onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

DLT verdict

JOHNNYAITCH

As regards to dlt, I sort of agree.

Not with the suspended sentence.he should be punished.not sure how myself but how will prison punish a man that will come out after a year or two and carry on with his life?now if the British justice system actually provided justice and locked sickos like that up for the rest of their days then my opinion would be different.

Maybe taking his entire riches away might go some way to appease his actions.

As regards to the dogs, I do agree.them dogs suffered severely and the perpetrator should suffer just as much.and at this point, if it was him behind it, well done to Mario balottelli for stumping up a large amount of cash for the dogs home.that's something to be proud of young man.

Advert

Davidtapreston has just stated that he thinks someone who has witnessed a dog's home on fire has suffered far more than a victim of sexual abuse. Be funny if it wasn't such an offensive, disgusting and borderline misogynous thing to say.

Yeah I don't agree with that bit.the dogs suffered.agreed that the staff would suffer to some degree, but its a different kind of stress.IMO a loss ( the dogs) is not the same as being sexually assaulted.

What happened to those poor dogs doesn't make what happened to the poor woman any less serious and vice versa. It doesn't mean she is more likely to get over it, just as just because they were dogs doesn't make it any less a disgusting crime. It's a ridiculous argument, and both are totally irrelevant to each other. Both were crimes that need to be punished.

I do prefer dogs to people though. :)

JA- that's true of post 1, but after a neutral post no 2 by myself, you waded in on post no 3 and demanded prison - Id call that an opinion.

"Waded in"? You eman expressed my opinion..just like you have weho has turned this form being about DLT to being about the H's?

Have a look back in case your memory is playing tricks. No problem with you having an opinion, just don't lie about it in the quote above

So you get it wrong with your claims regarding how I opened the thread, I respond with the truth and I am a liar? How does that work?

I only connected you with Hobgob because you both seem to enjoy arguing and dismissing others opinions without reasons, more so his Hobbiness who thinks by saying 'That's just laughable' or silly childish insults later followed by 'Oh I didn't mean it'.

Really, I don't give reasons?

You can have the floor on this, (and certainly on that waterworld rubbish thread)

I really don't get that..I have no control what so ever over what anyone posts or who has the floor

You dismiss the waterworld thread as rubbish without giving a reason but it's me who is apparently guilty of such behaviour. How does that work?

I feel a bit annoyed at myself for wasting time on it when it is actually fairly trivial compared to what else goes on - the violence that leaves lasting physical injuries, rapes that don't get to court etc) - but you seem to be expert on all this with over 20 posts on that waterworld thread including 5 in a row at one point.

And the problem with that is?

I claim no expertise just heartfelt passionate opinions on the matter (and many others).

But how Mr H can compare what was a nasty slimy but short incident that a grown and later to become very successful and accomplished woman (Ive since found out who it is, and she is certainly doesn't appear to be lacking in confidence to a lot of people!) that did not result in any physical injury, how you can say that is worse than mass murder of animals that were burned alive - well, I find that warped.

I would not call it warped but for me what happened to the dogs is worse

Animals have rights and feelings too, and did it ever occur to your one-tracked blinkered little mind Mr H that some of the people involved in the Manchester dogs home case may be suffering far more psychological damage than DLTs victim ever did.

Which mr H was that aimed at?

For the record I've not said that what happened to the woman at Waterworld was worse, only that none of us are in a position to judge the effect on her. Indeed some people involved in the dogs home issue may well be suffering more than her..that's no reason to dismiss what happened to her

Some of them will be women too.

I expect so

So carry on enjoying your arguments on thread after thread, playing judge and jury and telling us who deserves what punishment, but I wont get drawn into your reindeer games again.

Is that aimed at me? I'm not sure

Pity, the more involved the the better but up to you.

An observation. DLT had over 12 million listeners in his peak but have you ever met or heard of anyone who likes him ?

There was nowhere near as many stations in those day well there was Radio 1 for music and that was about it so those figures look more impressive than they actually are.

12 different women came forward independently of each other. Law of averages

"Waded in"? You eman expressed my opinion..just like you have weho has turned this form being about DLT to being about the H's?

So you get it wrong with your claims regarding how I opened the thread, I respond with the truth and I am a liar? How does that work?

Really, I don't give reasons?

I really don't get that..I have no control what so ever over what anyone posts or who has the floor

You dismiss the waterworld thread as rubbish without giving a reason but it's me who is apparently guilty of such behaviour. How does that work?

And the problem with that is?

I claim no expertise just heartfelt passionate opinions on the matter (and many others).

I would not call it warped but for me what happened to the dogs is worse

Which mr H was that aimed at?

For the record I've not said that what happened to the woman at Waterworld was worse, only that none of us are in a position to judge the effect on her. Indeed some people involved in the dogs home issue may well be suffering more than her..that's no reason to dismiss what happened to her

I expect so

Is that aimed at me? I'm not sure

Pity, the more involved the the better but up to you.

For the record, the point where you said which mr H is that aimed at as Hobblesworth, as I would have put JA if referring to yourself. On reflection, I was wrong to make replies to more than one person at a time, as I can see now you don't both automatically agree on all points and make an apology for that. I've never been afraid to admit when I am in the wrong.

I do however stand by all the other points, 100 per cent on the dogs stuff which was not introduced into this post by myself.

I will say that from more detailed reading of the case (which doesn't interest me, and is far less imprortant than about 100 other things that should occupy the news - Syria, Ukraine, climate change, Tesco scandal, Catalan independence, Labour conference, Gaza and many more - those are not in order of priority by the way) - but it seems that although a very unpleasant incident, that was an indecent assault, that is a bit different from Mr Hob continually calling it a sexual assault. To spell it out, a 15-second grope of the womans boobs - whilst pretty unpleasant and possibly a little frightening, but not in an isolated place and fully clothed in the middle of the day - is hardly Jimmy Savile territory.

Yes I feel sorry for her, but that idiot Hobnob saying it is 'borderline mysoginist' is just Goebbels-speak, and deep down I don't think he gives a flying **** about this woman as long as he scores points on here.

OK, that really is it from me on this one unless someone asks me a specific question like Twiggy did, who seems to be a genuinely ok poster but taken in by Hobbo's propaganda and I wonder if he/she has read the details of the case.

For the record, the point where you said which mr H is that aimed at as Hobblesworth, as I would have put JA if referring to yourself.

Thanks..I call him Mr Hobnob..I get called all sorts of things :)

On reflection, I was wrong to make replies to more than one person at a time, as I can see now you don't both automatically agree on all points and make an apology for that.

Is OK

I've never been afraid to admit when I am in the wrong.

never easy

I do however stand by all the other points, 100 per cent on the dogs stuff which was not introduced into this post by myself.

It's a good thing...nowt wrong with being passionate about something and having strong opinions

I will say that from more detailed reading of the case (which doesn't interest me, and is far less imprortant than about 100 other things that should occupy the news - Syria, Ukraine, climate change, Tesco scandal, Catalan independence, Labour conference, Gaza and many more - those are not in order of priority by the way) - but it seems that although a very unpleasant incident, that was an indecent assault, that is a bit different from Mr Hob continually calling it a sexual assault. To spell it out, a 15-second grope of the womans boobs - whilst pretty unpleasant and possibly a little frightening, but not in an isolated place and fully clothed in the middle of the day - is hardly Jimmy Savile territory.

I don't think anyone has claimed that it is Jimmy Savile territory

Yes I feel sorry for her, but that idiot Hobnob saying it is 'borderline mysoginist' is just Goebbels-speak, and deep down I don't think he gives a flying **** about this woman as long as he scores points on here.

I'll leave him to answer that but what's with the Nazi references again?

OK, that really is it from me on this one unless someone asks me a specific question like Twiggy did, who seems to be a genuinely ok poster but taken in by Hobbo's propaganda and I wonder if he/she has read the details of the case.

You had to finish with a dig at Twiggy..sigh

;)

He's obsessed with the nazis! A really peculiar man. I thought he'd flounced but at least he's come back to speak for the woman in question and talk down the offence committed upon her again, the fudging, misogynous, hypocritical twit. He states that on other threads I "posted endlessly" (when I actually made 2 comments), yet then goes on to say "I will say that from more detailed reading of the case (which doesn't interest me).", and then riddles the thread with his bizarre hysterical shrieking.

Also, for what it's worth, I didn't bring up the MDH fire. I did state "Shame you're not as well disposed towards women as you are to dogs" as his offensive and ignorant comments regarding the assault on the woman contrasted quite markedly with his laughable attitude towards the frizzled hounds. He was the one who made the ludicrous comments comparing the 2 incidents ("but this crime, though not trivial, pales into insignificance against the suffering and helplessness involved in the mass murder of 'a few dozen dogs' ") and the suffering of an onlooker at that fire to an assaulted woman. If he has any women close to him, I'm sure that he would quickly change his foul little attitude in the event of them being assaulted.

As for the comment that "deep down I don't think he gives a flying **** about this woman as long as he scores points on here" is utterly wrong. I have spent many years working with women who have been deeply effected by assaults such as this. He may try and diminish the impact but I suspect he doesn't know what the **** he is talking about.

Who cares what it costs; not a factor in any way for me.

I take the point that DLT's crime isn't right up there with Savile's but for me it warrants prison..even if it's 'only' a relatively short sentence...a month maybe. Justice must be done and be seen to be done

Sounds like Billy Graham's started posting on OVF!

Having seen what other people get away with at times, I think imprisonment would be way over the top for this. Justice would be 'seen to be done' by a Community Service Order or a Suspended sentence.

He's obsessed with the nazis! A really peculiar man. I thought he'd flounced but at least he's come back to speak for the woman in question and talk down the offence committed upon her again, the fudging, misogynous, hypocritical twit. He states that on other threads I "posted endlessly" (when I actually made 2 comments), yet then goes on to say "I will say that from more detailed reading of the case (which doesn't interest me).", and then riddles the thread with his bizarre hysterical shrieking.

Also, for what it's worth, I didn't bring up the MDH fire. I did state "Shame you're not as well disposed towards women as you are to dogs" as his offensive and ignorant comments regarding the assault on the woman contrasted quite markedly with his laughable attitude towards the frizzled hounds. He was the one who made the ludicrous comments comparing the 2 incidents ("but this crime, though not trivial, pales into insignificance against the suffering and helplessness involved in the mass murder of 'a few dozen dogs' ") and the suffering of an onlooker at that fire to an assaulted woman. If he has any women close to him, I'm sure that he would quickly change his foul little attitude in the event of them being assaulted.

As for the comment that "deep down I don't think he gives a flying **** about this woman as long as he scores points on here" is utterly wrong. I have spent many years working with women who have been deeply effected by assaults such as this. He may try and diminish the impact but I suspect he doesn't know what the **** he is talking about.

Not only personally obnoxious but makes totally wrong assumptions about things that really are none of his business, which crosses a line. I shouldn't have to reveal personal information to such a *******, that I have indeed been unfortunate to have a close female loved one suffer a physical attack with physical damage that took a long time to heal. Really none of your business so don't make ill-informed pathetic guesses.

The weakness of your arguments is highlighted by the continual personal slurs, and really from someone who posted 2 hormonally-challenged posts on the waterworld thread full of highlighted capitals, big fonts and suchlike,,,,, a bit strange to refer to my on posts as 'bizarre hysterical shreiking'. The old saying 'methinks the lady protests too much' comes to mind.

Pet owners on here will see you for what you are with your evil, filthy 'frizzled hounds' remark.

Also, it must be very sad indeed to be ignorant in both meanings of the word:-

https://www.englishforums.com/English/AffectedEffected/gqmb/post.htm

Who on earth is DLT?

A second rate UK television and BBC radio deejay/presenter best known for presenting the Top of the Pops programme (Top 30 chart) in the 1970s when deejays like him, Tony Blackburn, Jimmy Savile, Noel Edmonds enjoyed similar status and idolisation as the pop acts they introduced.

He was recently one of many so-called celebrities charged with various things, after hundreds of victims came forward after the terrible revelations about Jimmy Savile, who died some time ago

Dave Lee Travis (DLT), now a 69-year-old but still well known in the UK, famous for his big beard, faced a number of charges and was found not guilty of most of them, which mainly related to groping or assaulting various women, but 2 or 3 charges had to be re-tried and he was found guilty of one - indecent assault and awaits sentence.

I think it is fair to say there is great division of opinion about whether he should go to prison for this assault, or whether it is not that serious and he is being vilified because of the Savile case. The tabloid press have had a field day with it - the tabloid sleazesheet The Sun had the headline 'Hairy Cornflake faces Porridge' - a reference to Travis' nickname today in one of their not so good pun headlines.

Much more available to read online, the details of the case are quite interesting.

Without getting too involved in the slanging match on here, I will say that I do agree with David that the animal deaths and awful suffering at the Manchester dogs home tragedy is of far more consequence than this case, which has only been in the spotlight because of the celebrity connection.

I totally support the efforts of those who are helping animals and find Mr Hobblesworth reference to frazzled hounds repulsive - David in Preston can obviously look after himself here as he has made Mr Hobblesworth look a bullying fool but the offensive personal attacks (saying things like flouncing and bizarre hysterical shrieking) on DAP in post 25 below are very unwelcome from someone who is such a consistently over-emotional loonbucket in his own posts.

The dogs issue and the odious comparison should never have been imported into this thread but Mr Hobblesworth did so in post 7.

Personally I think it would be best to close the thread now as nothing much of interest to the DLT case can be added until he is either fined or locked away and the dogs home issue should be debated elsewhere, just my opinion.

Archived