onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheff Utd 2 - Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Poor show,yet again,by Vale.Poor passing,defending,creating.Too many players wanting to fight.Perhaps they should join some of the idiots who are following us.At the moment going to Vale matches isn't an exciting prospect.Too many players retained over the summer not up to it i'm afraid and too many idiots retained from last season in the Vale crowd.Because we take a decent following doesn't give folk license to do what they like.Grow up lads and can you also consider using the seat you've actually paid money to use.

Advert

I don't disagree that JMW has disappointed this season but that was not the point I was making. I agree that players struggling for form should be given a rest but that was not the point I was making.

Hugill has been on the bench for three of his last four games at Gateshead by the way.

Yes, but he's still scored four goals in I think six games. I really hope Micky takes a close look at him. We could do with it!

Not seen the highlights yet but from memory, I thought Griff got fouled in the set piece that led to their goal. He seemed to have his legs taken from him and the goal came from that bit of the penalty area.

Anyone else see this or had I drunk too much whisky before the game?

Not seen the highlights yet but from memory, I thought Griff got fouled in the set piece that led to their goal. He seemed to have his legs taken from him and the goal came from that bit of the penalty area.

Anyone else see this or had I drunk too much whisky before the game?

Nope, you didn't have double vision. It happened right in front of me and Griff was clearly mugged. I wonder why why our friend the ref (Tim Robinson) didn't give it?

Yes, but he's still scored four goals in I think six games. I really hope Micky takes a close look at him. We could do with it!

I very much suspect the issue with Hugill is fitness. At the Forest Park on the first day of pre-season he looked woefully unfit and judging by some of the comments on the Gateshead forum, I suspect that may still be an issue.

I thought Griif was fouled at the time but looking at the footage on the FL Show it seemed to be Chilvers that took him out

Players fighting with players,players having a go at the manager,our own players fouling each other?,our own fans threatening each other and of course bottle throwing.Just another day out for the family following the Vale.:rolleyes:

One thing midly amused me yesterday.Did anyone notice the police stopping people going into the hotel by the ground after the match?.Understandable if gangs were going it but one poor bloke was pleading with the police to let him in as he was actually staying there.:)

I for one, would be pleased that a Vale player felt so strongly about wanting to stay on the pitch--he must have been pretty miffed to be substituted just because Dan Jones was daft enough to be sent off after just 20 mins! Don't we need that sort of pride & passion from our players--all too many of them don't care!

Hopefully JMW also had 'stern words' with Mrs Jones' boy :yes:

I very much suspect the issue with Hugill is fitness. At the Forest Park on the first day of pre-season he looked woefully unfit and judging by some of the comments on the Gateshead forum, I suspect that may still be an issue.
Gosh, he has been with us long enough to get fit, he is young enough. I assumed he was going on loan to get match fit, toughen up, knock some goals in, etc. He looks a centre forward, with wide shoulders, and maybe not the nimble sort . I saw him score 3 at Harborough pre season, but lower league opposition tier 8 or 9, are we expecting too much too soon?

Gosh, he has been with us long enough to get fit, he is young enough. I assumed he was going on loan to get match fit, toughen up, knock some goals in, etc. He looks a centre forward, with wide shoulders, and maybe not the nimble sort . I saw him score 3 at Harborough pre season, but lower league opposition tier 8 or 9, are we expecting too much too soon?

Birchall hasn't got fit in the 10 months he's been here!

Archived