onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Travelling to Wembley Stadium advice.

vale in the blood

Hi all,im taking my lad nxt weds to watch england.

Ive looked into parking at the ground and im told its 27quid,n takes ages get off.

So has any1 drove outside of london and caught overland to wembley? Ive never done this before,so any help on where catch the train from? Milton.keynes?watford??and how easy to do?

Cheers for any advice.

Advert

If you're driving from the North, then parking at Watford and getting the Metropolitan Line direct to Wembley Park is very easy.

If you're coming in on the train via London, then we always get the train from London Marylebone to Wembley Stadium station (overland) and have no problem getting away after.

As Rob said, Chiltern Railways is good as it takes you right to the stadium. Beaconsfield always has parking spaces but the cost for the train is quite expensive.

If you want to park, the Green Man Hotel is cheaper than £27 so I would try there. They have a website for online booking if you google it.

Other than that, I would say Stanmore tube station. It's the start of the line to Wembley Park station. Brings you right in to the top of Wembley way, which would be great for the kids until a tramp throws up on their shoes...............

As someone who uses Chiltern Railways for my commute every weekday I would recommend them. They usually come out on top of the annual railway commuter ratings as they are generally reliable and organised.

I've used the Wembley service myself (although for a kids event at the exhibition centre rather than a game) and it's pretty decent. You can get off at Wembley just a short walk from the stadium.

As Cheltenham Valiant says - you can park at High Wycombe (there's a big multi-storey car park here and it's probably only 10 mins drive onto the M40). If its a midweek match then if you park after 4pm then the off-peak car park charge is £4.50. If it's a Saturday match then the parking is £4.50 any time of the day.

Wycombe also has a nice real-ale pub just over the road from the station if you want to use that pre or post match. It has a website here - http://www.thebootleggerpub.co.uk/Default.asp It has a clever concept of "Bring your own food" and there are a load of pizza/fast food places just around the corner. You can even ring in your order from the pub and get it delivered if you can't be bothered to walk.

Not sure if anyone will be able to help me out, but I am also attending this game. I will be travelling from Woking into waterloo and then on to Wembley. The travelling isnt the issue its where best to get a beer on that route. I have been to Wembley many times to watch England and personally think it is poor for a drink so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Archived