onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale in the community.

Conrad

Just something in support of Jim Cooper. Some 6-7 years ago I turned up at Vale Park with my two kids and my mum unannounced when visiting family one July to buy stuff from the club shop and just hoping to get a peep into the the ground to show my kids a professional football stadium. Jim Cooper gave us a tour of the whole stadium complex, took us into the dressing rooms, the VIP suite, the dugouts, we walked down the tunnel and my son had his picture taken on the pitch, the whole experience was absolutely brilliant. The club got two Vale fans forever and my kids have worn their Vale shirts all over the USA, my son when training with the town and club soccer teams and my daughter when tutoring future NFL American Football players at University who were most inquisitive about the name Port Vale FC.

I realize this is an untypical occurrence but Jim Cooper made me proud to be a Vale fan that day. I spent a shed load of money in the club shop that day and since which I would have done anyway, tour or no tour.

Advert

I started the thread based on what was said at the sc meeting, which was basically norm had kicked vitc out of their offices and scrapped the scheme with no explanation.Having now seen the sentinel article and read that norm plans to re-jig what he considers to be an under performing scheme, that sounds fair enough to me, and if this was mentioned at the sc meeting, I probably would not have started the thread.

Thank goodness the chairman has seen the light and has done something about this travesty / joke of a so called 'charity'

Whilst I have all sympathy for the other employees who stand to lose their jobs they should look no further than the management of the trust over the last 2 decades for the cause.

The latest accounts have just been posted to companies house, showing the trust to be basically insolvent! Why? Look at the figures for salaries etc? High % compared to income, and if further scrutiny taken it may be interesting to see how this is apportioned?

What can be achieved within the clubs constraints and confines through selfless and non self promoting hard work has been shown by the coinciding announcement of the success of the acadamy and the hard work of Sevvy Asslam and the staff and coaches.

Perhaps the solution may be to include the community trust in with the academy and transfer the remaining staff thereby saving their jobs. Sevvy Asslam was initially employed by the Community Trust and has now more than proved an ability.

Should anyone dispute any content here I can assure all that this can be backed up with evidence.

Thank goodness the chairman has seen the light and has done something about this travesty / joke of a so called 'charity'

Whilst I have all sympathy for the other employees who stand to lose their jobs they should look no further than the management of the trust over the last 2 decades for the cause.

The latest accounts have just been posted to companies house, showing the trust to be basically insolvent! Why? Look at the figures for salaries etc? High % compared to income, and if further scrutiny taken it may be interesting to see how this is apportioned?

What can be achieved within the clubs constraints and confines through selfless and non self promoting hard work has been shown by the coinciding announcement of the success of the acadamy and the hard work of Sevvy Asslam and the staff and coaches.

Perhaps the solution may be to include the community trust in with the academy and transfer the remaining staff thereby saving their jobs. Sevvy Asslam was initially employed by the Community Trust and has now more than proved an ability.

Should anyone dispute any content here I can assure all that this can be backed up with evidence.

Post the Company House link please........

Nope it dunna.

Sorry

Try going to the companies house website

Search. Under port vale

Should then come up then click on the company number which then accesses and go from there

Will cost you £2 tho,

If still no then pm me and I will try to send as an attachment

I started the thread based on what was said at the sc meeting, which was basically norm had kicked vitc out of their offices and scrapped the scheme with no explanation.Having now seen the sentinel article and read that norm plans to re-jig what he considers to be an under performing scheme, that sounds fair enough to me, and if this was mentioned at the sc meeting, I probably would not have started the thread.

:clap::clap:

Can't be bothered to write loads about this now but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that all parties are in the wrong and there's a lot of nose cutting going on to spite faces. It appears to have started as a personal falling out between NS and JC and has escalated to the club throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The people who will lose out in the end are a) the community; b) the coaches and community workers on the ground who will lose their jobs, and c) the club will lose access to free money which allows it to do community work in the name of Port Vale, thus leveraging the brand of the club in the community.

Can't be bothered to write loads about this now but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that all parties are in the wrong and there's a lot of nose cutting going on to spite faces. It appears to have started as a personal falling out between NS and JC and has escalated to the club throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The people who will lose out in the end are a) the community; b) the coaches and community workers on the ground who will lose their jobs, and c) the club will lose access to free money which allows it to do community work in the name of Port Vale, thus leveraging the brand of the club in the community.

.....your rapid conclusions are just that, rapid, and consequently flawed.

....a personal falling out between NS and JC ...! Don,t know about NS but JC ? ......... History speaks etc etc ......

... People losing out? A) the community? You can,t lose what you haven,t got!

B) coaches and workers? ... The majority are unpaid volunteers and listed on the website to imply otherwise.

C) so called free money access has for many years now come at a high cost to the club for very little return in the name of Port Vale .... Rather the opposite!

Any change here can only be for the better.

Its difficult to assess if VitC have done a good job because I dont know the remit of the charity... I know what the name suggests but that isnt necessarily what they are there for... are they there to promote Vale? or work in/with the community using Vale to access funding? or both? or neither?

Obtaining charity status isnt easy but it not that difficult either... it tends to make it more difficult if its an integral part of a commercial company.

Don't get me wrong, I've been keeping an eye on the Community Trust's accounts for a good few years now. I've seen a few things that I thought were a bit 'interesting'.

I'm also aware of what people inside the club were saying about JC dating back to before administration, when he was removed as a trustee. I also know people who I trust who have fallen out massively with JC.

However I'm not convinced that freezing out the existing Community Trust and intending to set up a new one at some point in the future is the best way to go about this. It may be that certain people have to agree to resign, NS co-opts himself or a trusted colleague on to the trust, and he can then put in place his new community scheme he is currently envisaging.

From what I've been told though, 91k has been lost to the Community from unclaimed grants because the scheme wasn't affiliated to the club last year. That money has been and gone.

Don't get me wrong, I've been keeping an eye on the Community Trust's accounts for a good few years now. I've seen a few things that I thought were a bit 'interesting'.

I'm also aware of what people inside the club were saying about JC dating back to before administration, when he was removed as a trustee. I also know people who I trust who have fallen out massively with JC.

However I'm not convinced that freezing out the existing Community Trust and intending to set up a new one at some point in the future is the best way to go about this. It may be that certain people have to agree to resign, NS co-opts himself or a trusted colleague on to the trust, and he can then put in place his new community scheme he is currently envisaging.

From what I've been told though, 91k has been lost to the Community from unclaimed grants because the scheme wasn't affiliated to the club last year. That money has been and gone.

I totally agree with all this - and like the word 'interesting'!!

I would question tho, the quoted amount of funding lost given the low availability of funding in today's climate.

If however this money has been lost to the community due to being non affiliated then perhaps we should look at this from the alternative angle, why has the chairman refused affiliation, should this be automatically given no matter the cost?

Or should we give the chairman credit for taking responsibility and taking an unpopular decision, always assuming he has taken it in full view of the facts we do not have access to!

As for any resignations ...... Turkeys do not vote for Christmas!

Archived