onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Micky off to Blackpool ?

PVFC764

Yeah granted that and I think he is a manager that performs under challenging circumstances. I personally think his move to Sheff utd has dented his prospects of a championship job

Without a shadow of doubt, he thrives under it, it seems and creates an us against the world attitude with an already loyal and tight knit group of players.

You are probably right on the Blunts front though the decay had long since set in, maybe his two seasons with Vale followed by around another 10 of consistant further similar success will grant him that and he will move back into the Championship, however by then he will be in the final of the UEFA Cup with us along with edging qualification for the Champions League! :D

Advert

I'm not so sure, they have proved to be a bit of a sinking ship. It took them actually giving a manager a bit of time to steady the ship- and fair play to Cloughy, he's done a good job in turning them around. Point is, I think a lot of experienced managers would have struggled there.

It might be the case but I dont think he is the calibre of manager that championship chairman go for these days and its no disrespect to Micky but the competition of managers in that league is that so strong it has former England Managers and coaches in as well as young managers from abroad.

Never mind improving his contract, just offering him one would help the situation : wouldnt blame Adams at all if he left. If he had been offered a contract three months ago it could have been all sorted and he could have been making decisions on which players to keep or release and planning out for next season instead of this unnaceptable mess: I cant believe NS is playing such a dangerous game for reasons only known to himself.

How do people get so rich when their decision making procesess and basic planning ability is so flawed. I really hope he knows what he s doing but I suspect the worst.

I'm not certain how Smurf made his money but I think that he tends to bank roll others as he did for Wilde when he took over the club. This means that apart from deciding whether to invest or not, he makes very few business decisions and of course he does not get involved in day to day management. This would explain why his communication and interpersonal skills leave a lot to be desired. It's a pity really because what with him running up and down the pitch and mingling with the fans on promotion day it seemed as though he was a real 'people' person. His handling of situations, though, has been the biggest disappointment of the season. In fact the only disappointment. It just goes to show how first impressions can be deceptive.

I am guessing with Adams due to give his decision after his short break we might hear something around Tuesday and if I was Smurf I would tell him he HAS GOT to make his decision by the end of next week at the latest,this cant be allowed to drag on.

I think Norman has made some excellent decisions for the fans on ticketing Tec during the season. What has let him down was the verbal he came out with when he was under pressure himself trying to extradite the club from stupid contracts.

Now he has achieved t hat I expect him to become a more popular figure againirrespective of whether Micky stays or goes. The details of the rematch to c let on the ST thread should go down well with fans.

Bring on the pre season tour I say, can't wait.

Would Micky drop down into the Conference?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327725

If the price is right and we couldn't match it, then yes I suppose he would :)

Not a chance me thinks, the conference is notoriously difficult to get out of (just look at Luton, took them a while) it would be a massive risk, fail there and he'd be on the managerial scrap heap with over 100 others...

Archived