Advert

Advert

Vale watching lutons Andre gray

yorky valiant

Luton ace flattered by interest

Tuesday 20th August 2013 16:17

Andre Gray

£10 completely free bet

Luton Town striker Andre Gray has admitted he is flattered by the interest shown in him by Peterborough United and Port Vale.

Luton Town striker Andre Gray has admitted he is flattered by the interest shown in him by Peterborough United and Port Vale.

The 22-year-old has been linked with a move away from Kenilworth Road recently after being watched by Posh boss Darren Ferguson and Valiants manager Micky Adams.

Gray told Luton Today: "I want to play at the highest level so to get linked with clubs like Peterborough and things like that and the Championship it's obviously flattering because that's where I want to be at some point in my career.

"I don't know when it's going to be, whether it's going to happen or whatever's going to happen with me in the future.

"But it's obviously flattering and just drives me to work even harder."

The former Shrewsbury Town trainee joined the Hatters from Hinckley United in 2012, and has represented the England 'C' team on four occasions.

Advert

Gray told Luton Today: "I want to play at the highest level so to get linked with clubs like Peterborough and things like that and the Championship it's obviously flattering because that's where I want to be at some point in my career.

Forget about him. He doesn't even acknowledge us.

From the pen of Keith Wales, Sentinel Sports Editor

Big, big rumours up here that Port Vale are about to sign Andre Gray.

Micky Adams has admitted watching him on a few occasions.

He recently released one of your old players (Calvin Andrew) Who has ended up at newly promoted Mansfield Town.

After giving Lee Hughes a one year contract, Adams is keen to sign another striker before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

He has confirmed that the striker he wants will involve a transfer fee, and we also understand the fee to be £75k up front, rising to £100k based on appearances, and PV making the play offs or gaining outright promotion. Although we hear some monies would be payable to Hinkley Utd, and this is a bit of a sticking point which PV are hoping to clear up today.

We also understand that the clubs are at an advanced negotiation stage, and Gray will not figure in your squad that lines up against Macclesfield Town this Saturday.

Are any of you close enough to the club to know anything about the transfer?

If yes, please contact me at the [email protected]

Cheers

KW

How can we pay any fee if we have an embargo at the moment,i don't get it me sen

Wake me up though,Vale being linked with paying 100k for a player,if this happens I think I will make a mess

Really don't want to sound negative (although I am), but does this signal a move away for Pope?

We don't need strikers, and we can't buy any players because of FFP.

Tin hat donned.

They look two totally different players so don't think that will be it,i think smurf will be twittering tomorrow to deny the gray thing.

Maybe Adams is looking for a player who over the next few years can do for us what Zamora did for him at Brighton.

Big, big rumours up here that Port Vale are about to sign Andre Gray.

Micky Adams has admitted watching him on a few occasions.

He recently released one of your old players (Calvin Andrew) Who has ended up at newly promoted Mansfield Town.

After giving Lee Hughes a one year contract, Adams is keen to sign another striker before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

He has confirmed that the striker he wants will involve a transfer fee, and we also understand the fee to be £75k up front, rising to £100k based on appearances, and PV making the play offs or gaining outright promotion. Although we hear some monies would be payable to Hinkley Utd, and this is a bit of a sticking point which PV are hoping to clear up today.

We also understand that the clubs are at an advanced negotiation stage, and Gray will not figure in your squad that lines up against Macclesfield Town this Saturday.

Are any of you close enough to the club to know anything about the transfer?

If yes, please contact me at the [email protected]

Cheers

KW

Where have you found this mate and when did the Sentinel Sports editor send it.

This must have been written last week then as Luton played Macclesfield on Saturday and Gray played the full game.

As werstayinup says its strange that we are not only being linked with a player but actually paying a fee too, after being told that we couldn't sign Doumbe a couple of weeks ago. Incidentally, has Doumbe still not signed for anyone?

Archived