onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Rotheram 0 - Post Match Discussion

Caz or caz123

To cite examples, he slated Adams for the Carlisle team selection near on calling for his head, and also went on the offensive after the MK Dons game. I simply do not want to read a repeat of this should we lose the next two games which unfortunately, despite playing well, is a distinct possibility. Fingers crossed I'm wrong on that. People have got to be realistic in their reactions to good games and bad games. It's like the Smurf-O-meter, people can't wait to jump on him for snippets of bad press before the articles even get any substance. I noticed Old Sage relished the opportunity to rock the boat after that terrible Sentinel article last week.

There's just no rational thought on this website.

Anyway, 3 points, up the Vale!

In fact, this was my post after the MK Dons game:

We're a mid table team. We'll win some, we'll lose some. Enjoy the wins, don't worry too much about the losses. We're still 10th after 21 games and I would have taken that in August.

Advert

Easy win they were pretty poor, very similar to notts county, just with Pringle who looks a quality player.

Johnson 8 - good penalty save, commanded his area well.

Yates 5 - thought Yates was really poor, every pass went to a Rotherham player.

Duffy 8 - very calm and solid.

Chilvers 9- my motm, was excellent from start to finish.

Dicko 8 - typical Dicko, gave 110% and played well.

Tomlin 7- didnt do much but scored a good goal.

Loft 7 - worked hard but got tired, could have scored or created something at the end if not so tired.

Lines 8 - great passing, everything comes from lines.

Griff 8 - thought he battled well and didnt let them play, much better than last week.

Dodds 8 - was quality. His touch and control was excellent, really good goal as well.

Pope 7 - worked hard and deserved a goal.

Subs.

Shuker 6 - gave the ball away too much.

Birchall 6

Williamson 6

To cite examples, he slated Adams for the Carlisle team selection near on calling for his head, and also went on the offensive after the MK Dons game. I simply do not want to read a repeat of this should we lose the next two games which unfortunately, despite playing well, is a distinct possibility. Fingers crossed I'm wrong on that. People have got to be realistic in their reactions to good games and bad games. It's like the Smurf-O-meter, people can't wait to jump on him for snippets of bad press before the articles even get any substance. I noticed Old Sage relished the opportunity to rock the boat after that terrible Sentinel article last week.

Can't you leave it alone. Great win today, a thread full of joy then you come along and start bitching.

Pathetic and you dare to slag others off.

Interesting to read on PVFC site that Fatso Evans is slagging Tom Pope off,after watching a dvd of the sending off.Well may I suggest to Fatso to watch the whole 90 mins of the said DVD and look at a few of his cheating players before commenting on Tom!!!Sour grapes would normally come to mind, but some fatso had eaten them all:laugh::laugh:

I do remember him flipping and going crazy about Adams but I don't think it was after either of those games. A lot of people do so it's unfair to single just him out in this case.

I do agree, most football fans in general aren't rational, they see the game from their own teams perspective only, that's nature.

I've been for example to Stoke, Preston and Southampton games this season as a neutral and it's been no different to listening people ranting about the opposition or the match officials, very rarely do they see a balanced view and see their own players doing similar things they are appealing for against the opposition (and in all three cases the teams I mentioned won!)

Likewise when fans take against a manager or player it's hard for people to admit they were wrong, so credit to them in cases where they do, Pope's renaissance last season has certainly made me a damn sight less critical of players for fear of looking daft, unlike for instance Micky Ferns, though I love it when he does as you know the player will in 9/10 cases shove it right up him (for want of a better phrase) :)

To cite examples, he slated Adams for the Carlisle team selection.

Adams admitted he got it wrong that day. It's all about opinions (what a cliche). The number of posters on here, or on the light side, over Adams or on the teams back is >0.1 %. We're all chuffed. There are certain issues, regarding the long term funding of the club, that remain a bit unclear. But any questions about this descend into mud slinging. Maybe we are running a bigger deficit than ideal, and we have a Chairman that can rub people up the wrong way, but it can be sorted. Still legitimate questions for discussion I'd say. All in all though, a very good day - and year - for us.

The guy kicked Popey when Tom was flat out. Red card end of.

To be fair Dave I've just watched it Dario style on slow motion Sky playback a few times and it certainly does seem far less obvious than it did at the game. It looks very much like Pope arches to get up, Davis kicks the ball from under him out of play and then Popey puts in a better performance than Brad Pitt, where's that BAFTA for best supporting actor ;)

We got lucky but these things generally even themselves out, quite why Davis risked kicking the ball where it was especially when the official had already blown just shows his stupidity and virtually all players cheat / seek to gain advantage so it's unfair to single out Pope.

David Artell was far worse when he did it on virtually the same blade of grass when he was playing for Crewe seeking to get Richards sent off as there wasn't even motion towards him then.

To be fair Dave I've just watched it Dario style on slow motion Sky playback a few times and it certainly does seem far less obvious than it did at the game. It looks very much like Pope arches to get up' date=' Davis kicks the ball from under him out of play and then Popey puts in a better performance than Brad Pitt, where's that BAFTA for best supporting actor ;)[/quote']

It is unfair to single out Pope for play acting....He takes a lot of physical battering and many a time I wish he would take advantage and stay down but he doesn't,from where I sit it was difficult to say what happened but the reaction in the Lorne Street suggested that the lad took a whack and deserved to walk.

Archived