onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lines v Dodds

tonyh

Advert

How id finish this debate,if both were up for sale/released,id pretty much gurantee,lines would have alot of good clubs after him,and id say possibly championship ones as well.

Where were these clubs, when he was available last summer?

Seriously baffled as to how people think dodds is a better player. Starting with the first post saying dodds was a better passer, can't be bothered to read all the pages. Its bizarre.

You must have missed the sublime through balls he played in the last home game.

Rob Page will decide tomorrow. If he opts for Lines, I'll bow to his better judgement. If he opts for Dodds, I look forward to reading your post criticizing his "bizarre" team selection:D

By-the-way, Lines has played 56 games and scored 3 league goals. Yes, THREE.

Rob Page will decide tomorrow. If he opts for Lines, I'll bow to his better judgement. If he opts for Dodds, I look forward to reading your post criticizing his "bizarre" team selection:D

This is just ridiculous. Dodds a player who couldn't make the starting 11 is not a better player than lines who is clearly one of our best players!! That's me done on this thread embarrassing.

Hi team selections usually bizarre because williamson is a central part of it. Lines and odds are however, obviously different types of player. Using goals scored as the measure, when lines is usually played further back than dodds is pointless. And id agree that a lot of factors come in to play when picking a team. However, lines is by far a better player. To be honest, i missed the sublime through balls as i hadn't noticed he was playing until the subs were due. I also heard he played really well at fleetwood a few years ago too.

All players contribute to the game in different ways, as do Dodds and Lines, so Rob page selects the team according to his intended system and as to which other players that are selected.

Rob knows best and I support whichever team plays whether I with my limited knowledge agree with his selection, or not.

Sorry OS but your point flues in the face of the facts. If he was as good as you believe, he'd have been a regular starter or he'd have been picked up by some one else.

You suggest that he does well in the short time he gets on the pitch- there's a reason for that!

The Pope thing I sort of get but the Dodds obsession is bizarre

you only "sort of get" why people rate tom pope?

Heads gone

Hi team selections usually bizarre because williamson is a central part of it. Lines and odds are however, obviously different types of player. Using goals scored as the measure, when lines is usually played further back than dodds is pointless. And id agree that a lot of factors come in to play when picking a team. However, lines is by far a better player. To be honest, i missed the sublime through balls as i hadn't noticed he was playing until the subs were due. I also heard he played really well at fleetwood a few years ago too.
Andy I fear that your bias against Louis Dodds could be affecting your eye sight. Dodds had a decent game against Sheff Utd but don't let that fact get in the way of your blinkered vision.

This is just ridiculous. Dodds a player who couldn't make the starting 11 is not a better player than lines who is clearly one of our best players!! That's me done on this thread embarrassing.

How is he 'clearly one of our best players'?

Everyone who is sticking up for lines just seems to say 'Lines is clearly better' without any kind of fact or even opinion to back it up.

Similarly, arguments against Dodds are in the same vain.

Both are good players. Both are very inconsistent.

Interesting realities in today's game. Dodds yet again justified his selection, by far our most threatening and creative player, and deservedly gets the sponsors MoTM. Lines continued to give the ball away and waste good the ball in good positions. No doubt the Dodds haters will have seen it differently!

Archived