onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Two players released by Micky

valesince83

Advert

Player development....Bell didn't break into the team and hold down a regular place as an 18 year old therefore release.

Kris Taylor somewhat like Owen is a model professional and an experienced player who has won two promotions from Leage 2.....Kris Taylor is in reality a central midfield playmaker or a left sided midfielder first and a left back secondly....with a joke sized squad of 17 players Kris Taylor is an essential squad player on grounds of versatlity....Sutton also plays right back and centre back and such players are needed to cover multiple postitions in a squad with no depth and short on numbers.

While Kris Taylor has gone and a cracking left foot is rare and hard to find

Paul Marshall comes to mind...released and available free...can play central midfield and could be an option as a playmaker if Roberts is off form or

suspended...but Marshall plays left midfield and at 6'1" could perhaps also cover at left back.

The sad thing about Kris Taylor is personally I dont feel he is a left back. His shooting, passing and crossing scream a centre midfielder. Given the chance I would not hesitate sticking him next to Griff/Loft and seeing him shine. His lack of pace means he isnt a winger or full back, but he has talent its a shame really but micky is the manager so you have to trust his decision.

Guest Quakerz

Darlington have signed Kris Taylor.

The thing is we have two decent left backs anyway, but could really do with another attack minded midfielder.

Darlington have signed Kris Taylor.

The thing is we have two decent left backs anyway, but could really do with another attack minded midfielder.

great on the ball, good delivery, defensively not brilliant, play him in midfield and you may have a good player

Ace, sounds just the job.

Yeah definitely plays well in midfield. Not pacy, but plenty of quality on the ball.

He'll be remembered for the right reasons, nice player.

Especially his screamer in this game...

dodds ,haldane ,rigg ,taylor, are all similar players for me , all wide players and dont offer enough with or without the ball , we have been overun to many times this season in midfield by poorer sides, hereford and lincoln to name two , i would like to loan two from the four out if possible and beef the midfield up.

Guest Quakerz
That was b1oody quick! :D

Well we haven't officially signed him yet, but those in the know say we have. Well one bloke who I don't know if he's reliable has said it anyway.:D

Well we haven't officially signed him yet, but those in the know say we have. Well one bloke who I don't know if he's reliable has said it anyway.:D

Well, if you have then good on you. He's easily a great L2 midfielder never mind Conference. Personally as i've said before I'm saddened to see him leave and would have actually prefered him to stay over Gary Roberts! But at the end of the day Mickey knows the squad better than us and so I trust his decision. His goal against Sheffielf Wednesday is my favourite Vale goal, and his set pieces are excelent. Not the best left back though, which was his downfall here i guess.

Good luck to him anyway, and good luck for you guys next season! I hope he does sign for you, he'll do well for you

i was very impressed with joe davis 2 when he came on didnt bk out of tackles made is presence felt

but i would of kept Kris Taylor 1 of the best 4 delivering the ball in a dead ball situation plus also running with the ball that what i think anyway plus matty bell was never going get in the team with boom, owen, collins and yates playing so well

Archived