onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale in the community.

Conrad

Advert

Santa you say you have kept an eye of the Community Funds (accounts).............Do you suspect any theft or fraud.....??

I hear Jim Cooper wants a 25k pay off........Is that true??

Just asking the question BTW...

Santa you say you have kept an eye of the Community Funds (accounts).............Do you suspect any theft or fraud.....??

I hear Jim Cooper wants a 25k pay off........Is that true??

What? 6 months salary!

Does any-one think either NS or JC have 'people skills' written on their CV, in a Tony Blair 'peace envoy' kind of way.

My message to Smurthwaite is simple. Don't waste Jim's contacts and experience. Get Adams to embrace the community programme instead of turning away when Jim asks for players to help him. Remember though-schools are on a tight budget and it will not be easy to make a profit. The gain is with getting the youngsters in our area to support the Vale. In my experience Boomer is a better attraction than players. Make a couple more Boomer outfits and send the staff out as Boomer. Simples!

Having contacts and experience and having positive relationships and good experiences are very different things.

And, in the interests of balance, shall we presume that NS has done his homework about any other clubs who have opted out from the national programme and sought out models of good practice in this respect. Probably not.

Two personalities at logger heads in public damaging the clubs reputation in the process. The club and the wider community deserves better.

My message to Smurthwaite is simple. Don't waste Jim's contacts and experience. Get Adams to embrace the community programme instead of turning away when Jim asks for players to help him. Remember though-schools are on a tight budget and it will not be easy to make a profit. The gain is with getting the youngsters in our area to support the Vale. In my experience Boomer is a better attraction than players. Make a couple more Boomer outfits and send the staff out as Boomer. Simples!

Fancy going dogging any time Ray? :)

There is something that never got explained to me adequately, but I'll come to that later once I've tried to work out again what it is - it could just be me misunderstanding something. So here's something else to be going on with which is a bit more straightforward hopefully.

Mike Lloyd.

Mike Lloyd was appointed as a trustee on 27th Feb 2012. This date is significant because it was two days after we played a game at Northampton, which, if you remember, was when news broke that we couldn't sign Birchall, there was a winding up order and a transfer embargo, that Peter Miller had resigned and the board was inquorate, and we couldn't even put ourselves into administration.

So why two days later, when MOLD were on the way out and the Council were in talks to try and get someone to perform the administration, did the Community Trust feel they needed to take on Lloyd on, what was his purpose, what could he have done?

and, most importantly, why is Mike Lloyd still a trustee even to this day?

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04189865/PORT-VALE-FC-COMMUNITY-TRUST/directors-secretaries

I've had first hand experience of how our neighbours try and get the local kids interested in going to stoke and they are light years ahead of us, if norm thinks he can improve this for us he has my backing as quite frankly what we do in comparison is awful

Could that be because our neighbours are a MUCH bigger club with GENUINE SUPPORT from their chairman and LOADS more staff-( have I read we only have 5 staff to cover all the work the schools, disability groups intevention sessions etc etc.!!!???)

Alex Williams taught me everything I know about football from my days at St Mary's Tunstall as a nipper. Probably why I'm so bad at football :D - Vale were prominent in the community way back then, shame if it's fallen by the wayside....

I remember big Alex Williams coming to hollywall lane school also one day and I think I smashed a penalty in the top bin aswell

And he didn't even let it in 😜😀

Could that be because our neighbours are a MUCH bigger club with GENUINE SUPPORT from their chairman and LOADS more staff-( have I read we only have 5 staff to cover all the work the schools, disability groups intevention sessions etc etc.!!!???)

The support may be different for our neighbours, but financially in grants and funding etc all are given the same so I suppose it comes down to the bottom line that it,s what you choose (ie the management) to do with the money and how efficiently you manage it!

At the end of the day "loads more staff" have to be paid just the same as at the Vale!

Also how much support should the chairman be expected to give?

Seems to me the Community is a self independent Trust when it suits them BUT part of the club when they want bailing out? ,!

The support may be different for our neighbours, but financially in grants and funding etc all are given the same so I suppose it comes down to the bottom line that it,s what you choose (ie the management) to do with the money and how efficiently you manage it!

At the end of the day "loads more staff" have to be paid just the same as at the Vale!

Also how much support should the chairman be expected to give?

Seems to me the Community is a self independent Trust when it suits them BUT part of the club when they want bailing out? ,!

Archived