onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Development squad

sbilli

I totally agree but it seems that Adams lacks the patience to persist with young players preferring instead to bring in experienced players from other clubs.

Dont thinkits a lack of patience from MA , davis has played quite a few first team games already. Maybe its because he wanted ,like all of us wanted, promotion. Bringing experience in, Purse and Chilvers achieved this, do you think we would have gained promotion by persisting with Davis ?

Advert

Dont thinkits a lack of patience from MA , davis has played quite a few first team games already. Maybe its because he wanted ,like all of us wanted, promotion. Bringing experience in, Purse and Chilvers achieved this, do you think we would have gained promotion by persisting with Davis ?
MA cannot be faulted on last season`s result, promotion was essential. He will have a tougher task this season, it will be interesting to see how the development squad fits in. Playing together with more competitive games should help. Going back to the 50s the reserves always played every week, whereas in the last few years it seemed to me that games were less frequent.

Persist? Davis made a mistake in the first game, was subbed at halftime and not seen for months! He came on at Burton and played well but then wasnt seen for ages again.

When he came into he side he made a number of mistakes and instances bad positioning, he just had the pace to recover. But yes, he had obvious talent. I remember back then I knew someone who played for the vale as a kid and mentioning that scouts from man utd had taken an interest when he was much younger. I'm sure I was told he played up front as a kid?

He was yes, I officiated games when he played up front and in defence and always looked better in defense even though it didn't appear he much wanted to play there at the time.

Is Adams to blame for a lack of patience, or us the fans?

Everyone wants to win. As soon as Adams plays an inexperienced player they become a scapegoat. If we don't want / play poorly questions will be asked of the team selection, notably of any players who are unproven. This backlash and expectancy to win even happens in the Paint Pot Trophy at this club.

Adams can't really win. He either continues to play someone to give them experience, and to bed them in... or he goes with his strongest team.

If we're to be a club who bring youth through the ranks and produce stars of the future the fans need to have more patience and not expect miracles from game one.

Spot on Vale fans are not widely known for their patience, understanding and calm temperament. A peak through some of the torades of abuse and moaning directed at players and the manager in the last 12 months despite winning promotion highlights this. Christ imagine what it would have been like had we not won promotion.

I want youth to be succesful as much as the next man but the modern day football fan, Vale fans very much included, generally want to win at all costs and are very demanding.

Persist? Davis made a mistake in the first game, was subbed at halftime and not seen for months! He came on at Burton and played well but then wasnt seen for ages again.

Didn't he play at Northampton as well?

If it was down to not playing due to making mistakes, how many of the central defenders we have had this last season would have played 2 games on the trot? Davis is,IMO,the best centre half at the club but I'm not sure he'll get the chance to prove it.

I think that people foret that he is oly 19. If he is still where he is in 2 years time, them I agree that we have a decisio to make. I would like to see him geting onto the pitch a few more time next season though with a view to holding down a place on merit next year at 21.
are you spanish by any chance row L???

Yes he did. Then started the next 3 games against Forest Green, Rochdale & Southend.

He came on after Owen did himself an injury at Northampton, and with McCombe's suspension I think we only had two fit centre halves at that time.

Adams has looked reluctant to play Davis. Perhaps he was worried about him struggling with the physical aspect of League Two. He's definitely got potential but he's now at the stage where he needs experience under his belt in order to fulfil it.

Archived