onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Optimism

upthevale

I know I am going to get shot down for thinking this.

Given the size of our squad and the eve unceasing confidence, I honestly beleive we could head towards the playoffs.

Squad size becomes very important during the winter months and we are in the right place due to our Smurf.

Ok, everyone shoot me down, but for me the glass is half full 😁

Advert

I know I am going to get shot down for thinking this.

Given the size of our squad and the eve unceasing confidence, I honestly beleive we could head towards the playoffs.

Squad size becomes very important during the winter months and we are in the right place due to our Smurf.

Ok, everyone shoot me down, but for me the glass is half full 😁

I thought positive threads were banned on this site?

Totally agree. Things are looking good ATM.we may only be in 13th but confidence seems to be high and they all deserve a pat on the back IMO.there's no reason why we couldn't sneak into the playoffs this season.

Nothing wrong with mid table League 1 for the moment.Obviously I ,like everyone else,would like to see us in the Championship again.The club needed to go in a new direction.It now has ,no more Adams.I'm happy to see us building for the future with NS and RP The Championship can wait a while.( but not too long).

Looking at the stats and were only 4 points off last year at the same time, with a far better squad this time round and the league being so close and very average there is no reason why we can't keep pushing up the table. Everyone should be optimistic at the minute 7 from 9 with winnable games coming up. Alls we need now is for everyone to get down vale and back the lads who have improved so much since the start of the season.

There's nothing stopping us reaching those heights besides ourselves. A balance of belief, optimism and realism. I'm positive we can get a good run going, but should we lose a game, let's not get too negative, hey? Dust ourselves down after a defeat or a poor performance, and aim to put that right with the next match. We are obviously going to come up against teams that are simply better than us, or those that perform better than us on the day. That's league football for you. We need to all stand together. No bickering. No blasting the Chairman over certain decisions or things he says. Gone are the days of the PVFC where we are all at war with one another over several issues. We fall as one. We rise as one. I don't want us to go back to those dark days. We all love the Vale. We all have our own views and opinions, but let's keep the debates reasonable and constructive.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. I love the FA Cup. I want us to progress. Not just because of the financial reward, and possible bigger financial reward the further we go through, but because it'll keep that winning mentality going, keep the confidence of the lads rising by the day, and we can use the momentum of a Cup win as we head into a tricky set of league fixtures this month. I don't get this 'The league is more important. Not bothered about the Cup' sort of mentality at all. I want us to win every single game we play, no matter the competition. If we head into this game with such a defeatist attitude, then MK Dons are already one step ahead. We should enter this game with the mindset that we are going all out to get that win and place in the hat for the Second Round, and nothing less. We don't want a replay (even if there is a very small financial gain) because we don't want the extra game. I want us to have a successful Cup run. Similar to last season. However, this time around, I want us to be rewarded handsomely, as opposed to the poor home tie that we got against Brighton & Hove Albion in the Fourth Round.

So, let's get down to VP on Saturday, take advantage of the lower admission prices, get a good atmosphere going to show Page and the lads that we are well and truly behind them and become the 12th man. Let's roar the lads on and make it a difficult afternoon for the visitors, instead of the usual 5 minutes of cheering and clapping, followed by 85% of supporters sitting down and creating no atmosphere whatsoever. We are unbeaten in our last 4 home games (W3, D1), so let's extend that record and make VP the fortress it can be. I want opposition fans coming to VP thinking 'Vale are a cracking side at home, I'd take a point'. I don't want them turning up thinking 'We should be looking to win this' because we haven't built on that recent run and aren't dictating play on our own patch.

:b&g:

Rather be mid table at the moment and then mount a run after Christmas. Always thought our squad this year would be play offs.

With the additions we have and will probably get as well with Smurf having a bit of a dabble in the markets, we wont suffer to much during the Christmas period. Having a bigger squad will allow fringe players to step in and push for regular places.

Archived