onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

L1 Ups and Downs...

bar1

So, already we're a 1/3 of the way through the season. People do say after 15 games or so the league takes shape....so who do you think will go up/down?

For me, Wolves and Pboro look pretty nailed on to go up....and Notts County look in real trouble at the bottom. Other than that, still think its pretty wide open. A good run for us and who knows :)

Advert

Don't forget Orient, I am amazed they have held their run together, I think the top 5 are pretty much sorted when you include Wolves, P'Boro, Orient, Brentfford and Preston. For me one place left at the top.

Don't really care less who goes down so long as we don't get dragged into it.

Yeah they've done well, just cant see it lasting (a la tranmere). If they can stay injury free then they have a chance, but will be tough though to maintain that level. I agree with the top 5 though....but that 6th place looks do-able!

If Coventry keep their run of form going, I cannot see how we can get into the top 6. Pretty sure we will be ok at the bottom end as well, this squad should be very capable of 10 wins between now and the end of the season.

Think Orient, Peterborough and Coventry will go up, with Tranmere, Crewe, Notts County and Shrews going down.

If Coventry keep their run of form going, I cannot see how we can get into the top 6. Pretty sure we will be ok at the bottom end as well, this squad should be very capable of 10 wins between now and the end of the season.

Think Orient, Peterborough and Coventry will go up, with Tranmere, Crewe, Notts County and Shrews going down.

i had £20 on Cov to go down before the season at 9/1! Put it on before the points deduction (i work with cov fans so knew it was coming), they had a transfer embargo and a team full of kids......feel a bit of a **** now

My worry is for the last few seasons we have been better at the start than at the finish and given out current position I hope that trend doesn't continue. Having said that I think if we can get 2-3 good additions in the Jan window and get rid of some of the deadwood to lower league teams, we could get pretty close to the playoffs. If we can do that we may just improve on attendances and subsequently more income.

It does look like the top positions will be filled by the likes of Wolves, Peterboro, Brentford maybe and Coventry (eventually), though it's good to see 'little' Leyton Orient punching about their weight.

We are not yet good enough.

At the bottom it's anyone's guess. N County look a bit off the pace as do Tranmere but they can both beat anyone on their day and Tranmere's captain who has been out for 12 months is on the verge of returning. I think anyone in the bottom half could still yet go down and I'm not ruling us out of a struggle to avoid the bottom four.

As a newly promoted team I'll be very happy to see us establish ourselves outside the relegation zone and push on, if we can, next year. There are some very good passing sides in this league and even the poorer teams are not dreadful and not completely marooned at the bottom.

It remains a hard league as Adams warned us a few months ago.

It does look like the top positions will be filled by the likes of Wolves, Peterboro, Brentford maybe and Coventry (eventually), though it's good to see 'little' Leyton Orient punching about their weight.

We are not yet good enough.

At the bottom it's anyone's guess. N County look a bit off the pace as do Tranmere but they can both beat anyone on their day and Tranmere's captain who has been out for 12 months is on the verge of returning. I think anyone in the bottom half could still yet go down and I'm not ruling us out of a struggle to avoid the bottom four.

As a newly promoted team I'll be very happy to see us establish ourselves outside the relegation zone and push on, if we can, next year. There are some very good passing sides in this league and even the poorer teams are not dreadful and not completely marooned at the bottom.

It remains a hard league as Adams warned us a few months ago.

We are in a learning season, and doing quite well. Wihout the last-gasp defeats to Orient and Posh it would look even better, and Colchester was an avoidable defeat. A final placing between 10th and 15th would be fine, and any better than that quite outstanding.

I can't see past Wolves and Peterboro for promotion, possibly a late run from Preston may push one of them into the playoffs. Coventry will also be in the top 6, and probably Orient will stay make the playoffs. The rest are much of a muchness, Brentford, Walsall, maybe ourselves if we sign a couple of decent players in January like last year.

Going down is much trickier - nobody really poor, so it could be cut-throat and this weeks game against Shrewsbury might turn out to be very important if we have a bad run later. We cant afford to lose many (if any) to clubs expected to be near the foot of the table.

If I had to pick, Id go for Notts County, Crewe, Stevenage and Gillingham but there is a slight bias towards who I'd like to see relegated there.

Archived