3000 most probably 3500.

You must of missed some of the away games back in the 90's. Lol

Got there reasonably early and queue half way round car park. Left at 10:15am and queue even bigger. Gets your blood warming for the season's start! Although only 2 on duty in ticket office they are doing really well and shifting tickets rapidly. Well done staff.

Can't see there being any left soon. Come on the Vale.

Archived