onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 14/15 (Not just Liverpool talk)

TylerB

Just to put you clearly in the picture Beechy

Last 10 league games

City P 10 W 8 D 2 L0

Dippers P10 W3 D3 L4.

And you don't rate Pelligrini?

Nurse,there's one loose!!

So you picked out the last 10 games where City have come into form? They just about scraped past the group stages in the Champions League after falling at the first hurdle last season, and with the squad that they have it's criminal that they drop points at home to sides like Burnley when 2-0 up. Just go take a look at any City forum and you'll see a lot of fans are not convinced about Pelligrini and never have been since he came to the club. But as always, I suppose you know best, eh?

Advert

Danny Ings for £8m would be a far better proposition.

No he wouldn't.

Berahino has far more potential and has buckets of pace, so would fit into Rodgers' philosophy and way of playing. That's not to say he's worth that kind of money, certainly not yet, but Ings is a Championship forward.

;)

So you picked out the last 10 games where City have come into form? They just about scraped past the group stages in the Champions League after falling at the first hurdle last season, and with the squad that they have it's criminal that they drop points at home to sides like Burnley when 2-0 up. Just go take a look at any City forum and you'll see a lot of fans are not convinced about Pelligrini and never have been since he came to the club. But as always, I suppose you know best, eh?

City have,at this stage,2 more points than last season plus the 'scraping' through in the CL included beating Bayern and Roma.City ,under Pellegrini,won the league and league cup last season and that was in his first season in The Premiership.If City fans ,on their forum ,are not happy then God help them.They must be as clueless as you and Brendan.Happy Bindipping for 2015 Beechy,you might find a discarded trophy that has found its way from Manchester.;)

You will always find some fans moaning about their manager, but the vast majority of City fans are rather pleased with 8 wins and 2 draws in 10 games.

I think it is pretty reasonable to pick the last 10 games to discuss form, what do you suggest - that he picks alternate games and misses out ones where the opposition are in the bottom six or something like that ?

Liverpool do seem to be playing a bit better but your constant 'nearly won the league' comments and 'City just scraped through' don't do your argument any favours when you look at the abject failure of your favourite boys in the Champions League in a group where second place and qualification was there for the taking.

There are other teams in the Prem though, and its nice to see West Ham slipping to mid table, or lower hopefully. Arsenal have under-performed so far and should really be a good bet for 4th place, if there is any justice. They can be a joy to watch though frustrating sometimes.

The relegation fight is far more interesting than the top where the 4 place are virtually decided -I think Leicester could revive and Burnley have just shown they are not cannon fodder, so nobody is certain to go down.

You will always find some fans moaning about their manager, but the vast majority of City fans are rather pleased with 8 wins and 2 draws in 10 games.

I think it is pretty reasonable to pick the last 10 games to discuss form, what do you suggest - that he picks alternate games and misses out ones where the opposition are in the bottom six or something like that ?

Liverpool do seem to be playing a bit better but your constant 'nearly won the league' comments and 'City just scraped through' don't do your argument any favours when you look at the abject failure of your favourite boys in the Champions League in a group where second place and qualification was there for the taking.

There are other teams in the Prem though, and its nice to see West Ham slipping to mid table, or lower hopefully. Arsenal have under-performed so far and should really be a good bet for 4th place, if there is any justice. They can be a joy to watch though frustrating sometimes.

The relegation fight is far more interesting than the top where the 4 place are virtually decided -I think Leicester could revive and Burnley have just shown they are not cannon fodder, so nobody is certain to go down.

The difference between City and Liverpool being of course is that the Net spend is worlds apart. With the squad they have City shouldn't be dropping points at home to the likes of Burnley and just about scraping through the group stages of the Champions League, where they'll no doubt go out in the next round.

No he wouldn't.

Berahino has far more potential and has buckets of pace, so would fit into Rodgers' philosophy and way of playing. That's not to say he's worth that kind of money, certainly not yet, but Ings is a Championship forward.

I disagree,both players have loads of potential but Berahino can't even get into West Broms starting eleven at present which say a lot and I question his off-field behaviour compared to a Ings.Rodgers has enough on his plate with Balotelli without taking on another problem child..Ings for me is far better value for money.

The difference between City and Liverpool being of course is that the Net spend is worlds apart. With the squad they have City shouldn't be dropping points at home to the likes of Burnley and just about scraping through the group stages of the Champions League, where they'll no doubt go out in the next round.

Yes,spot on Beechy.

2014/15

City Net Spend - 32m

Dippers Net Spend 36m.

Didn't Basel (basle?) Fawlty once referred to getting Sybil on Mastermind answering questions on 'stating the painfully bleeeedin obvious' and I think you are guilty of the same.

Of course, Port Vale, Crewe, Hartlepool and even Shortwood Utd would also expect to do well with a net spend the size of Manchester City's but Liverpool have hardly kept their purses zipped this year.

Burnley happened to play superbly at City and anyone who judges a team on a single game, where they didn't even lose, is taking a decidedly short-term and rather silly view. Every team that tops a table every season has the odd game or two where either they slightly underperform, or their opponents raise their game, or the decisions go against them, or a combination of all three.

Regardless of whether City lose in the next round of the Champions League, which is not certain at all just because you sprout up that there is no doubt, they still did not fail spectacularly like a certain other English club who were quite frankly a disgraceful let-down in their group, the ony scraping being done there being the bottom of the barrel.

By the way, I don't think there can be any doubt now that you think much more of Liverpool than Vale. I agree with the poster who couldn't believe that you posted with such insight and vision on Vale matters but spewed forth such nonsense about the Merseydregs. Your reply that the Liverpool stuff was from the heart or something similar tells all.

I like to think I can take my red and white blinkers off when necessary, you wouldn't give Stoke a seconds credit whatever they did. Keep banging the drum though, haven't seen your post about Papa Cisse this morning yet either......

I've not seen the Cisse incident so can't comment. However, I think it's a disgrace that Sterling hasn't been punished for making contact with someone in the face in yesterday's game.

Liverpool fan in "hard done to" and cant see the wood for the trees shocker. One reason i can't stand liverpool is their fans and the why always me stance they always take.

A perfect summary of why Liverpool get up peoples noses like a septic snotrocket. But don't forget to add in the fact that they think they are interesting and will bore you senseless for hours about their formations, managers, players, vampires, etc etc and even invite criticism as it allows more discussion.

The worlds worst attention seekers, no contest.

I've not seen the Cisse incident so can't comment. However, I think it's a disgrace that Sterling hasn't been punished for making contact with someone in the face in yesterday's game.

Spot on.

Jonjo Shelvey looks like getting a 3/4 game ban but nobody saw the Sterling incident for some strange reason.

The liner was about a foot away staring at the Sterling?

Yes,spot on Beechy.

2014/15

City Net Spend - 32m

Dippers Net Spend 36m.

Yes, but don't forget City must be rubbish according to Beechy because they dropped points in a 2-2 draw to 'the likes of Burnley'.

Only one team below Burnley, didn't they draw 2-2 today away to some rubbish as well ? :laugh:

Archived