onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Captaincy

Advert

My first thought would be Dickinson but I do worry about his disciplinary record.

Could captaincy help with his discipline?

Personally I'd prefer it to be a defender or a central midfielder who's vocal enough and Dicko does seem the obvious choice, he would of course have to set an example and avoid unnecessary bookings.

Why Neal?

Didn't he win players player of the year the last two years?

For me, like candypvfc, it's Dicko by a country mile. He always gives 100% and he was the first to re-sign. Plus the programme notes would be legendary!

Dicko for me. Always passionate about playing and it may sort his discipline issues out. Lead by example etc.

Duffy or Neal for me when Dicko is not playing due to bans.

Pope to take over in matches. You don't normally see Strikers as captains, but he would be passionate as well tho.

Dicko is fans' favourite because he has passion. Is that necessarily the quality we need for an on field leader?

The best captains keep their heads when everything is going wrong around them. Then they work to put things right. If Dicko has that quality as well, fine, but passion alone isn't a good denominator.

Neal or Pope for me. Dicko has to improve his disciplinary record. They should be talking to each other not the ref.

In my youth (and also in my forties when my legs had given up) I played in goal for a while whilst recovering from a serious injury and found it a good place to captain from as you can see the whole pitch in front of you. Just have to have a big gob.:D

I am surprised that no-one has mentioned Chris Lines. Agree with some of the other posts that passion alone is not the answer but it strikes me that Lines has the ability to dictate play and control things from the middle of the park. As MA said about Doug Loft, he was not the greatest talker but he led by example.

Archived