onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hand washing.

For Us All

Advert

I'm sure I read somewhere that peanuts at a bar are potentially more dangerous and full of bacteria than the actual toilet at a bar. Think the amount of different germs going into them. Would never go near it. I always wash my hands, dosent exactly take up a lot of time, I see the majority of people on a night out not bothering though

Strangely enough, it is just as important to wash your hands BEFORE having a pee, according to a doctor friend - in that your hands are likely to be full of bacteria from touching lift buttons, supermarket trolleys, shaking hands, etc yet your bits that you will touch are probably free of bacteria if you showered that day.

So, you transfer the germs from your hands and possibly get a urinary infection etc - even if not, then unless you shower before having sex, the germs from your hands you have passed on to your bits are there to receive for the lucky person you choose. Nice stuff ....

Don't blame me - this is what I was told, and it seems 100 per cent logical.

But anyone who doesn't wash after a no 2 is a dirty bar steward, if I saw that I would never eat or drink anything in their house again.

Some people have the attitude a bit of dirt doesn't hurt you - well, that is true to some extent with soil or similar but definitely not with what we are talking of here, unless you fancy a nice range of alphabetic hepatitis viruses or some parasites.

Finally, a little anecdote - local little young barmaid thought it was fine to add ice to my drink by using her hands to pick the ice up and put it from the ice bowl into the glass, when I complained she said she had lost the ice handler and obviously thought I was fussy.

I pointed out she had been handling coins and she just shrugged and only when I got the manager did I get a clean fresh drink, though he was barely apologetic and made it obvious he also thought it didn't matter. Never been back to that pub, and was very pleased to see it has closed down now.:)

It is quite alarming when you are standing at the urinals having a jr and you look up into the mirror and see blokes walking straight out of the traps without washing their hands.I get quite reluctant to touch the door handles?:ohmy:

And the result (please excuse me using the daily mail, but cant be bothered to find another source) - 72 per cent of trolleys have 'faecal bacteria' which probably means those door handles will be 100 per cent coated.... lovely

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362612/Shopping-trolleys-contain-dirt-grime-average-public-toilet.html

Strangely enough, it is just as important to wash your hands BEFORE having a pee, according to a doctor friend - in that your hands are likely to be full of bacteria from touching lift buttons, supermarket trolleys, shaking hands, etc yet your bits that you will touch are probably free of bacteria if you showered that day.

So, you transfer the germs from your hands and possibly get a urinary infection etc - even if not, then unless you shower before having sex, the germs from your hands you have passed on to your bits are there to receive for the lucky person you choose. Nice stuff ....

Don't blame me - this is what I was told, and it seems 100 per cent logical.

But anyone who doesn't wash after a no 2 is a dirty bar steward, if I saw that I would never eat or drink anything in their house again.

Some people have the attitude a bit of dirt doesn't hurt you - well, that is true to some extent with soil or similar but definitely not with what we are talking of here, unless you fancy a nice range of alphabetic hepatitis viruses or some parasites.

Finally, a little anecdote - local little young barmaid thought it was fine to add ice to my drink by using her hands to pick the ice up and put it from the ice bowl into the glass, when I complained she said she had lost the ice handler and obviously thought I was fussy.

I pointed out she had been handling coins and she just shrugged and only when I got the manager did I get a clean fresh drink, though he was barely apologetic and made it obvious he also thought it didn't matter. Never been back to that pub, and was very pleased to see it has closed down now.:)

well that's one way of getting rid of unwanted guests.:laugh:

And the result (please excuse me using the daily mail, but cant be bothered to find another source) - 72 per cent of trolleys have 'faecal bacteria' which probably means those door handles will be 100 per cent coated.... lovely

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362612/Shopping-trolleys-contain-dirt-grime-average-public-toilet.html

that is why humans have an immune system.

Sadly I don't get to see ducklings much, never get the chance to handle them, but I do wash my hands after playing with / feeding / cleaning up after pets, which is something I do a lot. They also strictly have their own feeding dishes, which are washed separately from the household people dishes, something I have noticed a few other people don't bother too much about.

Life is full of traps though - the article refers to using dfisinfectant soapor sanitised soap - and this is something I would be very careful about. Many of the products sold as this contain a nasty chemical called Triclosan, which a lot of pressure is coming to ban as it has been linked to some very unpleasant things.

http://www.ewg.org/research/healthy-home-tips/tip-5-wash-those-hands-avoid-triclosan

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/29/triclosan-in-personal-care-products.aspx

So 75 per cent of us are using this dangerous product, and they say there is a nanny state - if there was, why not tell us all about things like this ? I only found out by word of mouth.

There is absolutely no benefit from using antibacterial soaps, a good basic soap that should also avoid the ingrediants SLS and anything with Parabens or ending in Glycol is much better, those other ingredients also having been linked to serious illnesses.

Archived