onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pay on the gate

I dont get it Cheeky

We just got promoted, had some amazing home attendances, I thought for all of us the feel good factor was back.

The irony of the opening poster complaining about no pay on the dasy, yet he lives in Wolves and for the first time in our history we are just about to offer him the chance of being able to buy tickets from home in advance and let him print them is laughable.

We are mid way through moving the awfull shop and tiny ticket office into [ judging from the plans ] a far , far better facility, this is all a major step forward.

I believe we are as close as we have ever been to concluding the Lorne street stand, it should be complete this season [ yes we have heard it before i know, but this time I believe it will happen] we are trying to engage positively with families with young kids, the very future of our club, this again is only a positive for me.

We have just increased the uptake on new ST [ new ST holders this season ] sales by some 40% and this will rise further, we have just sold out on a limited edition top, in doing so eclipsed the total sales of home tops for some previous seasons.

Smurf will make some mistakes, he will upset some, it is impossible to please all the people all the time, he however is like a breath of fresh air, long may it continue.

If anything the opportunity to buy tickets online will speed things up. Pay on the gate is outdated and slow. Say if everybody decided print off the tickets who were paying on the day, then the queues would go down a lot quicker than with cash paid on the gate.

Advert

Horrific post from whoever started it. The family stand is the worst part of our ground and I agree it should be moved. The ticket system will take place and move Vale into a new market, the whole point of it is that you can buy tickets on line so you don't have to wander down to VP just for a ticket. It all makes sense when you use your head and have a little positivity about the whole place. These people who live in the dark ages, who don't want to queue up for 5 minutes because they want an extra pint in Tommy's need to re-assess why they are going to watch Vale. Smurf is making our great club, a place to be and a place players want to play. 4 years ago we would never of attracted someone of Kaid Mohammeds ability it would of been a pipe dream. and the fact 3/4 clubs were after him as well as us. That should show you how far we have come.

Getting online and printing off tickets is great.... if you are online and have a printer.... and if you have plastic of course.

I have no idea how many vale fans are not internet connected but not so long ago several people informed OVF that it was not the voice of the majority because the majority were not connected to it.... Im all in favour of progress but dont lets leave everything behind because we think we are all on the same page.

Getting online and printing off tickets is great.... if you are online and have a printer.... and if you have plastic of course.

I have no idea how many vale fans are not internet connected but not so long ago several people informed OVF that it was not the voice of the majority because the majority were not connected to it.... Im all in favour of progress but dont lets leave everything behind because we think we are all on the same page.

So they can get to the ticket office; it's not like online is the only option available.

I know it's annoying at away grounds when you get to the gate and are told "Sorry mate you have to get a ticket from the ticket office" but we're talking about home games

I don't think it's such a chore to get to VP a few mins early to get a ticket given the benefits to many supporters and the club of what is being proposed; what next "Can you have someone from the club bring my ticket to me ast Tommy's please" ;)

I don't actually think that anyone on this forum is " disrespecting" the smurf in any way at all !.

The fact that people are taking the time to offer constructive criticism & ideas just outlines the interest, passion & commitment that they have for the club.

I for one don't know the first thing about running a business let alone a football club,but I am impressed that people on here are posting such well constructed & thought out ideas about how I GENUINELY believe they feel the club should be managed from the top.

If I was Smurf reading these posts I would be impressed by the interest & amount of input going into these posts.

Isn't one of the reasons Smurf took over the club the fact that he felt the clubs supporters & staff have a real deep passion for this club which is contagious to the point that he's caught the vale bug & now he's one of us ?.

There are people on here who clearly have business acumen who are offering their sincere opinions ....I don't see that as disrespect in any way shape or form.

We all have the right to disagree with anything,just as I'm sure some people are disagreeing with this very post, but that's not disrespect, that's healthy debate !.

Norman has taken into account that not every one has plastic and computer access

He is building a brand new ticket office to cater for these people

So they can get to the ticket office; it's not like online is the only option available.

I know it's annoying at away grounds when you get to the gate and are told "Sorry mate you have to get a ticket from the ticket office" but we're talking about home games

I don't think it's such a chore to get to VP a few mins early to get a ticket given the benefits to many supporters and the club of what is being proposed; what next "Can you have someone from the club bring my ticket to me ast Tommy's please" ;)

Norman has taken into account that not every one has plastic and computer access

He is building a brand new ticket office to cater for these people

I was just pointing out to the people who think everyone is online because they are online that not everyone is online or wants to be online, not everyone who has a computer has a printer and not everyone has plastic.... which seems to be the mass assumption.

Many thanks jonnyaich my guess is you too understand complex business

Aw shucks :blush:

Not really......I ran my own limited company (IT consultancy) for 10 years up until 2003 which gave me some insight..but it was nowhere near the size of vale and i have held management positions in several large financial organisations and a largeish retailer but I wouldn't say that qualifies me either...just some experience

I was just pointing out to the people who think everyone is online because they are online that not everyone is online or wants to be online, not everyone who has a computer has a printer and not everyone has plastic.... which seems to be the mass assumption.

OK but I've seen no such assumption..I don't for one second think anyone on here thinks that everyone is online and can print tickets themselves

Oh sorry

You are right though, not every one is on-line [ or has cards ]

Thankfully we have other options [ which should be a vast improvement on before ]

OK but I've seen no such assumption..I don't for one second think anyone on here thinks that everyone is online and can print tickets themselves

Really?...... take a read at some of the posts again.... sorry you missed it.... or didnt... whatever

So on review:

You can buy online and print the ticket off.

You can buy online and have the ticket delivered to you.

You can buy a ticket from our new ticket office.

What a pain :doh:

There is another alternative

You may decide you cant be bothered . Not me, but some will and we need EVERYONE.

Make it simple so that anyone can do it.

Archived