onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Your protests are a waste of time.

Simcity47

Lol,

Seriously though, just cuz grown men dont want to marry each other it doesnt mean that they cant work together for the good of the group or club as individual gains usually follow.

Thats business, thats life..

Oh, if only it was so simple Princey then my staff meetings would be a breeze.

Advert

I realise that there have been many depressing posts on here over the last few days so I thought I’d start a thread about football.

Cast your minds back, if its not too painful, to when we all witnessed Exodus Isaac Geohaghon playing for us last season, every fan could see that he struggled with form and therefore confidence and he was quite rightly told by a section of supporters to leave our club and for Gannon to pick a player with more skill and application to help the team win. We could also see that Gannon himself was struggling and making a complete mess of his job as manager and again, we all let him know what we thought of his efforts from the terraces regarding team moral and playing staff on his team sheet and he was rightly sacked for incompetence.

And to the point of this post – with respect I firmly believe that our board are acting in the same destructive way as Exodus and Gannon to our team spirit but on the playing field of the boardroom and their form over the last few years has been dire to say the least. Like some in our crowd who called for Gannon and Exodus to leave I ask the same of our current board because with them playing in the team we will carry on losing and this will be highly detrimental to our collective footballing futures.

Pro- board posters on here say us anti boarders should stop complaining and support the ‘team’, well I think our ‘team’ includes a collective of everyone who works within the Vale and supports the lads on a match day and I was thinking of how some of these team members have let us all down recently and no prizes for guessing who I think they are! Our current situation, in footballing terms, is summed up thus - our board (the players) are currently playing terribly and we are losing but they refuse the leave the field and us fans are very angry with their attitude and lack of application and giving them lots of stick, our manager has better players to bring on (new investment) but as these useless players refuse to be subbed the game cannot commence and its a stalemate.

The present board want to ‘divide and conquer’ the fans of our beloved club and get us fighting among ourselves to deflect any criticism of their tenure. Us fans are debating like we do on a Saturday afternoon but about board members in our team rather than the players but we should still respect the views of others who don’t hold our opinion. I hate to see us fans divided like this and it’s really made me feel down about the way our club it being run and the divisive reactions of us fans to all that has happened. So I end my message by humbly and respectfully suggesting that we hear each other out on this forum and agree to disagree no matter how passionate or depressed we feel about our thoughts and views. I desperately was us all to be united again and supporting the team we love but the useless players must leave the field so can start winning games again and progress up the leagues.

Have all you pro boarders stopped to think what the first board meeting of the new season will be like?

Bratt and Oliver dont like Lloyd

Lloyd hates Oliver (Who does'nt)

Bratt supports Bobby Lee

Lloyd dislikes Bobby Lee because he is going to take the chairmans job from him

No one trusts Booby Lee because he changes his mind so much

Adams is forced to sit through all this and doesnt understand whats going on.

Jackson is still pulling the strings and decisions wont be made without his ok

Sims still cant get to the books

Deakin falling out with Bratt over the whereabouts of the bottle of Grecian 2000

And you lot say get behind the club after 40 odd years you are welcome to it

It's sad that we've got to the situation where a couple of people saying they're not going but don't think people who are going or want to talk about football should be shouted down are referred to as "pro boarders." The definition of pro-board on here seems to now be anyone who dares to post something about football or is contemplating going to the odd home game.

Simple people, i aint moaning i just wont go if it stays the same, thats it end of i dont want to follow a club with no ambition.

Nicely summed up....I don't expect success or I'd go and support Man Ure or somesuch...what I do expect is ambition and a club striving to be better. Vale have no such ambition...they are quite content with where they are.

That truly is pathetic.

Nicely summed up....I don't expect success or I'd go and support Man Ure or somesuch...what I do expect is ambition and a club striving to be better. Vale have no such ambition...they are quite content with where they are.

That truly is pathetic.

That is all we can hope for, but if people cannot see the need for change what hope is there?

Id also add that the legal begal used the desperation in the fans for a change, as a vehicle to push his propaganda on here. He made my skin crawl..i voted a no confidence in the board, but not for MC

Perhaps if Steven Vaughan ( Chester City ) or the guy who is asset stripping Wrexham, or Robert Chase, or any other dispised chairman showed an interest in the vale, we would have gone along with it just to get Bratt out?

We where clinging too much onto Chaudry's bid, in the hope he was the saviour - which he was not.

We are stuck with Bratt until his wife says enough is enough, .

IMHO The problem is that the v2001 board have cried wolf too many times.

Like I said in a post yesterday in the eyes of some fans Mo's offer may not have been the best for the club, but over the years we have seen the likes of Mo Chaudry, Earl Barrett Consortium, The Selman Group, The Texas Consortium, Mike Newton etc... (I could go on), turned away time and time again, when the club are desperate for not only an injection of cash but a new direction at board level, peoples patience has run out as I don't believe for 1 minute no of them were in the best interests of the club, therefore anyone who has a bid on the table whether it be good or bad will support it, just because it give us fans and shareholders hope and gets rid of the cancer that is v2001.

That truly is pathetic.

Too true. The fact that anyone who want's change and has ambition and dares to do something about it is labelled as some kind of trouble maker or moron is also extremely pathetic. Typical Stoke-on-Trent attitude. Close minded and backward thinking.

Simcity you have put my feelings into words and a lot of pro board supporters maybe if some on here had listened and debated with other fans properly then they would have had more support

As for legal beagle spot on I asked Mo who he was and he said he was keeping his identity close to his chest even after I told him everyone knew who he was

I am going I respect you that don't that's your loss and your decision but I have to go

On a personal note the board have been unprofessional in how they conduct business and so has Mo

I wished M Simm wanted full control like Mo does I think he would have been in now

"i dont want to follow a club with no ambition"

Have to disagree with that one, yes, everybody has there own opinion and will do what they feel is right, but I for one simply cannot stop supporting the club which has been part of my life since 1969, it is part of me; I was dissapointed that the board were not overthrown at the EGM but that does not mean that I will cease to support the Vale, I don't get chance to attend very often, (only 3 games last season) due to work and financial constraints and no doubt I will attend the odd game next season, I will wear my Black & Gold scarve to show my opinions to the board (just as Man Utd fans wear the Green and Amber colours).....but I will not stop supporting............:yes:

No ambition.....when was the last time this club had ANY AMBITION we are "cash-strapped little port vale" and always will be as long as these **** are in charge!!!

Wheres the blueprint for the future? the five year plan? the professionalism, upwardly mobile get up and get em young entrepaneurs to drive this club forward, being pro-active instead of fighting fires all the time...this is what we expect from our board of directors...ambition to build the BEST football club in the division, be linked with all the top players in our league

Instead there is more ambition in clubs like Chesterfield (a club relatively the same size as us), Gillingham, Northampton, Crawley for gods sake!!!! now Oxford theres a club who has been steadily building over the last few years promotion from the conference, stabilized over last season and now they are buying good players to push on and be promotion contenders...these are the model clubs that we should be looking at to mirror them....but unfortunately we have a problem....a negative skint board with no ideas on how to move this great club of ours forward....

I despair I really do.....it could be so different if they would only LISTEN!!!!

WE DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE its broken beyond repair you will never win the support of the fans back, you have burnt your bridges, time to RETIRE gentlemen and let someone younger take over the mantle of reviving this sleeping giant towards the championship again

Blackpool, bolton, wolves, stoke,swansea and many more who we were playing league games against not that long ago have reached and stayed in the premier League...peterborough, hull, scunthorpe have achieved championship lives and stayed there, similar clubs to ourselves...with a little bit of ambition we can be one of those teams again, why not?, why not us we can BELIEVE !!!

So I say Board if you are reading this please step aside and let us do it!!!

Too true. The fact that anyone who want's change and has ambition and dares to do something about it is labelled as some kind of trouble maker or moron is also extremely pathetic. Typical Stoke-on-Trent attitude. Close minded and backward thinking.

Thats what strikes me although I live in Newcastle under Lyme it is pretty much the same attitude here. I will be exiting the area once qualified.

It struck me that somebody was puzzeld that Mo had put his quaklifications after his name. Like it was Alien.

Very close minded thinking. I almost think the locals would sumbit to a facist government easily

"i dont want to follow a club with no ambition"

Have to disagree with that one, yes, everybody has there own opinion and will do what they feel is right, but I for one simply cannot stop supporting the club which has been part of my life since 1969, it is part of me; I was dissapointed that the board were not overthrown at the EGM but that does not mean that I will cease to support the Vale, I don't get chance to attend very often, (only 3 games last season) due to work and financial constraints and no doubt I will attend the odd game next season, I will wear my Black & Gold scarve to show my opinions to the board (just as Man Utd fans wear the Green and Amber colours).....but I will not stop supporting............:yes:

Well said...

Roll on August..

Archived