onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Technology

geosname

I use an iPhone because of its portability & it's a convenient tool at times.

Text

E mail

Surfing the net

OVF

Taking the odd photo

Listening to the radio

Watching sky TV on the move

OMG I just realised how useful they are!

In fact I can EVEN make phone calls.

All on something not much bigger than a fag packet !.

I do agree that they are killing the art of conversation & I wonder why parents tend to buy them for young children.

Advert

I use an iPhone because of its portability & it's a convenient tool at times.

Text

E mail

Surfing the net

OVF

Taking the odd photo

Listening to the radio

Watching sky TV on the move

OMG I just realised how useful they are!

In fact I can EVEN make phone calls.

All on something not much bigger than a fag packet !.

I do agree that they are killing the art of conversation & I wonder why parents tend to buy them for young children.

I once forgot to take me IPHONE out with me and got to Burslem before realising, jumped on the next bus home to get it,was an hour late going THE SAGGERS :) .... Me IPHONE is my first love :)

Technology is an infinitely massive term that can be used to define anything that changed people's lives from the abacus to present day living.

I am old enough to remember when pocket calculators made my maths home work easy.

We all know that a lot of the time technology can be a pain in the ass.

But generally long term we would all suffer in some way without it.

My maths teacher showed us how to use a slide rule.

My word you had to know logarithms to use one !

Interesting times.

sold my slide rule only last week, still in it's case, and not only did we have to learn logs but anti logarithms and reciprocals,

nowadays they take a bluddy calculator into exams, the batteries fail and these whiz kids are knackered

Ours told us to make our own quills, we werent allowed to use fountain pens

too bluddy right, i was the blue ink and new nib monitor, biro's were banned,and fountain pens were out of reach, it was quills and nibs for us, fortunately living in the sticks one of our neighbours had geese.BY 'EK BUT WE 'AD IT TUF.:D

too bluddy right, i was the blue ink and new nib monitor, biro's were banned,and fountain pens were out of reach, it was quills and nibs for us, fortunately living in the sticks one of our neighbours had geese.BY 'EK BUT WE 'AD IT TUF.:D

Geese... we had to trap pterodactyls and snip their beaks with a flint axe

Quills? We used animal dyes to make marks on the cave wall...exams were much harder back then

Walls.... listen to the posh beggers.... I suppose you had a roof too?

I had three strokes on my left hand, when the teacher asked how I felt about it I simply said fine, which got me another 3 on my right and because I dint show remorse I got another 3 followed by a further 3 for a similar response.... after the 12th he asked how I felt, I simply said I thought he lost his swing after the first 3.... I was sent to the deputy head who decided he would give me 6 more on my backside and told me to bend over his desk... I refused as I felt the punishment had already outweighed the offence... he called 2 other male teachers to hold me down, they failed so he said if I took the punishment he would not put my name in the punishment book... I asked if the education authority knew he was dishing out punishment and not recording it... there was a big conflab with the teachers and I was sent home early.... several men in suits were seen in and out of the heads office over the next couple of days and a change in attitudes [which didnt last long] followed.

My original offence..... I objected to the teacher rapping another pupil across the back of his fingers with the edge of a rule whilst singing a nursery rhyme and increasing the blow with the last word of each line.... I also objected later when another teacher caned a boy across his wrist.

The best days of our lives.....

Archived