onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Campaign to give John Rudge the Freedom of the City - sign the petition

6townsradio

Advert

No thanks. Good manager for us but he took 10% of every tansfer and made himself a fortune by not trying to hang onto our best players. Never be forgiven for joining Stoke, after so many years at the Vale just so he could again line his pockets on his foreign holidays with them.

People ask me what progress was made whilst Rudgie was at Stoke. Well he started with a 17 handicap and ended with an 8 handicap so you have to say it was pretty darn impressive...........

Yet your rise upto the Premier League happened after he joined you mmmmmm

No thanks. Good manager for us but he took 10% of every tansfer and made himself a fortune by not trying to hang onto our best players. Never be forgiven for joining Stoke, after so many years at the Vale just so he could again line his pockets on his foreign holidays with them.

...I agree. I went to the John Rudge Tribute Dinner at Trentham where we were told that "he had no other job lined up" - only to discover just days later that it was all signed, sealed and delivered at Stoke.... the quickest application-interview-appointment in history if we believe what we were told!

When Bill Bell threw his toys out of the pram following the 'dismissal tribunal' and revealed the details of Rudge's salary ( over£100,000 + all his expenses paid + the 10% of all outgoing transfers) it was clear he was not the 'pauper' that he liked to portray.

People who are simply doing their job - albeit very well - should not IMO be rewarded with honours such as this.

As you can surmise, I will not be supporting this campaign.

Guest Stonelad@valepark

Vale legend traitor at the same time, no respect for what he did, but love him has a manager

Sorry but imo this is a silly statement,i remember the fantastic times he gave me as a manager and I couldn't give a flying fig if he made money here or there,the man is a legend and always will be,so yes he should get this honour imo.

Also those saying he is a Traitor couldn't be further from the truth,dont forget as well he had the chance to join Sjoke when he was STILL our manager but didn't until he was OUT OF WORK.

Wow that's a rubbish post!

Sorry Wooter but you have this the wrong way around. One of the reasons Bell sacked Rudge was because he did not want to give him a % of the fee for any players sold.

There was only one person lining their pockets at Vales expense and it was WT Bell.

Archived