onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Royal Mail - Waste of Time

valetillidye

I'm doing an open water swim tomorrow and I need to have a wet suit for it so I ordered one last week off tinternet

I had an e-mail on Friday saying that it was ready for collection and that once collected by Royal Mail that it would take approx 2 working days for delivery.

In my mind I'm thinking they'll collect Monday and I'll get it Wednesday

I get home from work on Wednesday - nothing. I think fair enough, I'll give them until tomorrow. I get home on Thursday, nothing. At this point I contact the supplier and they give me a track and trace number. I go on-line, track it down and it says "Item could not be delivered. It is being held at Stoke-Hanley DO pending instructions from addressee

So I go down today with the printout from the tracking website and my driving license and I ask if I can collect my parcel. The bloke toddles off and comes back with my parcel. "Can I have the card please that the postman left" he says. I then go through the whole story that there was no card left and I've used the track and trace.

He then tells me that I cant have the parcel without the delivery card - we to and fro for about ten minutes, I produce my driving licence about 10 times and ask for the parcel that is mine and that I've paid for and that is useless unless I can have it today and that the only reason that I cant have it is that I dont have the card that wasnt left by the postman in the 1st place !!

He eventually agrees to find a manager and toddles off. 5 minutes later he comes back on his own and tells me that the manager says I cant have my parcel

"What would you like us to do with the parcel" the bloke says. I tell him that he may as well send it back to where it came from as its no good to me if I cant collect it today.

Rant over

I hope they all get made redundant

Advert

We've had huge problems down here in sleepy Devon with postmen not even bothering to try to deliver parcels, just shoving "You weren't in" cards thru the doors so that they can get off their round early

Made a formal complaint after I caught one putting the card thru our door and when i said i'd take the parcel now he admitted that he hadn't got it..indeed he had a pile of the cards in his hands which seemed to be already filled out. Still waiting to hear what happened

The thing is with Royal Mail is that they aren't too bothered about losing the parcel delivery side of the business in the run up to privatisation.

The competition for parcel delivery is massive.

Royal Mail I believe are actually a different business to parcel force.

Royal Mail are quite happy to let parcel deliveries go out to the other companies to scratch over.

All in all the privatisation will probably be yet another privatisation **** up .

I ended up borrowing a wet suit off my mate, anyway, whilst I'm on my way to Manchester I got a text of my missus, she was upstairs getting showered and ready for work and when she came downstairs there was a parcel in the hallway - it seems that Royal Mail Staff are now allowed to open peoples front doors and place post inside peoples houses.

To say she wasn't impressed was an understatement !

I ended up borrowing a wet suit off my mate, anyway, whilst I'm on my way to Manchester I got a text of my missus, she was upstairs getting showered and ready for work and when she came downstairs there was a parcel in the hallway - it seems that Royal Mail Staff are now allowed to open peoples front doors and place post inside peoples houses.

To say she wasn't impressed was an understatement !

Shocking !.

Seems to me like Royal Mail are behaving like a tin pot private company even before they are privatised !

God knows what standards will fall to when they are finally sold off !!.

My ex wife used to work for them and years ago they started pre privatisation cut backs which saw newly recruited postal staff NOT being vetted prior to being offered a job.

Shocking !.

Seems to me like Royal Mail are behaving like a tin pot private company even before they are privatised !

God knows what standards will fall to when they are finally sold off !!.

My ex wife used to work for them and years ago they started pre privatisation cut backs which saw newly recruited postal staff NOT being vetted prior to being offered a job.

have i got this story right,,,the post office caught someone thieving the registered mail and all the staff went on strike when they sacked him 'cos it was their shop steward. a depot in london,,allegedly..

Archived