onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf not happy.........

blackdog

Advert

Im not obsessed with the PR, just explaining what my differences with smurfs actions are.

If we had ended up with owner/s who ran it into the ground what could you or I have done to stop it?.... did the hereford or chester fans stop it?... It wasnt fans that got rid of mold, they helped but it was lack of money .... I wont be grateful to a business man trying to make money.... I appreciate value for money, if I dont get it I dont spend it.... I have had great pleasure and great disappointment watching vale over the years if it wasnt there I would miss it... but move on with my memories.

Perhaps I dont consider the end of the world rests in vale succeeding or failing

I never suggested it was the end of the world and over dramatising won't detract from my argument that we should be grateful because we are incredibly lucky. However you look at it Smurf is taking a proactive, hands on approach to the club by making us more sustainable. Just because people might not like what he says does not always make them "gaffs". In my game we are trained to manage client expectations and that's what Smurf is doing with his customer base. The whole "Tom Pope's wages" issue says to me, we won't be held to ransom or bend over backwards for players. It's a shot across the bow of agents and players getting greedy.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Popey isn't going anywhere and if he doesn't leave this transfer window then I think it's nailed on he's staying

So you do not feel grateful that you still have a club to support, that the person who bought it has invested money to try and improve it, that we now an immediate future and, despite his short comings, we have a chairman who shows plenty of passion. Yes it was a business deal but I am grateful that Smurf chose to make that deal because if he didn't there was the chance we would actually be out of business now. What were the alternatives??

You have benefited from the deal because you have a club to support. You have a choice about attending a football match, that choice may not have been there if Smurf had not bought the club. I am grateful for Smurf for giving me that choice every weekend.

I dont have a club... I have a club to support but if it wasnt there I would accept that.... I may benefit from what he has done but he hasnt done it for me, I appreciate what he has done but I dont see a need to be grateful

I never suggested it was the end of the world and over dramatising won't detract from my argument that we should be grateful because we are incredibly lucky. However you look at it Smurf is taking a proactive, hands on approach to the club by making us more sustainable. Just because people might not like what he says does not always make them "gaffs". In my game we are trained to manage client expectations and that's what Smurf is doing with his customer base. The whole "Tom Pope's wages" issue says to me, we won't be held to ransom or bend over backwards for players. It's a shot across the bow of agents and players getting greedy.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Popey isn't going anywhere and if he doesn't leave this transfer window then I think it's nailed on he's staying

I dont disagree with his approach to all things... the living within the budget for example is a sound business decision and could benefit the club long term... I can understand the frustration of fewer people than expected turning up... I can understand the anger at the turnstile fiasco... I cant however fathom why he said, repeatedly and publicly, that adams had a contract or why he publicly stated "you can have a refund but it will damage the club" or similar... [and others]... my expectations of vale are quite low [ive been supporting them for years] open your mouth by all means but dont put your foot in it.... say what you want but only let the people who need to know hear it.

I appreciate what he has dont and what I think he is trying to do ..... but grateful?.... I just dont see it

So you do not feel grateful that you still have a club to support, that the person who bought it has invested money to try and improve it, that we now an immediate future and, despite his short comings, we have a chairman who shows plenty of passion. Yes it was a business deal but I am grateful that Smurf chose to make that deal because if he didn't there was the chance we would actually be out of business now. What were the alternatives??

You have benefited from the deal because you have a club to support. You have a choice about attending a football match, that choice may not have been there if Smurf had not bought the club. I am grateful for Smurf for giving me that choice every weekend.

Good post.

#InSmurfwetrust

I dont have a club... I have a club to support but if it wasnt there I would accept that.... I may benefit from what he has done but he hasnt done it for me, I appreciate what he has done but I dont see a need to be grateful

The NHS Wasn't set up for me either, but when my grandson was born and was critically ill I was grateful it was there. So if I benefit from something that wasn't done originally on my behalf it doesn't mean I can't be grateful.

The NHS Wasn't set up for me either, but when my grandson was born and was critically ill I was grateful it was there. So if I benefit from something that wasn't done originally on my behalf it doesn't mean I can't be grateful.

The NHS wasn't set up explicitly for you, although it was set up for your benefit and the benefit of everyone in Britain. NS has taken on the Vale to run as a business in the expectation that he believes he can eventually make money from it, not as a philanthropist. I think that is the point Geo is making.

Pure and simple, some people preferred it when we had the bratt pack in charge so they had something worthwhile to moan about. Smurf just needs to ignore the minority who criticise because he'd be fighting a lost battle.

I look forward to the day when Geosname makes a positive comment about the club.

I struggle a little with this "people should be grateful smurf bought the club"..... why?

If he bought it for altruistic reasons perhaps, but he bought it as a business, pure and simple, he had no affection or long standing connection with it, just simple financial gain. Nothing wrong with that at all, people do it all the time, its called business and as with most new business acquisitions if its losing money the owner makes changes and probably investments to arrest the losses... it seems a natural course of events in the circumstances.... so why should I be grateful to a businessman doing what a businessman does for the sake of his business and his money?

There is a possible, tenuous in my opinion, link because I benefit in some way, perhaps but I have to pay between £20+ and £100+ to get that benefit so what exactly should I be grateful for?

My main points of disagreements about smurfs running of the club are based around PR. Its comparative to finding a stray dog, paying a fortune in vets bills to save it then giving it a kick to make it get up or keep it down [i think]... sometimes its not what he says but the way he says it and sometimes its because he says things he need not say at all.

Of course smurf can say whatever he wants, just like Matt Barrett did, its his business, its his money and I would defend his right to do it even though I disagree with what he says and even if its a Gerald Ratner.

It still gives us a club that we can support.It still gives us a team to go on watch play football.It still gives us a chance to meet up with like minded people,mate's

Im not obsessed with the PR, just explaining what my differences with smurfs actions are.

If we had ended up with owner/s who ran it into the ground what could you or I have done to stop it?.... did the hereford or chester fans stop it?... It wasnt fans that got rid of mold, they helped but it was lack of money .... I wont be grateful to a business man trying to make money.... I appreciate value for money, if I dont get it I dont spend it.... I have had great pleasure and great disappointment watching vale over the years if it wasnt there I would miss it... but move on with my memories.

Perhaps I dont consider the end of the world rests in vale succeeding or failing

MOLD were running the club into the ground.What did the fans do then?

Archived