onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Possible legal challenge confirmed

Jacko51

Who is paying for this legal challenge?

Jesus, I didn't think they could stoop this low; they are an utter disgrace.

They are showing their true colours now, and evryone can see what they really are.

Mike Lloyd's presence on Saturday was part of their scheming - I'm sure of it.

Advert

Come on Glenn rear your head on here now

08-12-03, 02:05 PM #11

Glenn

The meeting of Valiant 2001 was called in response to pressure from a group of Valiant 2001 investors, led by Pete Burton, insisting (absolutely correctly) that the shareholders should be consulted on any and all proposals for the future of the club.

As opposed, ironically, to the earlier (and current ?) intentions of certain parties to bypass the shareholders.

My own position is that I've consistently supported, publicly and privately, the rights of shareholders to be the final judges of any proposal which would have a major effect, if implemented, on the structure and ownership of Port Vale.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glenn, may i urge you and your fellow directors to respectfully leave your position without obstruction, if you are all voted out by the shareholders ,please.

Thanks

Craig.

Bennett admits the interim board could try to seize power 'in practice', but warned that the current directors, in their capacity as shareholders, could mount a legal challenge to their appointment.

They would have no more or less rights than the other shareholders in the room.

I would imagine (hope) that legally, they are outside the board when they make the challenge.

Here we have five dictators with 28% of shares beetween them, telling the remaining 72% of shareholders, that if they vote for a interim board it will be illegal, so much for democracey, but having said that, we will have our day on wednesday. Do turn up Mr Bratt, the real fans will be waiting to meet you, and the other Vile four.

So we come back to the fact that we could be left with the club in limbo and then this will be the fault of the people pushing to remove the board.

What is the point of having a battle when all we are actually causing damage to the overall thing that we are all meant to be protecting. That goes for both sides and I do worry that what ever happens on Wednesday or maybe over the months following we are going to see a split club.

Lets be honest, V2001 stay in power and fail - people will say "told you so". Mo take power and Vale fail, he sells the ground, ruins the club - V2001 say "told you so". This bickering is going to be never ending and it seems like we have so many groups now founded doing different things against the club, you do wonder if we will ever get the focus back onto good things for the club.

Dear All,

You will see what we have been dealing with behind the scenes and it is truly disgraceful in my humble opinion.

This has nothing to do with the wishes of the shareholders and fans. It is simply about the ego's and self-interest of these 5 directors - do not be under any illusion.

The legal issues and technicalities only arise IF these 5 directors, upon being voted out, then refuse to vote in support of the interim board - using their blocking vote (cartel) in a spiteful, malicious and vindictive way to sabotage the needs of PVFC to function seamlessly and effectively in their aftermath.

A few BB quotes

"I will happily stand down if it will allow someone who carries the backing of the supporters to take Port Vale forward."

"The whole board would go if there is someone out there who would want to take the club on."

"As long as the club are on a safe financial footing, it would be nice to let somebody else do the job,"

"I'm happy to go at any time if the right person is put in place, but that should be allied to the right investment."

"If I didn't care about the club I would have walked away ages ago."

"I don't see my position as holding power – I see it as looking after the club. I haven't got an ego and all I want is what's best for the club."

"Personally, it will be a great relief not to have the day-to-day problems to sort out and not to have the daily worry about finances. I also have to think about my health which has not been too good this last year and my family, so I have been thinking about this decision for several months."

Well I am sorry Bill - history will judge you for your actions and not your words.

This board should be magnanimous in defeat and do all it can to respect the wishes of the shareholders and ensure a smooth transition. This board have a moral obligation to do so. Talk of legal loopholes and challenges is disgraceful - no other word for it.

Regards

So we come back to the fact that we could be left with the club in limbo and then this will be the fault of the people pushing to remove the board.

What is the point of having a battle when all we are actually causing damage to the overall thing that we are all meant to be protecting. That goes for both sides and I do worry that what ever happens on Wednesday or maybe over the months following we are going to see a split club.

Lets be honest, V2001 stay in power and fail - people will say "told you so". Mo take power and Vale fail, he sells the ground, ruins the club - V2001 say "told you so". This bickering is going to be never ending and it seems like we have so many groups now founded doing different things against the club, you do wonder if we will ever get the focus back onto good things for the club.

To be fair,who are causing all the problems??

I am feeling a little sick over this, This present Board are a vile shower of *******s who are deliberately trying to **** this Club up. I see troubles ahead for certain idividuals.

Bratt and co the majority of fans want you out and its NOT your Club, just go.

Dear Markymark,

Do you not agree the board represent the shareholders, and that if the shareholders vote in a certain way that the board has a moral and legal obligation to respect and accept that decision?

The bickering to which you refer only occurs if the board DO NOT accept the decision of the shareholders.

It is not about both sides - it is simply about the board not accepting the decision of the majority.

Regards

Below are the first few comments on the sentinel website..............

Peter it's Burslem not Burlem.

Also if they do try to cling onto power they will win the "worse than Billy Bell tag" as when Mr Bell knew V2001 had beat him he backed them for a smooth transition. Andrew, Endon

Report abuse

commented on May 30, 2011 9:23 AM

Name *

Email *

What is the primary reason you are reporting this message as abusive? General Abuse Profanity Explicit Content Impersonation Harassment Slander Racial Abuse Religious Abuse Spam Private Information

Additional Comments?

Why should the board make way for a few wild cat and aggressive people who have formed a lynch mob on the internet. They seem to have pulled the wool over Robbie Williams eyes in convincing him that his vote will help the fans. Most fans don't want a change at the club and especially one from a man who has a less than clean background when it comes to businesses in Burslem.

Good luck to the board and fight for what they believe is right for the club Peter, Burlem

Report abuse

commented on May 30, 2011 9:18 AM

Name *

Email *

What is the primary reason you are reporting this message as abusive? General Abuse Profanity Explicit Content Impersonation Harassment Slander Racial Abuse Religious Abuse Spam Private Information

Additional Comments?

If the board are voted off they should admit defeat and prove they have the best interest in the club and support the special resolutions to ensure a smooth transition. Any legal ranglings will only harm the club. Andy, Endon

Report abuse

commented on May 30, 2011 9:12 AM

Name *

Email *

Additional Comments?

Absolutely disgraceful tactics and threats by this board.

If the board are voted off (51%) then they have a moral obligation to respect the wishes of the majority of the shareholders and support / facilitate the implementation of the interim board to ensure a 75& vote.

However the board's solicitor (he is not the club lawyer as he does not speak for the majority of shareholders) suggests the board, if voted off, will adopt a spiteful, vindictive and malicious stance and in effect try and bring the club to is knees.

Utterly diabolical. This board do not "love the club" - only themselves.

If the board do this then they can rot in hell...

It does state in the letter originally sent out to shareholders by the club that if the special resolution isn't passed then the election of an interim board would not go ahead as they would be unable to take up their positions.

It's nothing new.

Who is paying for this legal challenge?

Jesus, I didn't think they could stoop this low; they are an utter disgrace.

They are showing their true colours now, and evryone can see what they really are.

Mike Lloyd's presence on Saturday was part of their scheming - I'm sure of it.

Dear BD,

The directors will claim they bring this suit on behalf of PVFC and look to PVFC to bankroll their litigation.

Paul Bennett claims to represent PVFC and not the directors.

Regards

Archived