onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown Sentinel Article

andy jones

Says that the ethos in the last few games has been a deliberate attempt to make us harder to beat by not conceding.

Whilst that may have to be the case tomorrow, and probably won't work,surely it will be a recipe for disaster in the last two games?

Thoughts?

Advert

But is that the way to win games Sant?

Against Preston perhaps but surely we are capable of beating Yeovil MaccLesfield by going onto the pitch with the thought attack is the best form of defence.

I honestly believe that if we had played with this thought in the last 8 or whatever games we would not be in the mire now.

It's a platform to build confidence.

Sometimes you also have to make sure you don't lose a game before you've had a chance to win it.

Not at this point in the season. We need to start going into matches actually trying to win the game rather than turning up for a point.

Says that the ethos in the last few games has been a deliberate attempt to make us harder to beat by not conceding.

Whilst that may have to be the case tomorrow, and probably won't work,surely it will be a recipe for disaster in the last two games?

Thoughts?

After losing 6 in a row I think that strategy made perfect sense. They had to stop the rot and they did. Id play a similar game tonight. If we draw all three games 0-0 we will be safe. We did create chances against MK Dons and I'd expect us to create more against Yeovil and Fleetwood. Just hope we can actually finish some of them.

After losing 6 in a row I think that strategy made perfect sense. They had to stop the rot and they did. Id play a similar game tonight. If we draw all three games 0-0 we will be safe. We did create chances against MK Dons and I'd expect us to create more against Yeovil and Fleetwood. Just hope we can actually finish some of them.

Personally I disagree, were a much better side when we attack rather than defend. Attack Preston and the fans will get behind them, we can't sit back and play for another point.

Playing defensively is inviting the other team into the Vales half.

Inviting opposition into their own half would be disastrous with the continually error making defence that the Vale have.

The best line of defence is attack.

We're at the business end of the season, results are the most important thing and grinding them out however.

Playing open, cavalier style football from the off would be suicide with the state of our defence. Conceding an early goal would also kill us.

You don't necessarily end a football match in the same way you start it, but you need to set a tone in the early exchanges.

Personally I disagree, were a much better side when we attack rather than defend. Attack Preston and the fans will get behind them, we can't sit back and play for another point.

Disagree with what? Being more solid and not conceding as many goals? The important thing has been not to lose. The fact that we have actually played an extra man up front and created more chances shows we can be more solid and yet create more. I never said be more defensive and not attack. I don't think we can say that we were defensive against Mk Dons or the first half against Scunthorpe, far from it, but we looked more solid. We did however close players down a lot quicker, we got back behind the ball when they had it and we had it we attacked as a team. More of that please.

I see no one is slating Michael Brown for talking to the press. Obviously that doesn't suit anyone's agenda...

you don't slag someone off for talking a bit of sense, brown knows the game and what he says is bang on the button,anything against preston will be a bonus,it's no use going in gung ho otherwise we could do a Bradford or a Colchester and that would be fatal.

Archived