onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Possible legal challenge confirmed

Jacko51

Those purchasing season tickets at a guess:unsure:

Oh the irony! That would be money well spent then wouldn't it. Surely nobody would be daft enough to assume that the money they spent on an 'early bird' season ticket would go towards Mick's promotion push?

Advert

We must be very careful here. By all means turn up BUT THERE MUST BE NO TROUBLE, THREATS ETC. IMO if Bratt gets half a chance he will abort the GM and by the time it could be rearranged he will have issued 24.9% to the Americans - the Board will then have 53%+ and we will never be able to remove them. This is our 1 and only chance - we mustn't mess it up!!

That's fair enough:yes:

No body has said anything about smashing the place up stick to facts no scaremongering.Everyone as a fan has the right to peaceful protest which the vast majority have stuck to.

The point is that it is not going to be. There are people organising it and others who have posted saying that they will "hit someone" if they (V2001) "pull a stunt".

Sorry but this has all the hall marks of trouble. Other protests have been far from 100% whiter than white and its the people that latch on that can be the problem. I can see it happening and the anger on this site is clear for anyone to read.

Yes I do if all is above board and fair. It would have been better if RW had actually cast his own vote and showed what he thought - after all he has that obligation as a shareholder to make a decision and not just pass it off to a group, who may or may not represent all the supporters.

Mark, he HAS made a decision, and HE has decided to give his proxy to the supporters club, IF the majority of the supporters wanted the board to stay, then that is what the vote would be used for. As the majority of supporters who turned up at the meeting, seem to want the board to go, then i would imagine that true to RW wishes, his proxy will be used to vote the board out. It is not rocket science to see that, or are you really that deluded?

Yes I do if all is above board and fair. It would have been better if RW had actually cast his own vote and showed what he thought - after all he has that obligation as a shareholder to make a decision and not just pass it off to a group, who may or may not represent all the supporters.

Thanks Markymark,

I reality all RW has done is neutralise the 28% head start the board have in any vote thus allowing the other 900 plus shareholders to vote. 6 votes have been removed to allow true democracy for the other 900 plus.

Regards

The point is that it is not going to be. There are people organising it and others who have posted saying that they will "hit someone" if they (V2001) "pull a stunt".

Sorry but this has all the hall marks of trouble. Other protests have been far from 100% whiter than white and its the people that latch on that can be the problem. I can see it happening and the anger on this site is clear for anyone to read.

The only person i know who physically threatened anyone is Glenn Oliver, Director PVFC.

P:S: Did you go to the weekend meeting.??

I have never posted on here before, but feel I have to reply to Markymark`s comments. I have attended every demo since they began, and I can assure anyone that I do not go to smash anywhere up. I am a female of 63 tears old and believe in what I am doing. Dont tar us all with the same brush. Thank You.

So we come back to the fact that we could be left with the club in limbo and then this will be the fault of the people pushing to remove the board.

What is the point of having a battle when all we are actually causing damage to the overall thing that we are all meant to be protecting. That goes for both sides and I do worry that what ever happens on Wednesday or maybe over the months following we are going to see a split club.

Lets be honest, V2001 stay in power and fail - people will say "told you so". Mo take power and Vale fail, he sells the ground, ruins the club - V2001 say "told you so". This bickering is going to be never ending and it seems like we have so many groups now founded doing different things against the club, you do wonder if we will ever get the focus back onto good things for the club.

An interim board is not an unusual position to be in. Stop trying to defend the indefensible because like thge board you are going to lose. You spout more BS than Bratt!

You are doing quite a good job in fanning the flames, but i don't need to tell you that now, do i ? ;)

I agree to some extent, i wouldn't put it past the board to place a few people there to make sure it gets ugly and thus giving them the oppertunity to cancel the EGM on unsafe grounds. Surely a better idea would be to not turn up until after the results are known, then there cannot be any cause for concern.

I have never posted on here before, but feel I have to reply to Markymark`s comments. I have attended every demo since they began, and I can assure anyone that I do not go to smash anywhere up. I am a female of 63 tears old and believe in what I am doing. Dont tar us all with the same brush. Thank You.

Welcome to our little madhouse Sadie. :D

Genuine question, for a company of Vales size The Companies Act requires that it has either one or two directors as a minimum and this overrides any articles is this correct?

That's my (limited) understanding.

Unfortunately we may have to go to court to find this out in practice.

Is there any precedent set in case law?

Archived