onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 8th March 2014, Port Vale v Carlisle United, Pre Match, Match itself.

Fosse69

For all those who don't appreciate what Linesy brings to our team, I wouldn't worry too much, as he probably won't be here next season. He'll probably have another club lined up where he's not expected to run the entire midfield single-handed and carry a 'professional' footballer who can't even pass the ball.

I suppose you'd much prefer players like Geoghan, Rocastle or Fraser to run our midfield.

Advert

For all those who don't appreciate what Linesy brings to our team, I wouldn't worry too much, as he probably won't be here next season. He'll probably have another club lined up where he's not expected to run the entire midfield single-handed and carry a 'professional' footballer who can't even pass the ball.

I suppose you'd much prefer players like Geoghan, Rocastle or Fraser to run our midfield.

Now that midfield would rip this league apart:ninja::notworthy:

Let's face it, Saturday inner going to be pretty, we need points on the table and weer going to have to scrap for them and Lines inner man enough. Chuck Birchall on, ye his fitness level is nowhere near what it should be but a least weer not accepting half hearted shirt fillers

Let's face it, Saturday inner going to be pretty, we need points on the table and weer going to have to scrap for them and Lines inner man enough. Chuck Birchall on, ye his fitness level is nowhere near what it should be but a least weer not accepting half hearted shirt fillers

Why do you feel Lines isn't 'man' enough? What do you expect him to do to make him a 'man'?

Football is played on your feet, not sliding around aimlessly on your backside!

Looks like as happened in the second half of last season we have been Sussed out again and Micky has no plan B or C. Lumping the ball up to Pope is not working and Tom is not the most mobile (and always heavily marked) so struggles to make an impact. Teams who have strength and pace upfront terrorise us and as happened at Wolves eventually break us down and score.

We need to change tactics as we are running out of games to ensure survival. All the teams we will now face know how we play and will take advantage of low confidence and morale that the players must be suffering.

To be fair we could have Ronaldo in the team but without the correct tactics he would also be as inneffective as some of our best players.

Their was no effort at all yesterday..Crewe and Bradford played us off the park,so are they superior teams to us?

Were you there watching the 1st half? Clearly not or your eyesight has failed you! Playing against a far superoir outfit we actually held our own 1st half. Admittedly 2nd half different for various reasons but to suggest there was no effort at all is ...just incredible.

Those of you who dont think lines is good enough need your head felt!!! he was head and shoulders above anybody on our side sat...he just didnt have anybody making runs for him!!

He would be the first player on my team sheet

People thought the same about Eddie Baily (England/Spurs) in the 50s, one of Vale`s top ever players, but was soon snatched up by Forest and beat us 7-1, well worth reading his playing career on Wiki. I have long ceased to be amazed about peoples opinions.

tough call on certain positions think i'd start with

-----------neal-------------

grimmer--duffy-robertson-dicko

birchall-knott--lines-loft

-------dodds-----

------pope-------

Dodds, no thanks!! He's had more than enough chances. He's so lightweight - gets muscled out far too easily, goes in to challenges half-heartedly (check sako's goal), barely wins a header and more recently, cant even pick a pass (the one reason he's there). He was awful against Wolves.

I know Tomlin is not flavour of the month either but at least he offers an attacking threat.

Archived