onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page gets the Job

Advert

I have put my spare cash on a wager that Vale go down to div two next season and smurfs boosted my chances of winning by his first most important decision the appiontment of relegation rob to the most crucial job at vale

Really? Who offered you a price,and what price did you get?

People are picking the stats that suit their argument and being very short sighted. We were rock bottom when he took the job, we've finished where we are with page at the helm, any of us looking at the table when we were bottom, like me would have taken survival in L1. On his games in charge had that form been over the whole season we'd have finished top half. I can honestly say that I've not been Page's biggest fan because of the formations he chooses to play at home, but you play to pick up points especially when you are in a relagation fight. None of us were moaning when we were 2 points off the top 6 after a run of straight wins (or whatever it was).

He worth a chance, I personally think he'll be a very good manager, he's shown quality at times through the season having taken over in very difficult circumstances. I'm committed on my season ticket having purchased in Jan and like Smurf says I'm happy to see how we get on, I support the club and all that comes with it... Adams, Page, Smurf or otherwise - give the bloke a chance he's a young and enthusiastic manager, with great potential.

Up the Vale!

From what i read it seems Page has full say on who stays and goes and has until at least september

Why does Smurf keep imposing these tiny milestones to review Page's performance? He should back him and give him the 12 month deal or let him go, September should be irrelevant: Page knows if he fails to produce he''ll get fired.

People are picking the stats that suit their argument and being very short sighted. We were rock bottom when he took the job, we've finished where we are with page at the helm, any of us looking at the table when we were bottom, like me would have taken survival in L1. On his games in charge had that form been over the whole season we'd have finished top half. I can honestly say that I've not been Page's biggest fan because of the formations he chooses to play at home, but you play to pick up points especially when you are in a relagation fight. None of us were moaning when we were 2 points off the top 6 after a run of straight wins (or whatever it was).

He worth a chance, I personally think he'll be a very good manager, he's shown quality at times through the season having taken over in very difficult circumstances. I'm committed on my season ticket having purchased in Jan and like Smurf says I'm happy to see how we get on, I support the club and all that comes with it... Adams, Page, Smurf or otherwise - give the bloke a chance he's a young and enthusiastic manager, with great potential.

Up the Vale!

I never thought there was a chance of us going down until four or five weeks ago

I never thought there was a chance of us going down until four or five weeks ago

Me neither if I am honest, but when you read articles in the press whereby some players thought contracts should be offered and others saying that they didn't want to entertain those conversations and they were playing for their futures.... I personally don't think it was a rosy dressing room in some senses. Hence why performances dropped off after the Notts county away game and the departure of a certain centre half who transformed the defence - a centre half brought in by Page btw.

those who say give him a chance with his own players , then "Yes", I can understand that view, although personaly I dont think based on what Ive seen that he can cut it. But we`ll see. What gets me is the argument that "we`ve had lots of sh..te managers in the past, lots of sh..te football in the past" etc etc. Yes of course, Ive seen most of it. One thing is different now. £25 ish for a ticket to watch it? Other attractions for kids/floating spectators? Complacency and accepting your lot without complaint because somehow you/we don`t deserve better or can expect anything different? Then "No", thats not for me.

This is either massively complacent by Smurf, or he is afraid to sack Page, or actually he really aint bothered.

See you in August.

I will miss our half time chats.

Here's my view on this matter. I think we've been pretty awful under page and I was desperate for a new manager. (Still am) however it's done so there's no point going into a new season moaning about it. Whether you want him or like me don't it's important we back him. I like quite a few others will wait on the retained list before getting a season ticket. If the same coaches stay along with page and then birchall, Duffy and Williamson I will struggle to justify going.

Why does Smurf keep imposing these tiny milestones to review Page's performance? He should back him and give him the 12 month deal or let him go, September should be irrelevant: Page knows if he fails to produce he''ll get fired.

I agree. Either sack him or give him the full season, September should be irrelevant as you say. So let's say we have a horror start and pages signings really struggle to bed in (happens quite often) then what smurf? We sack page after 6/7 games and bring in someone else who won't want those players. Now he's signed he has to be given at least until Christmas as they will be his players. Otherwise were just going round in Circles.

tbh i am not overjoyed at the thought of page being manager . however , if smurf backs page and page brings in the coaches HE WANTS and can get rid of the dross from the squad , adding quality along the way , then i believe we have a chance to do well . players like neale , oaky , marshall and pope should be retained . if we can bring in the likes of innis (12 month loan) sign collins permanently , bring a 15/20 goal striker in with pace we would start to look much more solid. we can but dream .

if the same backroom staff remain , the squad is not overhauled and our best players allowed to leave it will be league two here we come.

The very least for me was that page had to pick his own NEW backroom team

That's the bit i like and i will back Page and Smurf if he does ditch Grew and Glover......it's going to be interesting to see who he brings into the back room team,i am certain one will be Brown and then hopefully room for one more.

I know Smurf can be a bit of a twonk at times but i do believe that he wants championship football under his watch(proven by the money he puts in) and i also think he will sell to someone who can take us further than he can so hopefully there is a lot to look forward to.

That's me done smurf. You won't be getting any money from me next season. Ridiculous that a man can get a job after 1 win in 11 games and that was to bottom of the league!! ****ing pathetic

Should we be in the top 6 next season will you be coming back??? or will you stick to your guns

I don't want Page. But come August ill still be at the Vale supporting Page and the boys as Vale is my club regardless..

Well said and although Page isn't my first choice i want to see what he is like with HIS backroom team and HIS squad when there are no excuses,i will also be there backing my club come August.

I'm totally underwhelmed,by pages appointment,i don't think he's got the balls,i'm probably wrong,usually am and don't like being proved right but hey ho, lets see what suprises page has in store for us when the retained list is published,my season ticket eagerly awaits it.

I don't want him: I think it's an unimaginative and cheap decision but he's got it now and I'll be ****ed if I don't get behind him come August. I'd love to be proved wrong about Page and to be honest, I find the chairman's words strangely encouraging

Agree 110% with that Yukon and for those totally against Page the Chairman has even thrown something in there for you in that if we aren't performing then Page will be gone,so i really cant see any excuse not to back our team(apart from finances of course),what and it's a massive IF Page takes us to the Championship and then to the fringes of the Premier would those saying they wont go while he is manager still stay away.........thought not

Archived