Advert

Advert

REACTION: Rob Page On 'One Game Too Many'

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 140]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 256]

pvfc manager Rob Page thought his side's loss to Fleetwood Town was simply one game too far for some of his players. Subscribe to #ValiantPlayer for the full interview.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 146]From:Port Vale FC

Views:0

icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif

0ratings

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Time:00:48[/TD]

[TD]More inSports[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This is a video from the official Vale YouTube channel. Port Vale FC receive revenue from every play of their videos.

Advert

so if we'd reached the play-off's the 3 game's we'd need would have been games too far? rubbish. I,ve said before "if you pull on the shirt, you play till the final whistle, of the last game..it's that simple pride. Ask any of our supporters they would.

I totally agree with Rob Page. The players were willing and certainly played to the final whistle (unless substituted) but have had a heavy load in the last few weeks. If there is to be a clear out it should start with the fans who have been magnificent over the past six matches but were obviously very tired today.

I totally agree with Rob Page. The players were willing and certainly played to the final whistle (unless substituted) but have had a heavy load in the last few weeks. If there is to be a clear out it should start with the fans who have been magnificent over the past six matches but were obviously very tired today.

if you say so. if you watch you will know.

today's game was about pride, for themselves, the club, the fans and all credit to Marshall,Neal, who did. Also Veseli and Campion who came over to the paddock shaking hands and signing shirts, in fact Campion was short of the half way line when the rest of the team were going up the tunnel. The rest of the team fell short and let Vale down...

What an utterly crass comment by Page. Over 5000 Vale fans turn up and he's saying the players are simply too tired to put in a shift? The whole performance was dismal - tactics, formation, game management and team selection. Perhaps Page should have warned us before the game that the players were too exhausted to cope and we could all have saved ourselves a few bob as well as having to witness another total shambles.

He should go now along with Grew and Glover (especially Glover) and take most of the squad with him.

What an utterly crass comment by Page. Over 5000 Vale fans turn up and he's saying the players are simply too tired to put in a shift? The whole performance was dismal - tactics, formation, game management and team selection. Perhaps Page should have warned us before the game that the players were too exhausted to cope and we could all have saved ourselves a few bob as well as having to witness another total shambles.

He should go now along with Grew and Glover (especially Glover) and take most of the squad with him.

I agree and I felt that was his first press interview where he made me doubt him - I hope I'm wrong.

A poor showing is one thing, but defending it is another. The tone of what he said seemed to be "We stayed up and so it is mission accomplished".

I'll forgive him today if the retained list is a proper clear-out. This is his biggest week so far as Vale manager - let's see if he has the guts to get rid of the many players who are NOT going to help us progress.

I don't know why Glover is back here again he was run out of the club the last time he was here, get rid of him Norman.

I'm sure there are some Vale Fans who are managers of people in their daily life - On reading what Page has said I wonder how many of them will go back to work on Tuesday and say that he can understand why some of them sit around and just play lip service to doing their job - and that HE is PROUD of them .

He may have been a good player , he may be a budding good coach - But a manager of Men ? Talking to the media ! Boy does have a lot to learn.

I will always support the manager,but have to hope that this was a remark that was ill-thought out at best. People were relieved last week, but wanted to pay their not insignificant gate money and see something worthwhile.

Personally,Id rather have seen 3 or 4 players Ive not seen before and if we lost 5-1 well so be it - we lost anyway.

There really is no bitterness in this - I just hope we a a club learn that it wasn't a game too far for Eno Andoh, Jon Kapend, Dean C or a few others who would have been delighted to play and not 'tired' - a debut is something a player always remembers and as long as they gave their all, nobody would have minded if Fleetwood ended up winning by more.

There are some who are only too ready to jump on RP and NS and todays team and subs used maybe gave them even more chance.

More important is what happens with the retained list and that elephant in the room nobody mentions, the budget for next season.

Robert.

We have fnished our season with 1 win in 11 games.

Your record reads

Played 40

Won 14

Drawn 7

Lost 19.

The only person with "one game too many" is you.

Incidentally, Dean Glovers record as manager was

Played 39

Won 12

Drawn 8

Lost 19

Similar stats.

Similar dour football.

Similar blaming everyone but yourself.

Similar baffling team selections and substitutions.

If Norman keeps Page and the rest of the "jobs for the boys" crew, then next season will be a disaster and this club will be in meltdown.

Archived