onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Possible legal challenge confirmed

Jacko51

Advert

And its comments like that which will cause fights. Comments like that are going to cause problems and lets be honest it is all going to kick off. Its not board plants, there are friends of my neighbours kid who claim to be "black and gold" organising a riot. There is meant to be facebook groups and messages flying about regarding it.

My neighbours friend knows a bloke who's son used to go to school with 3 girls, one of which married a guy who spoke to someone in the pub who said he'd heard on the grape vine that there's a rumour that the EGM will be conducted peacefully!

Mark - I've been to every protest with my son and although loud, there was never any prospect of real trouble (or I wouldn't have gone).

BB/PJ/GO/SM/ML - if you lose the vote on Wednesday, then it's over. For once in your lives do the honourable thing and GO.

Guest Tony Dyche
Nope but again such comments are like saying lets have a fight.

If I chose to, as you clearly chose to, the above comment could easily be interpreted as you threatening Jimmy.

You see Wannabe rap star, it is very easy.

PEOPLE, please stop giving this poster the attention he so obviously craves. He is clearly trying to provoke and discredit, if he is ignored anything he says becomes a fleeting eye roll and nothing more. By engaging him, you give his strange views far more noticeability.

But if they are voted off and marched from the Building individually Officially they are NO longer Directors IF they appeal and win yes.........If they appeal and lose its their choice to and they will have to pay their own costs............Game i am not a legal person, so i poised a few questions to people who are.

As Jimmy says, they will no longer be directors and any challenge will not be over that as I understand it but over the setup of a new interim board and the required number of directors required, the 75% needed to change the rule, whether the articles of association superceed company law, the fit & proper persons test etc but they won't be directors, just a minority shareholing trying to use the clubs solicitors against the majority of the clubs owners - how can that be right?

And its comments like that which will cause fights. Comments like that are going to cause problems and lets be honest it is all going to kick off. Its not board plants, there are friends of my neighbours kid who claim to be "black and gold" organising a riot. There is meant to be facebook groups and messages flying about regarding it.

More BS Marky, you are the only one making comments that may cause a fight mine stated facts. As for B&G I am on the committee, we are actually promoting a silent peaceful protest, a vigil, anyone breaking this will be told to calm down and shutup. We haven't caused any riots to date and don't intend to.

Who is paying for this legal challenge?

Jesus, I didn't think they could stoop this low; they are an utter disgrace.

They are showing their true colours now, and evryone can see what they really are.

Mike Lloyd's presence on Saturday was part of their scheming - I'm sure of it.

Port Vale Fc are paying for the legal challenge, ie the fans money!

Roughly 60k to date :yes:

As Jimmy says, they will no longer be directors and any challenge will not be over that as I understand it but over the setup of a new interim board and the required number of directors required, the 75% needed to change the rule, whether the articles of association superceed company law, the fit & proper persons test etc but they won't be directors, just a minority shareholing trying to use the clubs solicitors against the majority of the clubs owners - how can that be right?

It depends which way you are arguing regarding company law.

The board will argue the EGM vote breaks company law as it leaves the club with no directors, the proposed interim board will argue that it is the AoC breaking company law as it stops the club appointing new directors.

Good luck sorting that outside a courtroom, where beforehand the current directors will be allowed to stay in post.

marky mark , to say you are stirring is an understatement. i have attended all but one protest and there has been only one incodent which involved a steward when there was trouble, albeit limited.

what i can say is that in nearly every post that i have seen in this thread credited to yourself, you suggest that anyone protesting or encouraging protesting is therefore encouraging trouble . to be totally honest, the only person whipping anyone into a frenzy, or attempting to should i say, is you !!! it has been a long and hard campaign the jackson five are now surrounded , common sense should prevail and the white flag should be hoisted. all protests and protestors will be peaceful and joyous on wednesday followed by celebrations in burslem, STOP THE SCAREMONGERING AND LET US CELEBRATE THE FACT THAT THE PROTESTORS ARE SAVING OUR CLUB.

Yes I do if all is above board and fair. It would have been better if RW had actually cast his own vote and showed what he thought - after all he has that obligation as a shareholder to make a decision and not just pass it off to a group, who may or may not represent all the supporters.

Ah! That old 'Thought for the day'.

How about asking the remaining 5 'Directors how many times they were asked to carry proxies for those not able to get to the AGMs etc.

Or is that differrent?

At least Bill Bell backed V2001 when he had lost,this lot are ****ers of the highest order.

Come on Glenn rear your head on here now

but why did bell back v2001?are they trying to hide something in those books?

back handers maybe?

I can imagine a situation where Jackson will fight to the bitter end, I have my doubts as to his credibility as a "Vale" fan so he will drag this on he will approach this as a business deal not as a football club.

I dont think for one minute he cares about fans views, its up to the other members of the board to stand up and be counted if they know they are defeated,therefore avoiding further damage to the club.

Archived