onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

TP, good enough for manager of season

I can't stand things like this. Cardiff just end up looking like cry babies.

They had 90 mins to beat Palace & lost. In fact, not only did they lose, they got absolutely battered.

I'm sure I could have picked at least 9/11 players from each side & been right.

But if there's any truth in it, it just shows that they'll stoop to anything to stay in the PL. The rules are the rules.

Advert

The hatred of Liverpool football club on this site by many is pretty sad. Yeah, lets ignore the amazing job Brendan Rodgers has done this season, being the key instrument in a club on the verge of winning the Premier League for the first time when a lot of people wouldn't have even put them in the top 6 at the beginning of the season, while also playing the most attractive football in the country (along with Man City at times) and propelling youngsters like Raheem Sterling, Henderson and Flanagan to a completely different level. That's not even mentioning that Liverpool's net spend is far less than the likes of Man City, Chelsea and United, or the fantastic work he did to keep possibly the 3rd best player in the world at this moment in time at the club when he got disillusioned and wanted out.

Tony Pulis has done a fantastic job since going to Palace, that can't be disputed. He's a good manager, it's as simple as that. But for me there is only one winner, even if Liverpool just miss out on the title.

The hatred of Liverpool Football Club on this site?

Exactly what planet are you on? We're Vale. We have no feeling whatsoever to Liverpool, good or bad. What are you on about?

Berk.

A fair few people have stated there dislike in the past, for various reasons. It's these people that will refuse to give credit no matter what, which is somewhat pathetic.

Numpty.

Liverpool have had an absolutely fantastic season, playing incredible football and bringing a lot of exciting young English players to the top table as well. Brendon Rogers also seems a pretty decent bloke. If Chelsea don't win it then I hope Liverpool do.

The hatred of Liverpool football club on this site by many is pretty sad. Yeah, lets ignore the amazing job Brendan Rodgers has done this season, being the key instrument in a club on the verge of winning the Premier League for the first time when a lot of people wouldn't have even put them in the top 6 at the beginning of the season, while also playing the most attractive football in the country (along with Man City at times) and propelling youngsters like Raheem Sterling, Henderson and Flanagan to a completely different level. That's not even mentioning that Liverpool's net spend is far less than the likes of Man City, Chelsea and United, or the fantastic work he did to keep possibly the 3rd best player in the world at this moment in time at the club when he got disillusioned and wanted out.

Tony Pulis has done a fantastic job since going to Palace, that can't be disputed. He's a good manager, it's as simple as that. But for me there is only one winner, even if Liverpool just miss out on the title.

Chill out Col!

I was discussing this thread with our kid in the car before & we decided it simply has to be Rodgers

Chill out Col!

I was discussing this thread with our kid in the car before & we decided it simply has to be Rodgers

I'm chilled. ;)

I just don't appreciate being called a 'berk' when my point is valid. I've lost count the amount of members on here who in the past have said something along the lines of "I dislike Liverpool because...". One of those members, Twitters for just one example, won't give an ounce of credit to anyone associated with Liverpool football club should they gone on to win the title - hence my point! But then again Bede has always come across as some middle aged guy on an extremely high horse, so I don't know why I was surprised by his pathetic response.

In terms of the Premier League, Tony Pulis has done wonders in his short time at Palace. Martinez is a brilliant young manager, one that has improved Everton further - even if they don't pip Arsenal for that 4th placed spot. But what Rodgers has done this season could well go down in Liverpool folklore should Liverpool get over the line, and on top of that they would have done it in style.

Liverpool have had an absolutely fantastic season, playing incredible football and bringing a lot of exciting young English players to the top table as well. Brendon Rogers also seems a pretty decent bloke. If Chelsea don't win it then I hope Liverpool do.

Good post, and spot on. Rodgers seems to be both a fantastic man manager and coach. Henderson and Flanagan inparticular looked like they were barely Premiership quality last season. Henderson has gone on to be one of the first name on the team-sheet this season, and Flanagan is now being talked about as a potential new Jamie Carragher in the making. Add on top of that the way he dealt with Luis Suarez in the summer, persuading him to stay at the club and motivating him to put in the performances he has, and re-inventing Steven Gerrard as a deep-laying midfield player who's gone on to have his best season for a good few years and nobody can argue that he hasn't done an unbelievable job.

Beechy being a **** as usual. No surprise.

Rodgers has done a good job this season but he's had a season to build his squad up and get the players used to his way of playing. Pulis on the other hand took over a side in disarray and turned them around instantly, making them top 8 in terms of form despite being doomed by all and sundry.

That for me is why Pulis is a clear Premier League manager of the year and not any other reason, despite what Beechy says who has chosen to throw his toys out of the pram as usual because everyone isn't creaming over Liverpool.

Beechy being a **** as usual. No surprise.

Rodgers has done a good job this season but he's had a season to build his squad up and get the players used to his way of playing. Pulis on the other hand took over a side in disarray and turned them around instantly, making them top 8 in terms of form despite being doomed by all and sundry.

That for me is why Pulis is a clear Premier League manager of the year and not any other reason, despite what Beechy says who has chosen to throw his toys out of the pram as usual because everyone isn't creaming over Liverpool.

Your reply as much proved my point. Cheers.

I remember you stating here that Liverpool would never win the Premier League and wouldn't come even close to doing so. No wonder you seem so butt hurt in your response.

Archived