Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Sign in to follow this  
melv

Club statement ref Wolves match.

:yes::yes::yes:

The match commander has a LOT to answer for.

Spot on Melv............And so do those who failed to just go home and instead went looking to fight with opposition supporters.

A tad patronising I feel. In my case (I'm 62 by the way) I didn't go looking for it - it arrived right in front of me due to the fact that the police chose to allow both sets of supporters to leave at the same time. I'm not defending the w@nkers who were hell bent on violence I just resent being accused of looking for violence.

I must have been lucky?

so lets just look at this

0.2% of the crowd were arrested, and this is crowd trouble?

all i can say is

well done to staffs police, you have built this up into something that you were solely responsible for, allowing both sets of fans out at the same time is really rather poor practice, hands up how many times vale fans have been kept in until home fans have dispersed on away games?

well done to the club for allowing the police to call such a meeting so that they can now control the policing presence for home games going forward so the police budget will increase experientially due to the concerns of said police who actually caused the issue in the first place, think we may have been here before, or is it just me? *** someone at the club needs to grow a pair, "smurf" i thought you were better than that tbh

The amount of arrests doesn't equal the amount of people involved, which if you had seen it you would know was a much bugger number.

Spot on Melv............And so do those who failed to just go home and instead went looking to fight with opposition supporters.

:yes::yes:

Can Smurf request a different match commander from now on?

The amount of arrests doesn't equal the amount of people involved, which if you had seen it you would know was a much bugger number.

?,thats always the same at every game,

its the percentage that drives the response surely?

Putting aside who was actually to blame vale fans/the plod/wolves fans.

What I can't understand is it was both Vale and Wolves fans who were the 23 arrested, not 23 Vale fans as a lot of the media would lead you to believe. Seeing that it was both clubs who had fans arrested then why is it only Vale who have to have the meeting with the Staffordshire police and not Vale and Wolves?

This is yet another thing that makes it seem that it is just Vale fans to blame for the trouble to the generic football fans across the UK when it actually isn't.

Putting aside who was actually to blame vale fans/the plod/wolves fans.

What I can't understand is it was both Vale and Wolves fans who were the 23 arrested, not 23 Vale fans as a lot of the media would lead you to believe. Seeing that it was both clubs who had fans arrested then why is it only Vale who have to have the meeting with the Staffordshire police and not Vale and Wolves?

This is yet another thing that makes it seem that it is just Vale fans to blame for the trouble to the generic football fans across the UK when it actually isn't.

Think i read somewhere 10 Vale fan's.

Why did the police demand the 'iron curtain' then allow Wolves fans to spill out into the street slap bang into the fans that the police wanted them segregated from????? Whoever allowed this to happen has much to answer.

We know that all clubs have a hooligan element that's why they should be kept apart. So why weren't they?

?,thats always the same at every game,

its the percentage that drives the response surely?

What I'm saying is it doesn't account for the size of the trouble. Riots in Ireland this year saw about 60 policeman injured, plastic bullets fired and shops damaged. 21 people were charged.

This is from a wolves fan on his mates version of events on Saturday.

.i heard from several people who went to the game and they said it was the police that caused the trouble. they just started going at people with dogs trying to separate fans, even though both sets of fans were fine with each other and mingling. then both sets of fans had a go at the police for causing trouble, and this resulted in the police causing more trouble and being even more aggressive.

- Ben , Wolverhampton, 04/9/2013 10:10

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Think i read somewhere 10 Vale fan's.

Think it was 10 arrests AFTER the game, all of which were vale,23 in total of which 2/3 were vale, so 15 or 16 vale, the rest wolves.

Why did the police demand the 'iron curtain' then allow Wolves fans to spill out into the street slap bang into the fans that the police wanted them segregated from????? Whoever allowed this to happen has much to answer.

We know that all clubs have a hooligan element that's why they should be kept apart. So why weren't they?

A valid question that no one will answer.The only word that i can explain it with is incompetence.

We had the wall,trouble was expected,there was trouble before the match,Wolves fan's thrown out during the match,Smoke bombs let's off by Wolves.Tension's were high.The police commander couldn't justify keeping them back for a short while.So they were let out at the same time as Vale fan's.The road was jam packed.A police bike parked across the road near the fire station,near the bend and where the road narrows.This created a bottle neck that police and their dogs forced people through.Add to that,that 3 or 4 police cars left the cop shop on blues and twos.Why were these extra police not already in place?

There WERE police at last nights game with Bury, four of them stood underneath the Policebox watching the match in the 1st half. The Police can't even make an honest statement of events last night, so why should they believed over the Wolves game!

Take a look over boomers right shoulder fancy dress maybe ??

Because of away fans 'Human Rights'.

You couldn't make it up.:rolleyes:

Because of away fans 'Human Rights'.

You couldn't make it up.:rolleyes:

But we were told at the SC meeting that this was an option that the police would consider depending on how it goes.

What about the human rights of the 53 year old woman named in the sentinel who was whacked over the head with an iron bar[police baton] no one can tell me she was a hooligan.

So wolves fans and the police are innocent parties then rep? Seriously get a grip. The only reason this meeting happened is to patch over what a shoddy job the police did of policing the fans.

So you know what goes at these meetings do you. I don't think you do so why make things up.

To be honest, you can't take one person's word as gospel truth.

In the short walk to the ground pre kick-off, I saw one Vale fan with a thick lip and bloodied nose, a Wolves fan take a punch in the mouth, then a Wolves fan thrown over a car bonnet. This was in the space of about 1 minute!

Mind you, no one said anything racist and no smoke bombs were involved so in real terms it's an improvement.

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook