onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What is the Identity and vision for the club for the next 2 seasons ?

founder members of the new national league after relegation?

Your posts are starting to get so annoying,so negative ALL the time,what has happened has happened no one will change that so why cant you all get behind the team,back them and all unite as one for a change without the constant moaning about everything to do with the club

Advert

Your posts are starting to get so annoying,so negative ALL the time,what has happened has happened no one will change that so why cant you all get behind the team,back them and all unite as one for a change without the constant moaning about everything to do with the club

I wish I could be positive but with all the contradictory comments coming out of the club it seems that everything is wrong.Normans talk on rs was sound and straight to the point whereas page appears to say one thing then do something entirely different,i want my own players so he re-signs the lot,i'm bringing in my own team then silence,i don't think he has a clue,i think he's dense, brain dead,although I would like to be proved wrong nowt has happened to make me think differently but we shall see what we shall see so i'll leave it for now as I'm in danger of repeating myself again...

I wish I could be positive but with all the contradictory comments coming out of the club it seems that everything is wrong.Normans talk on rs was sound and straight to the point whereas page appears to say one thing then do something entirely different,i want my own players so he re-signs the lot,i'm bringing in my own team then silence,i don't think he has a clue,i think he's dense, brain dead,although I would like to be proved wrong nowt has happened to make me think differently but we shall see what we shall see so i'll leave it for now as I'm in danger of repeating myself again...

You are obviously hurting because you think we are better than we really are, but don't be trapped by negativity on some aspects of the situation that are more complex than they first seem. Crucially, Rob Page has NOT re-signed 'the lot' - he has covered his back by offering wages at equal levels or possibly slightly lower than ability / performance - he knows, Smurf has said, and we all know that some will not sign. It doesn't mean that he should get rid of them, as he knows them and what they are capable of.

If three of them had been dumped and we brought in players at wages equal to the new offers to those three, we would probably get players like Jamie Guy, Neil McKenzie and Kyle Perry or even that Slater who pretended to be a footballer. This way he gets better choice and value, but also has a fallback position.

So by doing this, RP is ensuring value for the club, it may not excite and build the buzz as much as you would like, but it is prudent housekeeping of a budget that will only stretch so far. I've said before - WAIT AND SEE who we start the season with, it may be a pleasant surprise.

You are obviously hurting because you think we are better than we really are, but don't be trapped by negativity on some aspects of the situation that are more complex than they first seem. Crucially, Rob Page has NOT re-signed 'the lot' - he has covered his back by offering wages at equal levels or possibly slightly lower than ability / performance - he knows, Smurf has said, and we all know that some will not sign. It doesn't mean that he should get rid of them, as he knows them and what they are capable of.

If three of them had been dumped and we brought in players at wages equal to the new offers to those three, we would probably get players like Jamie Guy, Neil McKenzie and Kyle Perry or even that Slater who pretended to be a footballer. This way he gets better choice and value, but also has a fallback position.

So by doing this, RP is ensuring value for the club, it may not excite and build the buzz as much as you would like, but it is prudent housekeeping of a budget that will only stretch so far. I've said before - WAIT AND SEE who we start the season with, it may be a pleasant surprise.

Very rarely do I agree with you. This is one such occasion.

Do I win a Coaster:ninja:

God knows where we will be, the league this year is being really kind to us regards fixtures, we have swapped Bristol a City, Mk Dons, Crawley, Yeovil, Orient, with Shrewsbury, Bury, Burton, Blackpool, Wigan, and we could keep Preston, so you would think there will be more away fans at Vale Park.

Will the last few years of a Stoke doing well start to cause a void with the younger supporters? The old adage of 'people will follow a winning team' is true to a certain point, but is our core base of support dwindling?

In the current climate can we ever expect an overall season average attendance of over 7k even if we were in the top 10 all season, my honest belief is no.

Controversial I know but a new ground and a complete new vision i.e Chesterfield, a Rotherham, etc is the way forward for me, but I know it isn't 't going to happen in my lifetime.

Let's just hope Smurf gets some return on the money he is putting in, let's have the big cup run we are owed, because I fear we cannot down size much more.

There is no value in keeping sub standard footballer that have proven over years they are simply not good enough any longer for the standard we are at. People like Yates, Birchall, Lloyd, Dodds, Willimason et al have proven they don't have it and are a waste of a wage.

Failing and continuing to do the same things in the hope that results may change is a sign of insanity.

Page 'knows what they can do', we all 'know what they can do' - take stupid sums of money and scrape clear of relegation and produce turgid football.

The best way to have gone would have been to have taken a slim-lined squad of 20 players on slightly more money + the 5 youth players and the odd loan rather than 28-30 players on lower terms whose quality is clearly lacking. It really isn't rocket science.

The crowds are 1000 down the season just gone compared to the last. He has had to reevaluate and rightly so. I have no sympathy with anyone on here who doesn't attend and whinges about our direction and ambition. It works the other way round for us to be a stable club. Put some faith in the Chairman and get a season ticket and then we can talk about direction.

:clap:

Well said. Time for a reality check, not so long ago we were in administration with no hope. Now we have a chairman who invests in the club, has realistic targets and a sensible business head, something we longed for under V2001 and MOLD.

The youth set up is going in the right direction with a promising crop of players. At some point we need to bring players through from youth to the squad and we look to of finally took the right steps.

A family orientated club, with well managed finances, and a steady push up the leagues. That should be our vision, and is what we have achieved under Smurf.

RAP, your Dodds bashing of his performances since Page took over proves you don't go to the games. I think he won a significant percentage of one of the Player of the Year awards, which suggests he isn't as much of a dud as you harp on about.

If we only kept top-end League 1 standard players, we would have a squad of Neal, then Pope, Marshall, O'Connor on their good days. If we went into June/July with 4 players (assuming they all stayed), we would be another Blackpool and go down. Sometimes I wonder if folk on here understand the concept of building a squad, rather than just 11 players.

From my somewhat distant perspective there has been steady progress with a hiccup towards the end of last season. What's needed now is some stability and some steady progress on the pitch and some improvements off the pitch (food, drink etc)...people will come thru the gates but it will be a slow sustainable growth.

At the mo we're a decent L1 club by just about every measure one could use..improvement in any of those measures whilst remaining steady in the others will be a step in the right direction and for me that's Norman's strategy.

He's done well for us and whilst that's no reason to blindly support him I can't see any reasons not to

RAP, your Dodds bashing of his performances since Page took over proves you don't go to the games. I think he won a significant percentage of one of the Player of the Year awards, which suggests he isn't as much of a dud as you harp on about.

If we only kept top-end League 1 standard players, we would have a squad of Neal, then Pope, Marshall, O'Connor on their good days. If we went into June/July with 4 players (assuming they all stayed), we would be another Blackpool and go down. Sometimes I wonder if folk on here understand the concept of building a squad, rather than just 11 players.

I saw every single game last season and had a season ticket as well as having one for a number of years so I think I'm entitled to form an opinion.

It's not bashing as you will note i regularly mention 5 or 6 players that we need to thank for their service and move on from. If you've watched Vale over the last 7 years there always seems to be a bit of a spike in his performances when his contract is up - coincidence I think not.

Clearly we don't start with 4 players, a suggestion like that is sheer lunacy. If you read my post I suggested a slimlined better quality squad rather than a bigger one devoid of such quality. It's not really brain surgery.

I saw every single game last season and had a season ticket as well as having one for a number of years so I think I'm entitled to form an opinion.

It's not bashing as you will note i regularly mention 5 or 6 players that we need to thank for their service and move on from. If you've watched Vale over the last 7 years there always seems to be a bit of a spike in his performances when his contract is up - coincidence I think not.

Clearly we don't start with 4 players, a suggestion like that is sheer lunacy. If you read my post I suggested a slimlined better quality squad rather than a bigger one devoid of such quality. It's not really brain surgery.

My mistake, I'm sure you had posted somewhere that you were in Australia and NZ over the winter.

Where are these better quality players coming from on a reduced budget? Better the devil you know sometimes.

My mistake, I'm sure you had posted somewhere that you were in Australia and NZ over the winter.

Where are these better quality players coming from on a reduced budget? Better the devil you know sometimes.

I am but I can watch them all electronically.

The problem is the devil we know only just scraped clear of relegation. If we dropped the squad size to around 20 from 28-30 we could attract better players on better money.

What would yours be, based on the fact that football gates are getting lower, its more expensive to watch live at a time when working people's wages are being squeezed and bled dry and the Prem is shafting every club outside it and we don't have a middle eastern despot with a few spare billions ? plus a Premiership club doing more than ok just a few miles away to squeeze support even more.

Stuck for an answer, perhaps... if so, leave a very supportive and sensible Chairman to stabilise our club and make sure firstly that there remains a Port Vale FC, and secondly that if the opportunity arises in the form of good signings, a decent cup run and proper support not posts like this, then PVFC can take advantage and work towards a higher status.

But the question is how does NS counteract this with a vision and identity to push the club forward Stuck for an answer lets not state the obvious ? What clear vision do you believe would entice the floating fan to build better gates and budgets to have a chance to compete ?

I am but I can watch them all electronically.

The problem is the devil we know only just scraped clear of relegation. If we dropped the squad size to around 20 from 28-30 we could attract better players on better money.

Even though Bristol City had bigger budget the squad was built on quality with around 18-20 players thats a vision. This a good blueprint for PVFC.

Archived