onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club shop potteries centre

carpetman123

Front page of sentinel today - the nagging wife - that is not pretty at all.

There are some lovely ladies in SoT.

Are you kidding, she is a looker, a real keeper that one for every reason! ;)

Don't be too worried though she lives in Talke so as long as we avoid putting a shop in Freeport we should be ok, lets stick to Hanley....

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/ASBO-neighbour-nagging-wife-Stoke-Trent-Britain/story-19824097-detail/story.html

I do love the line '....after his wide returned from working night shifts' - a misprint or an intentional dig at her model-esque physique?

I also love 'Mr Dawson said they had not lasted any length of time, from three minutes to 58 seconds' - now what could he be talking about I wonder! ;)

Advert

Whio are these no one elses who don't want it? You've just stated it's ideal for selling socks and ties so surely 'sock shop' would be interested?

Surely it's a tester of the location rather than the finished article?

I would have not thought it cost effective to have low level deliveries to a retail facility that's so small for 'pick up'; with such low volumes you'd be delivering items one at a time!!!

I'm no expert but can the lease/freeholder dictate the opening hours?

Did you suggest all that to NS when the opening of a shop was first mentioned? If not, why not?

Sock shop don't do shops any more they do airports and on line for the very reason I described and would not want the unit

A taster unit ?

The pick up for Internet that I suggested is as most businesses do these days. It works like this person A-works twelve hour shifts and is more convenient to pick up in Hanley which may also be more convenient should person A wish to return it. Or Person B looks at it in a catalogue in the very small shop and arranges to get it delivered to thier home.

And yes indeed you can not shut your shop at 5pm if you have signed a lease stay open it forms part of the capital and counties agreement and is quite right this prevents the shopper turning up at the PSC at 1630 find half the shops closed and a very mixed message.

I did suggest the potteries shopping centre was a really bad idea. It's just an example of us trying to show boat for the fans but getting I wrong. It's simple smurf buy goods with a sample deadline and a penalty on quality execution and delivery time sell them with decent mark up online and in a value for money leasehold property.

I do think the shop will be relatively successful in the run in to christmas for shoppers wanting to buy presents or fans but can't be bothered to go online or visit burslem. I do wonder where smurf is up to with the reinstatement of port vales market. And to all you market doubters have a drive to penkridge tomorrow.

Sock shop don't do shops any more they do airports and on line for the very reason I described and would not want the unit

A taster unit ?

The pick up for Internet that I suggested is as most businesses do these days. It works like this person A-works twelve hour shifts and is more convenient to pick up in Hanley which may also be more convenient should person A wish to return it. Or Person B looks at it in a catalogue in the very small shop and arranges to get it delivered to thier home.

And yes indeed you can not shut your shop at 5pm if you have signed a lease stay open it forms part of the capital and counties agreement and is quite right this prevents the shopper turning up at the PSC at 1630 find half the shops closed and a very mixed message.

I did suggest the potteries shopping centre was a really bad idea. It's just an example of us trying to show boat for the fans but getting I wrong. It's simple smurf buy goods with a sample deadline and a penalty on quality execution and delivery time sell them with decent mark up online and in a value for money leasehold property.

I do think the shop will be relatively successful in the run in to christmas for shoppers wanting to buy presents or fans but can't be bothered to go online or visit burslem. I do wonder where smurf is up to with the reinstatement of port vales market. And to all you market doubters have a drive to penkridge tomorrow.

I would expect shop opening hours to be on the PV web site, so avoiding unnecessary journeys, as per normal business practice.

I didn't literally mean Sock Shop..hence it was in single quotes..more that type of shop than that specific chain/brand

A taster unit ?

Tester not taster

The pick up for Internet that I suggested is as most businesses do these days.

I don't disagree..I just don't think this unit is in any way typical of such businesses and so not convinced it's appropriate

It works like this person A-works twelve hour shifts and is more convenient to pick up in Hanley which may also be more convenient should person A wish to return it. Or Person B looks at it in a catalogue in the very small shop and arranges to get it delivered to thier home.

That was not my point..my point was about pick up at the shop..I don't see how it's cost effective to deliver a small number of sales items for adhoc pick up..the cost per delivery to the shop would surely be prohibitive? You want deliveries to be bulk deliveries (in as much as the size of the unit will allow bulk deliveries)

Yes but the retailer has to agree this lease so it isn't actually forced upon them. But I did not know that if your lease says something to the effect of 'opening hours must be between 9 am and 5 pm ' that you could not decide to close at 4:30 cos there is no one about.

I did suggest the potteries shopping centre was a really bad idea.

To whom? How?

It's just an example of us trying to show boat for the fans but getting I wrong.

Could be but I don't belive NS is into showboating and as yet we don't know if it's wrong

It's simple smurf buy goods with a sample deadline and a penalty on quality execution and delivery time sell them with decent mark up online and in a value for money leasehold property.

He may have done all of that

It's so simple..why aren't we all making a fortune from retail!!!!??? What's a decent markup? How do you calculate a decent mark up that will give you sufficient profit but not deter customers? How do you measuree value for money re the leasehold property? And so on

It's clearly not simple.

Where are the stats for Penkridge? I'd rather see some verified numbers than visit a market....seeing can be deceiving :)

Ask him where he is with the market..get it straight from the horse's mouth :)

Markets arent just about footfall... they go by the coach load to fleetwood but no one buys anything, except a cup of tea.

The last time I went to penkridge I bought 4 mirrors in the auction, 2 small ovals an overmantle and a large oval all for £20... tucked away in the corner of a cattle pen... £40 each for the small ovals, £150 for the overmantle and £300 for the large... Ive bought some nice stuff at auctions, sold some too... sorry just reminiscing.

I did suggest the potteries shopping centre was a really bad idea.

You do realise that your ramblings on OVF isn't dialogue with the owner of port vale don't you? Is this how you communicate with the owners of your £200 billion business?

Cheeky gives advice to virgin trains on twitter almost daily, I wonder if Richard Branson is considering offering him a place in the board?

You do realise that your ramblings on OVF isn't dialogue with the owner of port vale don't you? Is this how you communicate with the owners of your £200 billion business?

Cheeky gives advice to virgin trains on twitter almost daily, I wonder if Richard Branson is considering offering him a place in the board?

Walter Mitty has a vacancy.

Archived