onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JMW - Praise Thread

Jenno's a ******trapped in a footballer's body.

He has skill, pace and potential but absolutely no brain whatsoever. He's brain dead. His positioning and his reading of situations is apalling. He can finish and when he has a good game he is very good but it's not too often. He has three or four good games a season and the rest are average to woeful.

I do think he'd benefit more from playing with a winger on the opposite side to him. As mentioned, he wouldn't get marked out of games in that situation but yesterday's backpass highlights his stupidity in decision making.

I want to like him but I just don't. He's so stupid. If he ever learns the game he could be unstoppable.

Just to add balance - great penalty yesterday. Credit for his penalty taking. He does that for a reason so fair play.

Advert

With regard to the 'match winning' tag yes his spot kick was the match winner but who was the real match winner the penalty taker or the guy who won it!

Well the match winner is obviously the bloke who took it. Because if he doesn't score we don't win the match. Not hard really.

You're only upset because the bloke who won the penalty doesn't take them. And that's because he keeps missing them!

There you go again George. If you look at most of my criticism regarding our 'Penalty Ace' then you will clearly see that most of my gripe beside his often frustrating manner was the fact that he was playing on the wrong wing. Yesterday he was playing on the left side (his proper position)and his ridiculous back pass apart he had a better than average game. With regard to the 'match winning' tag yes his spot kick was the match winner but who was the real match winner the penalty taker or the guy who won it!

The guy who SCORED it, you can win them and take them all day long. Penalty taking is a skill which JMW clearly has, so yes he is indeed a PENALTY ACE! :D

Amazing how opinions change from the start of last season when him and Vincent were tearing League 2 apart

Also those saying they hope we get rid of him in the summer,who would you replace him with on the reduced budget??? OS this is not a love in at all as I have said he IS inconsistent and frustrating but nowhere near as bad as some are saying,as for Pope I agree I forgot to add him to Knott.

One last thing,just out of interest can anyone name a better winger we have had(goals,assists etc) over the 8yrs or so?

Marmite comes to mind.

Jenno can be the most frustrating player we have and at times offers little or no cover for our defence or midfield. That said he is a potential match winner too!

Love him or hate him he does have opponents respect as they always put 2 players at least on him. My feeling is that the others in our team need to cash in on the fact there is space available inside him when he has the ball and more often than not he has no help to utilise the obvious gaps he can create when holding the ball.

His goals ratio speaks for itself and we have to accept that we look far better offensively when he's in the team BUT I am aware he can give his doubters the impression he couldn't care less. As I said, marmite should be his nickname judging by some comments on here. Jesus, if he produced his best form all the time he would most certainly not be playing for Vale!

Vale fans do love to hate.

I'd just say that anyone claiming that he's useless/doesn't contribute etc etc should actually look at his goals and assists this season. In other words, take actual, irrefutable evidence over a subjective and pathological need to abuse someone.

Also, this penalty issue is nonsense. A penalty is not a free goal, someone does actually have to score it. Pope has shown that he can't do that reliably, if you looked at JMW's record you'd see that he has shown that he can. I can remember one that he has missed this season, which was a great save.

All the moaning that gets directed at him is even more ridiculous when you compare it with the way some of our defensive players have been praised this season, despite their collective failure.

Ultimately, what do you gain from putting our own players down? Surely he's shown that he's a confidence player. So, isn't better for him, the Vale and therefore all of us, if he is supported and given our backing to do well? Unless you want him, and by extension the Vale, to fail, just so you can pat yourselves on the back for not rating him in first place?

Vale fans do love to hate.

I'd just say that anyone claiming that he's useless/doesn't contribute etc etc should actually look at his goals and assists this season. In other words, take actual, irrefutable evidence over a subjective and pathological need to abuse someone.

Also, this penalty issue is nonsense. A penalty is not a free goal, someone does actually have to score it. Pope has shown that he can't do that reliably, if you looked at JMW's record you'd see that he has shown that he can. I can remember one that he has missed this season, which was a great save.

All the moaning that gets directed at him is even more ridiculous when you compare it with the way some of our defensive players have been praised this season, despite their collective failure.

Ultimately, what do you gain from putting our own players down? Surely he's shown that he's a confidence player. So, isn't better for him, the Vale and therefore all of us, if he is supported and given our backing to do well? Unless you want him, and by extension the Vale, to fail, just so you can pat yourselves on the back for not rating him in first place?

Brilliant post!

Jenno's a rêtard trapped in a footballer's body.

He has skill, pace and potential but absolutely no brain whatsoever. He's brain dead. His positioning and his reading of situations is apalling. He can finish and when he has a good game he is very good but it's not too often. He has three or four good games a season and the rest are average to woeful.

I do think he'd benefit more from playing with a winger on the opposite side to him. As mentioned, he wouldn't get marked out of games in that situation but yesterday's backpass highlights his stupidity in decision making.

I want to like him but I just don't. He's so stupid. If he ever learns the game he could be unstoppable.

Just to add balance - great penalty yesterday. Credit for his penalty taking. He does that for a reason so fair play.

You sound like Ron Noades.

You sound like Ron Noades.

Excuse me?

Noades' comments were ignorantly racist. So because I think that Jenno lacks football intelligence means I think the same as his contraversial comments?

Idiot.

Jenno's a rêtard trapped in a footballer's body.

Its a good job your opinion is worthless in the world of football as you are always so far off the mark. Probably because you are the sort of fan who doesn't go to the game but has a massive opinion. Stick to circle jerks up a mountain pilkington.

Excuse me?

Noades' comments were ignorantly racist. So because I think that Jenno lacks football intelligence means I think the same as his contraversial comments?

Idiot.

I don't think for one second that your opinion on Jenno has anything at all to so with the colour of his skin. Apologies if my comment came across that way.

What I meant was that what you posted, taken purely on face value, could easily have been attributed to a quote made by Noades about one of the players at his club. The context is exactly the same as something he would have said. Black player, ability, no brains. (Although you went a bit further and called him a ******, which is by far the most offensive comment in your post)

Its a good job your opinion is worthless in the world of football as you are always so far off the mark. Probably because you are the sort of fan who doesn't go to the game but has a massive opinion. Stick to circle jerks up a mountain pilkington.

Silly post.

Archived