onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Micky off to Blackpool ?

PVFC764

Advert

The longer it drags on the more extreme the consequences are going to be.

If Adams signs then it's stability and continuity and I would guess at least some of the players offered deals would agree pretty sharpish too. In my view that's the best we can hope for.

But if he doesn't it leaves us in all sorts of trouble. It's not just going to be inconvenient it could be potentially disastrous. We'll need to get someone in ASAP (so a rushed appointment) and in the meantime more and more targets (and existing Vale players out of contract) will be able to go to other clubs (and perhaps will because of the uncertainty at Vale). If we have to go through all that I can see us turning from potential "play-off hopefuls" to "relegation probables" over a chaotic summer if we're not careful.

I think it absolutely needs a deadline now. Micky Adams said he would have made his decision on Monday well I think we need to know yes or no by this Monday coming. That's seven days from when he said he was going to decide anyhow. But it cannot simply drag on and on.

BTW, on a slight tangent... if Adams signs his "rolling" contract does that mean this is this going to happen next summer and potentially every summer till he leaves?

Hmmm, I look forward to that :whistling:

Basically, a 2 year contract offer post Christmas would have resolved all of this way before the end of the season. I know that chairman will want to play it safe, but in cases of good performance, the manager, player or any employee should be rewarded in line with that. I for one, believe that MA deserved and in fact "earned" the offer of a 2 year contract. And if his rolling contract effectively means that he will always be entitled to have a years compensation, then I would have been inclined to only offer a maximum of 1 years compensation in his 2 year offer. So much comes down to man management and the perception of being wanted and yes, NS has repeatedly said that he wants him to stay, but on the one subject that could prove it (offer of a contract), he failed miserably with his timing!

I know nothing about 1 year rolling employment contracts so can someone put me right where I go wrong?...

It isnt a contract for one set year starting from one set date. It starts for one year on the day it is signed and continues for 1 year every day following... basically a open ended contract that takes one years notice to exit from either side.

If this is true then surely pay rises and bonuses are built in at set intervals otherwise the manager would be stuck on the same pay and bonus schedule for the entirety of the contract including his 1 years notice if he wasnt satisfied.

If this is correct I can see why adams might have a problem with it

I see the hysteria is mounting here.

Whilst I think there should have been a contract on the table ages ago, now that we expect it is, we can't expect an immediate decision. These things are a process of negotiation between two parties which in any senior occupation tend to go back and forth a bit whilst each party seeks assurances.

Keeping or losing players will be in relation to the outcome not the process of these negotiations.

m/a not made a choice ITS BRIGHTON

:laugh: there is more chance of 3 million Zulu's rampaging through Butt Lane on a sedate Sunday night, than Brighton wanting him. :laugh:

Taxi for Adams. Where you taking him Andy?

Archived