onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JMW - Praise Thread

Possibly a case of not realising what you have until it's gone.

He's arguably our best winger since the days of McCarthy, Guppy and Ainsworth.

Most players at our level aren't good enough for higher levels hence why they are plying their trade in the lower leagues.

Ultimately he's been one of out top three or four players in both our current and previous successful seasons and the key to so many of our goals in that period, just pipped by Pope.

Full credit to him.

There hasn't been much to beat since then though has there?

Advert

Oh right, so I need to offer up my Vale CV nowadays then to have a valid opinion? I reckon having started the whole movement for change might rank up there?

Nonsense.

It's only the last couple of years that I've stopped attending the 95% of all matches as I used to, so I don't think I need to be lectured on superduperfandom. However I have had a ST again this season to start to enjoy my football again. Not that I should have to justify that to anybody, you cheeky ****.

Also, folk only seem to pick out the negative points of my opinion on Jennison, despite me also crediting him with the fact that he clearly haas ability but not quite the mental capacity to put it to full use.

But not to worry, I'll go back to rarely posting on here so that the vocal few can continue to rule the roost by shouting down anyone's views that go against the general concensus because I dunner go to every game anymore.

Oh right, so I need to offer up my Vale CV nowadays then to have a valid opinion? I reckon having started the whole movement for change might rank up there?

Nonsense.

It's only the last couple of years that I've stopped attending the 95% of all matches as I used to, so I don't think I need to be lectured on superduperfandom. However I have had a ST again this season to start to enjoy my football again. Not that I should have to justify that to anybody, you cheeky ****.

Also, folk only seem to pick out the negative points of my opinion on Jennison, despite me also crediting him with the fact that he clearly haas ability but not quite the mental capacity to put it to full use.

But not to worry, I'll go back to rarely posting on here so that the vocal few can continue to rule the roost by shouting down anyone's views that go against the general concensus because I dunner go to every game anymore.

To be fair you called one of our players a truly awful word despite him being one of our best players and contributing more than most to our great success in that time.

Whether you go week in, week out like others amongst us doesn't really matter but you instigated the loss of reasoned debate towards the start of this thread when utilising the aforementioned word.

I don't see how anybody can think that JMW is good. He's positioning is absolutely awful - he's always too far back and never ever gets up the pitch. I noticed pope and daniel jones having to shout at him to actually make a run up the pitch. He stands right by the player that is on the ball instead.

Also, he can't cross a ball. 9/10 of the crosses that he does are overhit or under hit, and that's on his strongest foot. He's too predictable with defenders as when he's on the right, he cuts in pretty much every single time to try and cross on his left foot.

He's not even fast paced as everybody seems to say he is. He's too scared to take on defenders and every time he got the ball yesterday on the wing and the the crowd were trying to make him run at the defense, he just passed it backwards.

Also, when he does get the ball, he slows down the play. He gets the ball and just stops and tries to walk to ball past the defender instead of just running past him and putting in a quick cross. This results in the defense being able to set themselves up in position to deal with his cross.

He is completely ineffective and I would be happy to see the back of him in the summer.

And yet he leads the Vale's assist charts. But yea get rid of him :doh:

I've not read through the thread but I have my own opinion on him. He is very talented but his decision making and - I'm sorry to say - his commitment is not sufficient. Quite simply defensively he lacks what is required and helping out his full back by making runs off the ball, for example, doesn't happen and if it does, it's about as regular as a glimpse of Haley's Comet.

Just my opinion of course, feel free to disagree.

Archived