onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

credit where its due to Norman

andy jones

Advert

Of course there is' date=' admittedly I find myself defending the chairman more than often because of the barrage of abuse or constant deriding he faces however I have clearly identified previously he has made mistakes, mainly trusting Wildes with his money and tieing his business into long term unecessary contracts, budget forcasting and by his own admission underestimated the challenege of running a football club and over estimated the potential of our floating fanbase but he clearly cares, has good ideas,[b'] has promised to leave us debt free[/b], facilitated the budget to get us promotion, supported the manager in bringing in quality players we could have only dreamed of since the days of Rudge and Bell, wanted to communicate with fans, is a proven success as a business man and has had to fight off unsubstantiated rumours pretty much from the start of this season, actually if not in the summer.

I simply don't understand the need for what is turning into a hate campaign against him, he needs support not panning on the basis of rumours at every opportunity.

Is he trying to ruin the club? If not why are people trying in some cases to ruin his reputation?

That's the bit i have a problem with. He did say he'd leave us debt free didn't he. Truth is we won't be will we? We'll always owe him money every season because we'll have to pay rent to him. The new owners, although they may not inherit any club debt as such, will never own Vale Park until Norm decides to sell it back to them, if he ever does? So we are always going to to be in debt, to Norm, until he decides to sell us the ground back.

He should sell us how he bought us, club & ground together, not rip us apart like he's planning to do. I feel saddened that we won't own Vale Park anymore, & it's for this reason my respect for Norm has been lost over the last few weeks.

So if he is as bad as you say and you are so much better.Please explained why he has more businesses that your self,why he has more money than you?

Some people make money from property or just investments years ago people gained millions by buying and selling shares this did not render them great business people. It certainly does not qualify him to run a football club if I were to buy a chain of nightclubs I would have no clue how to fun them and so would hire some expertise .

Many of my predictions on his business acumen were shot down in flames but came true. I predict one other thing when smurf does sell and it won't be long how will we................

Afford rent to smurf as well as pay wages when we couldn't pay wages only not so long ago

In the next few years smurf will be the very reason we are forced to leave vale park

Doubt Coates would let us share his carbuncle off the a 50

So home games at greatly road to look forward too

Smurf will earn lots of fame in years to come but certainly not credit or will it be due

So, does your list imply that you would prefer him gone? I can't understand where you're coming from? Of course it would be nice to see some of the things on your list changed/completed and I feel sure Norman would want some of those too, but he's not got multi-millions and has to run the club on a sensible budget! What's your alternative or master-plan?

We don't expect him to invest millions we want him to employ a man capable of fixing things a man who he targets with stretching targets and key performance indicators. A man who would generate 5 million a year in additional revenue.

Salary would be in today's current market 65 to 100k . I truely don't get it smurf continues to throw money at it instead of getting an expert in. It's like having a leaky tap going out and spending 10 pounds a day on sealant to save money on calling a plumber .

Afford rent to smurf as well as pay wages when we couldn't pay wages only not so long ago

In the next few years smurf will be the very reason we are forced to leave vale park

Doubt Coates would let us share his carbuncle off the a 50

So home games at greatly road to look forward too

Smurf will earn lots of fame in years to come but certainly not credit or will it be due

Thing is if we dont own Vale Park and Smurf wants us to pay him rent, what happens if we tell him to get stuffed ? Just suppose the new owner wants a smaller ground lower overheads etc......What will Smurf do with Vale Park? I think there is a covenant that says it can only be used for football ...................Checkmate.

Personally I think he will wash his hands lock stock and barrel.

Thing is if we dont own Vale Park and Smurf wants us to pay him rent, what happens if we tell him to get stuffed ? Just suppose the new owner wants a smaller ground lower overheads etc......What will Smurf do with Vale Park? I think there is a covenant that says it can only be used for football ...................Checkmate.

Personally I think he will wash his hands lock stock and barrel.

There is no such covenant. Smurf is the most stubborn man ever he would by then dig his heals in for at least a season. He would be very well versed in how to play the situation from his Coventry contacts.

This situation also leaves us wide open to mk dons situation. Even more so there is such a place as Wimbledon unlike port vale.

There is no such covenant. Smurf is the most stubborn man ever he would by then dig his heals in for at least a season. He would be very well versed in how to play the situation from his Coventry contacts.

This situation also leaves us wide open to mk dons situation. Even more so there is such a place as Wimbledon unlike port vale.

So you know there is no covenant?

High population areas with no club. Peckham Port Vale Basingstoke population 160,000 no football club Basingstoke vale . Dudley population 310,000 port Dudley no football league club. Dudley would be the nearest option with lots of West Midlands derbies and a sloping pitch at Dudley zoo

He should sell us how he bought us, club & ground together, not rip us apart like he's planning to do. I feel saddened that we won't own Vale Park anymore, & it's for this reason my respect for Norm has been lost over the last few weeks.

Whose to say he won't. I understand why people are guessing he will and he'd be well within his rights to do so to recoup the money he has put in but it's purely rumour as it hasn't been confirmed yet, the time to worry about this is if it actually happens.

Werskint.I have been following your posts and in most cases I think you are totally correct. Some on here can't see the wood from the trees as far as Smurf is concerned.He is a very dangerous owner and the future is bleak.

I get berated by most and accused of wanting a job. All cobblers. I have been trying to inform vale fans side last April that smurf is clueless and worse very very dangerous to port vale.

I fear for vale 100 times more than our last two administrations. We no longer own vale park and our owner apart from a drunken night following promotion in the crown has no affinity whatsoever with burslem or port vale

Archived