onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Development squad

sbilli

Advert

Surely it's time for MA to decide on Davis. He's old enough now. Either give him a go or let him sign for a club who won't ruin the career of yet another young player.

I bet he wishes he'd signed for Crewe as a youngster.

Our ability to bring on players from promising youth teams is getting beyond a joke.

I realize I probably expected too much from our youth players when I've seen us beat Premier League teams, but surely they can't all have been that bad.

The most difficult step is from Youth to first team. We can attract talent by showing that they will be given a chance. We can't expect the whole of any youth squad to come through nor can we expect youngsters to show their ability by spending 46 games on the bench or being allowed 10 minutes occasionally. There may have been a case in the later part of last season for bringing in experienced players to see us through a difficult period and put us on the right track. I wonder what part Smurf sees in the development and sale of our own players in his business plan.

Surely it's time for MA to decide on Davis. He's old enough now. Either give him a go or let him sign for a club who won't ruin the career of yet another young player.

Our ability to bring on players from promising youth teams is getting beyond a joke.

I realize I probably expected too much from our youth players when I've seen us beat Premier League teams, but surely they can't all have been that bad.

I totally agree but it seems that Adams lacks the patience to persist with young players preferring instead to bring in experienced players from other clubs.

I totally agree but it seems that Adams lacks the patience to persist with young players preferring instead to bring in experienced players from other clubs.
A mid table team can blood players, but a team desperate to get out of L2 could not. Let us see what happens.

I don't get that statement? Are you saying just because he's older he should be starting? He's still only 19, i'm sure when/if Adams thinks he's ready he'll get his chance.

I don't get that statement? Are you saying just because he's older he should be starting? He's still only 19, i'm sure when/if Adams thinks he's ready he'll get his chance.
Why not a few games? Was he not OK in the early part of the season? How old was Gardner, and in the Championship as it is now, and he made mistakes. But if it is a case of body strength that is a different matter, he will need building up, maybe out on loan.

Why not a few games? Was he not OK in the early part of the season? How old was Gardner, and in the Championship as it is now, and he made mistakes. But if it is a case of body strength that is a different matter, he will need building up, maybe out on loan.

Yea, send him out on loan, not just get rid. He was on the fringes of the 1st team last year. I don't think he was quite ready, but a very good prospect that i'd like to keep.

Ant Gardner was an exceptional talent. He came in and cut the mustard straight away. You could tell he had unbelievable talent. Which is why we sold him for so much to Tottenham.

I like Davis, he's making decent progress, but he HAS to be right. Time will tell.

I think that people foret that he is oly 19. If he is still where he is in 2 years time, them I agree that we have a decisio to make. I would like to see him geting onto the pitch a few more time next season though with a view to holding down a place on merit next year at 21.

Ant Gardner was an exceptional talent. He came in and cut the mustard straight away. You could tell he had unbelievable talent. Which is why we sold him for so much to Tottenham.

I like Davis, he's making decent progress, but he HAS to be right. Time will tell.

When he came into he side he made a number of mistakes and instances bad positioning, he just had the pace to recover. But yes, he had obvious talent. I remember back then I knew someone who played for the vale as a kid and mentioning that scouts from man utd had taken an interest when he was much younger. I'm sure I was told he played up front as a kid?

Is Adams to blame for a lack of patience, or us the fans?

Everyone wants to win. As soon as Adams plays an inexperienced player they become a scapegoat. If we don't want / play poorly questions will be asked of the team selection, notably of any players who are unproven. This backlash and expectancy to win even happens in the Paint Pot Trophy at this club.

Adams can't really win. He either continues to play someone to give them experience, and to bed them in... or he goes with his strongest team.

If we're to be a club who bring youth through the ranks and produce stars of the future the fans need to have more patience and not expect miracles from game one.

Archived