onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat, 16th Aug. 2014. Doncaster Rovers v Port Vale, Pre-match, Match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Dave, it's only a new ground for part-timers and 100 is a fair bit less than 700-800! You should watch what you're drinking youth!

Could he possibly just mean that maybe 100 or so extra fans go as it's a new ground (it isn't) meaning he thinks it could be 800-900. Now who's been at the sherry?

I will be going as it is a new ground for me. I don't go to every away game but this one appeals to me. Sure I won't be the only one.

If we employ the same tactics, if indeed there were any, against Walsall, we will get battered.

We could get battered anyway - I think there's more of a gulf between L1 and Championship than many would like to admit...which may be one of the reasons Smurf didn't want to throw money away trying to get promotion, when we clearly weren't ready? I thought Wolves were by far the strongest team last season, and proved what I've just said...and I also thought Donny were unlucky last season!

Hi people. Donny fan in peace, in answer to a few of your questions, yes you can pay on the day but not on the gate, there's a ticket office for away fans near the away end, and they're the same price on the day.

Parking. Don't use the club car parks. They're more expensive than around and about and a nightmare at FT. Also, be careful parking on grass verges etc as traffic wardens stay in hiding until all fans are inside, then start producing tickets. Most businesses nearby offer parking for 3-4 quid, use DN4 5NE for your sat-navs, it's the Royal Mail sorting office, you can't park there, but there's plenty of businesses either side that offer parking (£3).

Pubs. The Belle View bar at the ground welcomes away fans, but gets VERY busy. There's a Beefeater Pub nearby that's decent for food and drinks, but again this can get very busy and the food is expensive. The town centre is obviously a good option, especially for those arriving by train, loads of pubs and bars. Grab a taxi to the ground for about a fiver, or it's a 15-20 minute walk.

Hope all this helps. and if you need anymore help I'm more than happy to, if I can.

Up The Rovers

Hi people. Donny fan in peace, in answer to a few of your questions, yes you can pay on the day but not on the gate, there's a ticket office for away fans near the away end, and they're the same price on the day.

Parking. Don't use the club car parks. They're more expensive than around and about and a nightmare at FT. Also, be careful parking on grass verges etc as traffic wardens stay in hiding until all fans are inside, then start producing tickets. Most businesses nearby offer parking for 3-4 quid, use DN4 5NE for your sat-navs, it's the Royal Mail sorting office, you can't park there, but there's plenty of businesses either side that offer parking (£3).

Pubs. The Belle View bar at the ground welcomes away fans, but gets VERY busy. There's a Beefeater Pub nearby that's decent for food and drinks, but again this can get very busy and the food is expensive. The town centre is obviously a good option, especially for those arriving by train, loads of pubs and bars. Grab a taxi to the ground for about a fiver, or it's a 15-20 minute walk.

Hope all this helps. and if you need anymore help I'm more than happy to, if I can.

Up The Rovers

Thanks very much for your efforts and info, will be very useful. You obviously start as favourites, but football is a funny old game. Enjoy the day.

Does anyone know where to park for the Doncaster game?

I am aware of the fact that it is on some sort of retail park but would appreciate any info or even a postcode so I can Googlemap it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I always use his site for information on away grounds http://www.footballgroundguide.com/ I find it very accurate. Hope that this helps

Archived