onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale in the community.

Conrad

That's a bit strong to someone expressing his views on a fans forum Ray.

What makes him obnoxious for questioning someone's performance at his job?

Personally I have no idea whether the Trust performs well or badly but clearly Norman believes it is the latter and surely that's the opinion that counts.

Advert

That's a bit strong to someone expressing his views on a fans forum Ray.

What makes him obnoxious for questioning someone's performance at his job?

Personally I have no idea whether the Trust performs well or badly but clearly Norman believes it is the latter and surely that's the opinion that counts.

Agreed, so long as the chairman puts a new system into place which hits it's key objectives and performs well to reflect the club then I think he should be supported on this.

On what basis does he think it's underperforming? What does he measure the performance by? Has he considered joining as a trustee (most FL chairmen are trustees on the club's community scheme) and helping to point it in the right direction? Does he even envisage the club having any sort of community scheme at all?

Of course he doesn't Santa? But as long as he has fans like REP and Andy Jones and others bullying everyone else's view into submission, why would /should he care?

As opposed to you trying to belittle ours ;)

I haven't told anyone what they have to do, I'm providing an opinion based on failing performance - that in all honesty really can't be argued can it?

It's ok saying the club needs to improve and then when they act against failing departments run them down.

So long as he comes up with a viable and successful alternative then it has to be a step in the right direction.

It's true that they've done sweet FA around our way despite efforts to shoe horn in they've failed to make contact at all. The last time they tried anything was a money making penalty taking sham about 5 years ago. Let's see what Smurfs plan is then

I think people are trigger happy in shooting Smurf which is a probably due to the issue with the life time season ticket saga.

Iv been critical of Smurf in the past but I back him on this. What has he done wrong? I can understand if he was scrapping the whole community project work completely but he is said there will be another project in place, thats not arrogant thats just business. Whats to say Smurfs new ideas dont pay dividends at helps us attract a new generation of supporters? People just dont like change

Maybe smurf has abit of a point?,my son attends a primary school in smallthorne, Vale have been there once!!,stoke city have been probably twice a year!!,doing allsorts not just football.

My daughter not long since left Haywood, again stoke were there more than Vale.

These schools are on vales doorstep,we should be have very close links with all in a area at least.

Once again NS has been portrayed a the villain of the piece without due cause. It seems that some fans believe that he is just being '****** minded' in withholding his endorsement of the trust. If, as it seems, he is unhappy with its performance then surely he has every right to do this. As with many organisations that receive direct funding the question of accountability must surely be considered. If the CT has been operating independently of the football club then surely the issue of accountability must be of concern. How is the trusts performance monitored and what checks and balances are in place to do this. I've never seen or heard of any reports of how well the trust is doing to promote Port Vale and encourage support. Has anyone else? There appears to be an assumption that the Trust is doing a good job. Where is the evidence for this? It seems to me that the the Trust is operating like a 'quango' being willing to take the money but crying foul when it's effectiveness is called into question. Maybe the CT operating at Port Vale is no longer fit for purpose and is therefore not worthy of endorsement by the football club. It's so easy for an organisation with income assured and having no accountability to become complacent and ineffective. The Trust seems to be more intent on complaining about loss of funding, accommodation and jobs rather than reporting its success and thus convince everyone that NS is wrong and that it should have been allowed to continue to operate as it had done for the last twenty years. If the Trust can show how well it has been performing and how unfairly it has been judged then I will concede that NS has done them wrong. Until then I reserve judgement.

Bill Bratt and I tried hard to work alongside Jim and Boomer. The players got involved and they really cared. Adam Yates, Gareth Owen, Doug Loft and Anthony Griffiths gave up a lot of their time. We were making headway but sadly no-one has taken up the mantle since I left. :(

Archived